Forty Four

-Mia-

I was sitting on the floor, my back on a tree and my bare legs spread apart. I held back a scream as another shooting pain ran through me.

I wasn't sure what to do. I hadn't had the chance to actually sort out what was going to happen when I gave birth.

April was sat beside me, her face filled with worry as I tried to push the baby out of me. I didn't feel like I need to push, all I felt was pain in my lower abdomen than tingled around my body.

I cried out in pain, squeezing a hard stick that was on the floor. Everything around me was unhygienic for me and the baby. What if something went wrong?

"Mama?" April asked in a scared tone as I glanced at her, my body sweaty. "I-it's alright, April," I said before letting out a loud groan, the feeling of something pressing down on my lower body in me.

I started crying, not because of the baby but because nothing around me was safe and there was a high chance that something would go wrong or something had already gone wrong.

I wiped my eyes, not wanting to cry in front of April and groaned loudly, squeezing my eyes closed, only to open them once I heard the sound of someone calling my name from far away.

My eyes flew open and I looked at April. She didn't say anything.

"Mia!"

I looked around, wincing in pain. Someone was calling me.

"Mia!"

"April!"

"Here!" April screamed loudly and I soon heard the sound of fast footsteps coming closer.

That's when I saw him.

He was running towards us, a huge gang of men behind him. He quickly yelled instructions in Italian and some of them parted their ways, going in a different direction whilst some stayed.

"Vince?" I groaned, my hand on my stomach as pain ran through me.

He came over, breathless and kneeled beside me, a concern look on his handsome face. I cried out in pain, taking his hand and squeezing it. "The baby. .I'm in labour. ."

Dante came from behind him and I glanced at April who seemed to be shaking a little. "D-Dante take April away from here. .she can't see this." He did as I asked with no hesitated and took her away. That's when I noticed that Vincenzo's men were in a circle around us, guns in their hands and their back to me.

I let out a small scream, squeezing his hand. "Vince? It hurts." He nodded, "I know, I know, baby." He was about say something else when I interrupted, "Can you. .can you check down there?" I glanced between my bare legs and he nodded, moving to them, looking down before almost instantly moving away and turning his head.

"There's a head. .there's a head coming out of your-"

"You need to . . You need to be there. Stay there, you need to help me deliver the-" I cried out in pain, "the baby! You need to deliver the baby."

He looked at me in surprise before nodding. "What the hell am I supposed to do?"

I groaned, pushing a little. "The head comes out first. You need to be there for . . For when the baby fully comes out. I need your help. ."

"Can't we just. ." He tried to close my legs but I snapped them open, glaring at him. "Now isn't the time for jokes, Vincenzo!" I snapped, letting out a scream of pain.

He hid his smirk and I almost punched him for joking in a time like that. "Blankets. .we need blankets!" I said, before yelling in pain, my head going back as I arched my back.