Chapter 65: On the inside

The next morning, Jungkook opened his eyes to the sound of someone slurping out of a small box of apple juice. Only then, he turned his head to see Hoseok sitting on an opposite couch, watching the two cuddle in their sleep as he was drinking out of the juice box.

             "Good morning." Hoseok added with a smile as Jungkook quickly sat up to move away from Jimin's arms.

             "D-Did my Mother see... Me and Jimin laying here together...?" Jungkook asked in worry as the older boy shook his head and smiled.

            "Not yet... But she's getting ready for work so, have fun with that!" Hoseok added. Hoseok was already wearing clothes to leave and head off to college. Wearing blue jeans, white striped shirt, a black soft jacket and black low shoes.

           Jungkook quickly got off of Jimin and stepped away from the couch as he sat down with a sigh. "Can't let her know that we're a couple right now... Only when the time is right." Jungkook replied as Hoseok nodded and stood up, bringing up his back pack from behind the couch. Jungkook noticed it and raised a brow as Hoseok turned to Jungkook.

           "I throw my backpack anywhere." Hoseok added as Jimin turned over and continued to sleep. "I'll see you around, Jungkook. Good luck with the whole coming out thing to your Mother." The boy said walking out of the house with his bag as Jungkook watched him leave.

        Just then, the Mother started walking out of the bedrooms with just her formal attire for work, noticing Jimin was sleeping on the couch as Jungkook was tucking him in. "So you two look very close..."

          "Just a friend looking over another..." Jungkook added as he still hesitated to confess. It was a perfect time but he grew hesitant. "Jimin-"

           "Where did you sleep?" The Mother asked as Jungkook grew silent and quickly pointed to the opposite couch. "There?"

           "Mhm." Jungkook answered. Lying to Mrs. Jeon as Jungkook looked down at Jimin. Just before the Mother can add in any word, Jungkook changed the topic. Just to avoid confessing so early. He didn't know what came over him but it was the fear of his Mother having second thoughts on Jimin. Jimin tried so hard to impress her, Jungkook only held back in case she disliked that behavior.

             "Jungkook... Are you-"

              "Mother? Do you know what me and Jimin have in mind? What we have planned?" Jungkook interrupted. The Mother was close to addressing it but of course, she was interested in the question even more.

           "What?" Mrs. Jeon wondered, fixing the cuffs on her sleeved dress shirt for work.

           "Jimin and I.... We are going to look for the person responsible for Father's death!" Jungkook assured looking straight at his Mother in the eyes. "We don't have to question who did this... We can finally ask the person who did this, why did they do it?" Jungkook said as Jimin was awake now. "H-How could we tell He's dead?"

             "Jungkook.... He's been missing for so long... It's only normal we say he's dead... I know you've never had a chance to move on, but now? I think it's anger that's causing you to do this." Mrs. Jeon stated. "As much as I wish to know what happened to him... He's gone and never going to come back either way."

           "Then... I'll find out. I can't seem to move on without knowing. I need to know and Jimin... He wants to help me. Maybe if he has time off his work today, we can-"

            "You just... won't drop it won't you? What will Jimin think of you?"

             "Jimin has been through something like this too! Look..." Jungkook then took out the saphire necklace from around his neck and showed it to his Mother. "Jimin lost his Mother... This is all he had left of her... He doesn't have his father anymore... He knows how it feels. I think... He'll be able to help me with what I need!" Jungkook stated as Jimin opened his eyes, but facing the side of the couch in silence. Listening to Jungkook continue to talk about finding the real killer. Only then, Jimin started to feel like there was no hope in finding out the real killer for Jungkook's Father. There was no evidence and the boy would just catch himself in a replay. Repeating the same steps to nothing.

            "Jungkook.. N-Never mind what I said..." Mrs. Jeon said. Giving up on what to do now. Jungkook was already too deep into the idea that she no longer had it in her to tell Jungkook what to do with his life now. "I'm going to work..." Mrs. Jeon added a she walked back to her room, making Jungkook smile and look back at Jimin, seeing that the man was awake, blinking his precious eyes in silence.

           "Oh you're awake!" Jungkook said happily as Jimin sat up and looked up at the younger.

           "I was already awake." Jimin added, telling Jungkook he heard it all.

            "So you know what we will do today! This is going to be very exciting yet scary... We don't know what we'll be up against." Jungkook added as he pulled the covers off of Jimin. "Come on! You need to take your pills back at the Penthouse and get ready for work. As soon as we get there, we'll have plenty of time to-"

            "Of course..." Jimin whispered blankly again. It was like now his sanity dropped and he no longer had much to think about now. Something filled in his head as Jimin looked at the floor silently.

            "We should head back now! We have so much to discuss." Jungkook added. "We could even head back to the club again to gather evidence." Jungkook said as he walked up to the door. "Call your driver so we can head out now. Can't waste a second, Jimin." Jungkook added. This alone was the depression and anger speaking out of Jungkook's mouth but masked it with such a fake an excited voice. Deep down he was filled with dismay over the loss of his Father. He refused to remember him by as missing. He needed to know more. Unaware that this was starting to tick Jimin off.

         On their way back, Jungkook kept giving in ideas and theories about his Father, hoping Jimin can listen and add onto it but Jimin wasn't responding, inside he was going insane about Jungkook's constant talking about this subject.

           "Why can't he accept he's gone now?" Jimin thought, looking at Jungkook and then at his hands. "I feel like hurting myself over this... He's filling me with guilt I never thought I can feel..." Jimin said in his head while he blocked out the sound of Jungkook's constant voice that bothered Jimin.

            As soon as they reached the Penthouse. Jungkook walked in with a smile. "I never thought how much I would miss this place.... Jimin?"

           "Yes?" Jimin asked as Jungkook smiled.

           "You should really buy fishes for that pond. It would be such a good idea. Instead of having a plain pond, buy some catfishes! They'll be very beautiful in there."

          "Then I'll have to clean it, feed them and make sure they are getting the right water for the pond. It's decor not an aquarium, Baby Boy." Jimin responded, finally smiling as Jungkook looked down at the pond letting out a chuckle.

         "At... What time is your break?" Jungkook asked as Jimin rolled his eyes. The boy then looked up at Jimin, seeing the man walk off to his room as Jungkook realized Jimin's behavior around this situation.  The younger then took a moment to wonder, What was Jimin really upset about?