"Love Is Overrated."

-Maria-

-Maria-

"I can't believe you did this to us - to her!" She screamed.

"It wasn't my fault!" He yelled back.

"I'm not letting them take her!" She shrieked.

"You have to! It's not your choice anyway!" He shouted.

-

"Dad, please!" I begged, tears running down my cheeks. "Don't make me go." He sighed, shaking his head.

I sniffed, hiccuping a little as I continued to cry. I shook my head. "How could you do this to me? I-"

He slammed his fist down on the counter and I flinched, shivering a little in fear. "D-"

"Stop arguing with me, Maria! You will marry Leonardo Rossi and save our family, and give him the heir that he wants - do you understand me?"

I sniffed, wiping my eyes and looking down. "Yes," I whispered, shivering a little in fear. "He wants an heir, Maria more than a wife, and you will give that to him. You will do everything he says with no argument, and make our family proud. You will do everything he wants and fill his every desire. Don't you dare argue or deny him."

I sniffed again, nodding and obeying my father. I wiped my eyes, biting my bottom lip before gaining the courage to say, "I have rights. I'm not going to give away my child - you can't do this."