CHAPTER II: My second prayer

"Mr. Jeon asked me to give you this specific patient" JiHye handed me a metal clip board which I scanned thoroughly

"Is he somewhat related to Mr. Jeon? Why would he want a special treatment to this guy?" I asked curiously as I'm still scanning the papers and saw nothing special about his case.

"This patient is on hold for a over a week since he's admitted here. Mr. Jeon won't give it to just some nurse to work onto since he believes that guy needs 24/7 monitoring and attention. I believe your fresh graduate stats really made Mr. Jeon trust this to you"

I couldn't help but feel so honored at her words. "I should really do my best at this patient then" I smiled at her feeling a confidence rush through my body. "Can I meet him now?"

"Come with me, you'll have to talk with the guardian first" she began walking and I happily skipped; following her

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"Good Morning NaNa" Ji Hye greeted a mid-50s lady that was waiting at the lobby

"Good Morning too. Is this the lady that will take care of my manggae?" She smiled hopefully at me and I bowed at her.

"Yes NaNa, she's Lee EunByeol. Mr. Jeon assigned her personally to look after your grandson"

The woman held my hands and smiled at me ever so brightly which I mirrored to.
"Thank you for accepting to look after my manggae.. He's been on hold for too long, I was afraid that his situation will worsen."

"I'm glad to look after your grandson, the pleasure is mine Ms..?" I'm still unsure on what to call her since I don't know her name. It wasn't written on the records of the patient either.

"Call me NaNa" she went in for a hug. I can feel the happiness emitting from the hug and this feeling really made me want to do my best just for my first patient to heal.

"I'll work hard.... NaNa"

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

JiHye showed me around the building; telling me the pantry, restrooms, and other rooms that I needed to know.

I met the nurses and other doctors and felt very welcomed as well. They tell me the Do's and Don't's in the department and told me advices on how to handle patients.

If I may say I really think I'm ready to start seeing the patient starting tomorrow; I'm confident that I'll do well and be one of the best psychiatrist here. The thought of having my own clinic was far behind my mind as the thought of improving the situation of my very first patient really became my top priority.

"I heard you'll be taking care of the VIP patient as a start?" MinAh, a newly acquired friend asked me with a smile on her face.

"Oh right! Mr. Jeon must be really trusting you so hard to give that case to you despite that this is your first time working in the industry" another new friend named SeoJoon gave me his sly smile

"I know right? I was really greatful of having this case. Its a very good start for me" I replied feeling the happiness and honour growing in my body.

"YoonJi must be really furious and down when she hears the news that the case is assigned already" MinAh stirred her iced coffee and look a bit scared at the mention of another new girl to my ears.

"YoonJi? Who is that?"

"She's the senior of all seniors. She's been the best doctor in this ward right at her first year aging only 24. And she really wanted the VIP case to be assigned to her. She even begged and cried for Mr. Jeon to give it to her but he said that she can't have it and brushed her off " SeoJoon lowered his voice as if telling a story that others should not know about.

Hearing her story made me think and know that we will never be in good terms once she knows I have that case. This day was going on so great. Then I already have a girl to avoid and have a glaring contest with on my first day.

I guess I need to send my second prayer to mom and dad right away.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Lameness at it's finest

But the next chapters (I hope)
Will be less lame

Please support me 😭
(I'm desperate)

-Luna❣️