"I'll Never Hurt You."

-Mia-

I sighed, rubbing my forehead before sipping some of my juice.

It had a been a week until I last saw Vincenzo and I was kinda sad.

I missed him but at the same time, I couldn't believe what happened. He was part of a gang - the mafia!

I still loved him and hated that. I loved him so, so much yet I hadn't known him for a while.

But he was coming back that day. We spoke briefly on the phone. It was awkward at first but we managed to push aside our difference as talked.

The doorbell rang and I swallowed, biting my bottom lip before slipping off my stool and walking to the door.

I opened it to see him with roses in his hands. I smiled a little, "hey."
"Hey," he replied softly, his hazel eyes gazing into mine.

I licked my lips, "Wanna come in?" He nodded and I let him in, closing the door behind me.

I followed him into the living room and he turned saying, "I know it isn't much but-" I took the flowers from him and smiled, "they're beautiful, thanks." I walked out the room and placed them in the kitchen, on the island before walking back into the living room.

We sat down on separate sofas and I asked him, "Are you hungry? Thirsty?" He shook his head with a smile, "no thank you."

There was a moment of silence.

"Mia-"

"Vince-"

I blushed, looking at him through my lashes. He chuckled softly and I smiled, looking away.

"Can you please just explain to me what's going on because I don't understand myself. You're part of the mafia?" I asked in confusion and he nodded. I sighed, "you're dangerous. .a criminal?"

He winced a little, "sorta."

I nodded slowly, licking my lips. "S-So whah do you do? Go around killing people - wait, you've killed someone?"

"I've killed loads of people," he bluntly told me and my eyes widened. "We do more than kill. It's complicated." I nodded, sniffing. "H-How? Did you choose?"

He shook his head, "its part of my family. I'm the heir to becoming the leader - Well, I've became the leader in the past week."

"Leader?" He nodded and I did the same, taking this all in. "I just. ." I sighed, gazing at him. "I can't believe you're a gang member."

After another moment of silence I asked, "Italian Mafia?" He nodded.

I ran my hand through my long hair. "Mia, I completely understand if you don't want to-"

"I want you," I told him genuinely before sighing. "I love you and I want to be with you but. .I don't know about what I'm getting myself into."

"I know," Vincenzo said, looking into my eyes. "So I'll help you. Mia, we can't do this. I don't think you'd like the kind of life-"

"But I love you and I know you love me so you won't let anything happen to me," I interrupted, my eyes never leaving his. "This is messed up for sure but . . I can't deny my feelings so I'm going to have to just suck it up and accept you."

He sighed a little, "Mia, you know I'd never hurt you - only protect and I'd never get you too involved in the mafia. I'm dangerous. You can't be around me."

"Well," I said, standing up and slowly walking towards him. "You should've thought of that before you starting falling for me." I swung my leg over, straddling him. I placed my hand on his cheek, gazing into his hazel eyes. "I love you."