Chapter 16: A thought

Shortly after, Jungkook was waiting on the couch for Jimin to get ready and drive Jungkook to his house so he can pack up. Deep down, Jungkook pondered on what he had to tell his Mother if he runs into her.

          Jungkook sighed to himself, thinking how disrespectful he was towards his own Mother. He was willing to tell her off and head out just to please his addiction. "What do I say...?" Jungkook whispered to himself as he can hear Jimin's bedroom door open and close as the older man stepped out to see Jungkook waiting for him patiently.

           "You look so glum... Wouldn't you want to go home and pack?" Jimin asked the younger while Jungkook let out another sigh. Jimin was wearing a red turtle neck sweater with black tight jeans and white socks with his indoor shoes.

             "I have issues with my Mother... I disrespected her." Jungkook confessed, hearing the older man let out a chuckle.

               "Well? Who told you to disrespect her in the first place?"

               "It was unintentional... We got off on the wrong foot, she told me not to gamble but I did. My addiction has gotten worst." Jungkook answered, realizing Jimin grew silent. "I'm a disgusting mess!"

           "We're both a disgusting mess. Now let's go, my driver will be on his way with my car." Jimin stated, seeing Jungkook tilt his head. "What?"

           "I thought you were the one that drives..."

            "Well, no. Why would I drive if I drink alot of alcohol? I may not be drunk right now but I am not eligible to drive. That'll just end badly for me." Jimin asnwered the younger. "Which reminds me." Jimin said, walking over to the kitchen as he pulled out a small cup with a closed cap and straw. Jimin then filled it with ice as he walked over to the mini bar and began to fill up his cup.

           "Drinking again? Don't you think that's a little too much? Hate to be that guy here but... That's bad for you. Over the limits too. What if you pass out from drinking too much?"

            "Bummer." Jimin replied blankly while putting on black shaded glasses before walking up to his room. "I'll get my shoes then we can go."

            "Of course... why would some grown man listen to what I have to say?" Jungkook thought, letting out a scoff.

            Jimin then walked out of the bedroom with white shoes to head out while he carried his small cup of alcohol. "Let's go, he's outside." Jimin stated, walking to the elevator and turning back to the younger. "Let's go! Come on don't keep me waiting." Jimin added, moving his hand quickly to signal the young boy to follow.

            "Ah, do I really have to go..? Mother is going to hate me.." Jungkook claimed. "Don't you dare walk in the house with that alcohol."

            "Yeah, Yeah... I know already." Jimin sighed, pressing in his code for the elevator to leave. "What you'll do there is pack up and say your goodbyes."

           "W-What am I going to tell her?" Jungkook questioned stepping into the elevator. "Tell my Mother that you own me? Some alcoholic gambler?"

           "I didn't say you can tell her that. Tell her this. You are going far to work for money and move closer to college. Tell her you'll send her money from work and promise her you'll never go Gambling again. Just that easy." Jimin answered while turning to the buttons on the elevator and pressing down on the lobby floor.

           "I can't promise her that I'll quit again.. I did it before but then I lost her trust by going out last night."

          "If your Mother means a lot to you, why did you do it?" Jimin asked as the elevator took them down to the lobby.

          "Because I'm addicted to gambling and I didn't want you to make fun of me infront of everyone... It's just not fair for me. It's too hard to handle." Jungkook responded and layed against the elevator wall.

          "I can relate. Drinking isn't easy to give up for me... But I don't care what the outcome is." the older man then tipped his glasses to gaze up at Jungkook. "But you, gambling is just too easy to give up. Lock your savings away and by there you won't be able to play any gambling. I've been playing that for so long, I remember growing addicted to Poker and gambling. It wasn't easy but I got over it.. However, that only got me addicted to this." Jimin answered, holding up his cup of alcohol.

           "I can see that. Maybe, we can help eachother?" Jungkook wondered while he observed Jimin pressing the center of his glasses up to fix over his eyes, letting out a chuckle as he drank out of his cup.

            "You are trying to help me?"

            "Yes... You are willing to help me out with my Mother. So I am willing to help you out with this.."

             "Just let me be... I can help you but don't worry about me. Perhaps, soon I'll find out what will happen to me and learn from it."

           "But... What if you die from drinking too much?"

          "Oh what a shame." Jimin claimed blankly as the younger was so surprised at how Jimin wasn't afraid to die. Jimin drank out of his cup again as he walked out of the elevator with the younger. Walking out of the building as Jungkook followed after.

            "But you'll be dead... Far from everyone.. No longer living and everything you do here will mean nothing!" Jungkook whispered to Jimin as the younger opened his car door to see his driver was inside the car, waiting for him.

           "Jungkook, death is normal. Stop making it sound like a dangerous thing. All in all, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." Jimin responded, holding the door open for the younger. "Go in."

          "We should handle this together.. We both have bad habits so why not fix them?"

           "I would... But yet again, I just don't feel like it.." Jimin replied fixing his shades as Jungkook climbed into the car, noticing Jimin's nose was turning red followed by the constant sniffles.

           "Crying already? Does drinking mean something to him? Does he want to die?" Jungkook questioned. Jimin seemed like a funny and smart, competitive guy... However, there was something Jungkook didn't know about the older man.

          Jimin climbed into the car after and closed the car door behind him, turning to Jungkook after. "Give him your address. Quickly." Jimin demanded as the younger sat up and accepted the small post-it note and pen to write down his address for the driver.

            "Are you okay?" Jungkook asked writing down the address while Jimin nodded, gazing at the younger through the dark shades.

             "Of course I am. Stop worrying about me... There's no use anyways. Crying today is nothing compared to future tears I'll shed. It's just a fact." Jimin replied looking out the window and placing his cup in a cup holder before letting out a sigh. "Anyways, your Mother will still love you..." Jimin assured, putting on his seatbelt.

            Jungkook handed the pen and post-it note back to the driver as he sat back and placed on his seatbelt. "You really think so?"

         "A Mother can shout and scold her child for many things... But what a loving Mother will never do is look at her child in the eye and tell him or her to walk out of her life and never come back. There won't ever be a moment where a loving Mother won't think about her child." Jimin stated. Gazing up at the younger to see Jungkook already pondering at the thought over and over again until he just made a smile and looked down at his hands.

           "You're right... I guess I can go see my Mother now. Whether she likes it or not, I'll see her again." Jungkook responded, feeling much more better about the issue now while Jimin stopped sniffling and made such a warm smile after helping.

          No matter what Jimin felt inside... He ended up smiling afterwards by just sitting there with the younger. Realizing that Jungkook was such a kind, bright and happy young man. Jimin just  longed and envied the younger's glee. Hoping to one day smile in what ever situation he comes across just like Jungkook.