Forty Five

-Mia-

"No!"

"Ow! April, stop it! Don't be a baby!" I snapped, slapping her leg while trying to put her clothes on.

"No! I don't want to go to school!"

"April Grace, you are going to school whether you like it or not. Reception isn't that bad!" I said, shoving her shoes on her foot.

"But I want to play at home!"

Your father really spoiled you. .

"April, no. Now stop crying and yelling, otherwise, you'll be getting another slap!"

Things had changed for us.
I moved out of the Rossi house days after being in the hospital. It was sad. Everyone had came to see me, to check on me and pass me their good wishes but I had to leave and the worst part was saying goodbye.

It was okay saying goodbye to everyone but I left the explaining as to why I was leaving to Vincenzo. Vincenzo. It was hard saying goodbye to him but also hard to explain to April why we were leaving. He found it hard to say goodbye to the kids but I promised him that I'd let him see them if he sorted himself out.

I moved next door to Cat. The money from the cleaning really helped out and I had loads of money in my bank. It was a large and beautiful home, great for the kids. There was lots of land and space but it was also cosy in a way. I redesigned some of it.

It was great living next door to Cat. She lived in her house with her two girls and River lived a door away but I was sure that they were going to move in together soon. River was a police officer but he wanted to change his career because he didn't agree with all the police said. He wanted to change and perhaps become a chef, he was great at cooking.

I did meet him and he was incredibly funny and also handsome - but of course, not as handsome as Vincenzo in my eyes.

Cat seemed to be settling fine and was moving on with her life, River was helping her with that.

April was fine and already had lots of friends in school and in the neighbourhood. She was a popular girl.

I officially named the baby Francisco. Something about the name stuck in my head and it reminded me of Vincenzo. He liked that name and although he gave me the chance to name the baby myself, I wanted his opinion and I liked it.

The baby was settling in fine and was five months already. He was adorable and funny and somehow always made me laugh even when he didn't realise it. He was beautiful with eyes just like his father's- hazel. It was gorgeous and I found myself staring at him a lot because of that.

April loved her new brother and would always ask to hold him - or to hold Lyric. She loved babies and asked me if I was going to have another one. I chuckled and told her 'not yet'. I still had time in my life but I did want more children in the future, just not in that time.

I finally got April settled and sat bed in the living room to watch some television after eating, so I could get her brother ready.

I fed him, burped him, bathed him and changed him into an adorable warm onesie that said 'mama's little boy' over the top. I slipped on his socks and shoes before grabbing his large and warm coat and putting it on him, it covered his whole body. It was like a onesie coat. I put on his hat and gloves before carrying him downstairs as he gurgled a little, and placed him into his pushchair.

I covered him with a light blanket underneath the large one that the pram had as he kicked a little in his stroller before I opened the hood and covered some of the pram with it.