Chapter 71: This is reality

Minutes of solitude and depression came running in, minutes turned to hours and hours turned into days. And before they knew it, it was finally towards the end of the week, Friday.

             Jimin was in deep sleep from the night before. Lately all he's been doing was practicing his poker techniques with himself and all he did was just stay there in his penthouse, not longing to head out to work at all just so he can ensure he was going to win against Yuzo.

            Jimin layed asleep when suddenly, a hand caressed his face softly, causing him to awaken. Jimin looked up to see Jungkook smiling down at him. Jimin's head was just resting over Jungkook's lap as the younger focused on Jimin with a smile.

           "J-Jungkook...? Y-You're back..." Jimin whispered as his voice cracked.

           "I missed you. Ah...Why were you drinking? You did realize that even if we were far apart, it doesn't mean you can keep drinking. I wanted you to hold yourself back from that. Show me you can handle things on your own.. But sadly, I know you couldn't. It's okay... I understand you.. I know you by now and I want to say that I accept you. I know you didn't mean to kill my Father. You were forced. I get that. I-I... Just couldn't live on without you." Jungkook whispered as Jimin sat up, looking around the pitch dark penthouse. It was like a room full of darkness where the only light was Jungkook there, holding Jimin's hand through it all. 

            "Please.. Don't speak, don't say a word to me about it... I just want to hold you close again. That's my only wish." Jimin whispered as Jungkook moved in first and hugged Jimin and looked at the man hugging him.

         "Jimin... You made a mess of yourself... Drunk, depressed, stressed..." Jungkook sighed and pulled his head away from the hug and pointed his face towards Jimin's. "I love you... I'm sorry for doing this to you. I just didn't know what to do... I was confused..." Jungkook added as Jimin looked at Jungkook, scanning his eyes up and down the boy's body, noticing Jungkook was still using the clothes from the last time he saw him leave.

            "Oh, Baby boy you're still wearing those clothes?" Jimin asked and let out a silent chuckle. "Mm.. That's okay. You can wear my clothes." Jimin stated. Not caring about how dark it suddenly was in the penthouse. All that mattered was Jungkook was finally back. But it was odd how he shed no tears. "Let's go to our room... If we can find it..." Jimin added, looking around as a light in his bedroom suddenly turned on and Jimin didn't even care to question it.

              "I've missed you so much... You don't know what I've been through... I.. Tried my best to keep myself happy but you were always on my mind..." Jungkook added as he held Jimin's hand. Walking to the bedroom.

              "I missed you too, Baby Boy... Ah, it feels so much better when I say it to your handsome and adorable bunny face." Jimin chuckled as Jungkook loosed his grip on Jimin's hand and walked off into the room on his own. Displaying a blank face. "So you're really here for me now... I miss those good old days we would cuddle and kiss."

        "We can tonight!" Jungkook added with a giggle. "Maybe... After you win against Yuzo... Maybe we can rent out a room and have a little fun?" Jungkook said with a chuckle, turning around to see Jimin just standing there... With a blank yet shocked face. "What's wrong, Love...? Don't you want to do that with me later?~"

           "Jungkook would never talk me in about sex and when we are going to do it.... And, how would he know I'm going against Yuzo later on today?" Jimin wondered as he stepped back from Jungkook. "You're not real... This isn't real.. I'm just hallucinating aren't I? Or am I just dreaming?" Jimin cried as he turned away to avoid gazing at Jungkook look down in dismay. Sadly, it was only Jimin's mind playing tricks on him all over again... This time, Jungkook was still outside of Jimin's life, still neglecting him.

           Jimin then woke up in his living room, surrounded by nothing but cards, Poker chips and a few glasses where he drank wine from. The man woke up and sat up to look around, gazing at the digital clock of his penthouse to see the clock striked 4:53 A.M. Jimin then walked over to a few lights and switched it on, gazing around to see that the dream felt so real, he felt happy and complete. Now, he woke up to no one caressing his face, hugging him close and smiling at the way he spoke. It almost made Jimin wish he can fall back asleep just so he can kiss Jungkook asleep if he can ever return to the dream.

             Jimin stood up and let out a sigh. "It's been so long since I've done something humane... All I've been doing was practicing my techniques in Poker... Trying hard not to lose against Yuzo... I've been drinking, only eating snacks as meals..." Jimin whispered, walking to bed so he can rest. "Oh Jungkook... I need you here by my side..." Jimin added, grabbing the watch from the bedside cabinet and pulling it close in his hands to sleep. Jimin brought the watch up to his face and slept with it. Even if it was nothing comfortable to sleep with, this was all he had left of his wonderful, smart, funny and cute boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook.

           Jimin layed in bed, half asleep and half awake, wishing not to sleep just so he couldn't dream and see someone he couldn't have. Someone he can kiss easily and hug, but it just won't be real. Jimin tossed and turned in bed, wishing he had Jungkook to talk to him. Out of the sudden fustration, Jimin pulled out his phone and quickly dialed Jungkook's number and swiftly stopped before he tapped the call button.

            "He must be sleeping... B-But I'll just leave a voicemail!" Jimin added as he then let out a sigh, risking it all and calling Jungkook. The phone rang... It rang and rang.... However no answer. Just as what Jimin intended, but little did he knew, Jungkook was gazing at his screen when the call was recieved.

            Jimin then called again just to make sure as the phone rang again, but Jungkook was only staring at the Caller ID that appeared on his screen. Jungkook too layed awake at night, wishing to see Jimin but as soon as the man called, Jungkook quickly avoided it and just stared at the Caller ID, thinking of the many things Jimin might want to tell him. As much as they were and probably much of a wreck without eachother, Jungkook just wouldn't dare to accept the call. He only avoided it because he was filled with depression and of course anger and this alone made him grew scared or worried if he was to see Jungkook again.

            Jimin waited for the voicemail and hesitated a bit just to tell Jungkook he still loved him. Only then, Jungkook's voicemail cut on and Jimin listened to the younger's voice in the voice mail message before the beep. "Hi! If you hear this, I'm probably busy or sleeping, it depends! Anyways please keep it short, thanks!" Jungkook's voicemail said as Jimin started to smile at the cute message his younger baby left.

           "Hey Jungkook... I haven't seen you in a long time now and, I miss you already. I'm already a wreck. Ah, please tell me you'll hear me out... I only wish the best for you... I'm sorry for all I've done. Please don't force yourself to call me back.. I'll learn to live with this now.... I love you..." Jimin whispered and then allowed the voicemail to finish and save afterwards, Leaving Jungkook to quickly access it and play it out against his ear. Feeling as if Jimin really was there by his side, telling the boy how much he adored him After all that has happened.