Thirty Two

-Mia-

I was going to storm out that room but I didn't. He stared at me emotionlessly before leaving the room, closing the door gently behind him.

As soon as he did that, my knees buckled and I fell to the ground, crying hysterically. I couldn't stop and soon I was having a panic attack, gasping for air and panicking badly inside.

My vision was going fuzzy and I felt lightheaded, as though I was going to pass out when suddenly someone came and held me, telling me to breathe and saying soothing words to me.

I soon started breathing normally, my vision coming back clearly and I saw that it was Maria with a concerned look on her face.

Tears streamed down my face and she tutted a little, hugging me as I cried silently. She held me for a long time and let me cry it all out.

I sniffed, pulling away and wiping my eyes. "Why do I keep loving him when he keeps hurting me?" She sighed, shaking her head. "You love him."

I wiped my sore eyes, sighing. "We were going good!" I said, my voice teary. "And then he throws this baby - mafia crap on me and makes me angry!"

"Baby?" She asked in surprise, her eyes glancing down to my stomach. "No, no," I said, sniffing, "I'm not pregnant."

"Mia, what's going on?"

I explained to her what happened and there were mixtures of gasps and shocked expressions as well as concerned ones.

"Mia, I can't believe you had to go through that."

"What do I do?" I asked, nervous and confused. "What do I do?" I whispered more to myself.

"What do you want?" Maria asked, her eyes curiously staring at me as I pondered.

What did I want?

"I-I don't know if I want to be with him."

"Mia. .let's not jump so far. ." Maria told me softly as I sniffed again, wiping my eyes. "I can't be with someone who wants control over me like that. He has daddy issues. I get that he wants to love me and protect me but he needs to give me freedom. I can't be in a relationship like I was with James - my ex. He was controlling and horrible to me," I said, shuddering slightly at his name.

"He should know that I won't stand for having a baby in the mafia - if we do end up having children. I want to be able to have a family somewhere safe and this . ." I shook my head, glancing around. "This isn't the place. No child of mine with be in the mafia. Period."

Maria nodded, "you go girl." A small smile crept on my face and she smiled at me. "That's why Leo and I left. I think Dante was going to leave as well, I heard part of their argument."

"Who would take over the mafia if all of them left?" I asked, a little confused in this business.

"A cousin - some of relative or maybe Cristiano."

I raised a eyebrow, unfamiliar with the name. "Who's Cristiano?" She stared at me in shock. "Vincenzo didn't tell you?" I shook my head, now desperately wanting to know who Cristiano was.

"Their other brother."

My eyes widened, "another Rossi brother?" She nodded, "yeah. He was a bad brother. He betrayed them - stole thousands from them then left out of the blue. They don't really consider him a brother after he hurt them so many times."

I nodded, still shocked. "Wow. . I didn't know. ."

"Yeah," she said, with a sigh and she rested her hand on her bulging stomach. "It's no surprise that he didn't mention him to you."