Twenty Six

-Mia-

He gave me a sympathetic look, "Don't cry, baby." Those words only made me sob harder and I covered my face, not wanting to cry again but I couldn't help it. It was all too much.

"Come here," I heard him softly say but I shook my head, uncovering my face and wiping my eyes. "I don't wanna hurt you," I managed to say, shaking.

"Come here," he repeated, slowly moving his arm and wincing before gently patting the space next to him. I hesitated and he patted it again so I quickly scurried over, laying beside him and attempting to stop crying.

"You're tired," Vincenzo warmly said, slowly wrapping his arm around me, holding me close. "Go to sleep."

I listened to his kind voice, closing my eyes and relaxing.

"Go to sleep. ."

I awoke feeling comfortable and soon, the memories of what happened before I fell asleep, came back to me.
I was by Vincenzo's side, my head on the side of his chest and my arm around his stomach, away from his wound. I felt good.

"Have a nice sleep?" Vincenzo asked, his hand slowly going up and down my waist. I nodded, "yes, thank you."
I knew he was about to say something but I beat him to it.

I quickly sat up, turning to head to see him. Blinking back my tears I said, "Vincenzo, I need to tell you something." He nodded slowly, "me too."

I nodded, sighing at myself. "I am so, so sorry for ever comparing you to your father. You are not and will not never be anything like that horrible man. You are kind, sweet and lovely. You are attractive, funny and smart - nothing like that man and don't ever think that you are."

"I'm so sorry for always putting my feelings away and making you do the same-"

"Mia-"

"No, I shouldn't of," I firmly said, my eyes locked with his. Shakily, I continued, "I'm sorry for not noticing the things you were trying to do to please me. I'm sorry."

I exhaled, tears rolling down my cheeks, "I-I'm sorry for yelling at you that n-night. .for not listening and telling you that I hated you. .I don't Vincenzo. I didn't mean what I said, I was just angry and upset a-and. ." I wiped it eyes, swallowing. "And I shouldn't of ever let those words escape my mouth. ." I looked at him deeply in his eyes sadly, "I'm so sorry Vincenzo."

He took my hand, squeezing it. "You have no idea how much hope that gave me when you squeezed my hand," I told him, a small smile on my face.

Vincenzo smiled softly, "Mia, you don't have to apologise,"

"B-"

"It was me, not you," Vincenzo continued, "I was horrible to you. I cheated, I lied and I made you feel ten times worse. I don't deserve you Mia. I screwed up. I turned to drugs for the answer when all I should of done was talk to you and I apologise for that. You are kind, loving and incredibly sexy. I've never met anyone like you." I bit my lip, rubbing my thumb over his hand.

"I'm so sorry for ever cheating on you, Mia. For making you feel so hurt for so long, for doing things that you didn't want me to do, for ruining our relationship. For everything, Mia. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I really don't deserve you at all, you could do so much better than me, Mia and I understand if-"

I started crying again, placing my hand over my eyes. "Mia. ."

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear a genuine and emotive apology from you."

I uncovered my face, tears still spilling out my eyes. "That was all, Vincenzo. An apology and some time would of been all it would take for me to say that I forgive you and love you."