CHAPTER III: The Third floor

"Hey where are you?" A very familiar voice asked from the other line as I answered the call

"Going home from work. Why?" I walked out of the ward and feel fresh breeze embrace me

"What 'why?' ? I'm already infront of your house with all of my things waiting to come inside and be organized immediately"

I almost shriek loudly as the memo is just being reminded by my brain at this moment.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry HaeNa! I was occupied with my first day at work and completely forgot that today is the day you'll be moving in" I was beginning to walk fast to the bus stop and hailed for a taxi.

"Just come quick" she said sternly and hung up

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"I'm really sorry!" I shouted as soon as I got off the taxi and scrambling to get my keys out.

"You have to treat me dinner! I was being looked at like a teenager being kicked out of the house because I married early. It was REALLY EMBARRASSING" she cried out as she got the bags that she can carry inside as the door is now open. I got the remaining bags and closed the door behind us.

"Why do you have so many things?" I complained as we were heading upstairs to her new room

"I'm a busy lady just so you know" She was also having a hard time getting her luggage up to the third floor.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"So where do you wanna eat?" I asked as I locked the door. We agreed on eating first before we settle her things down since we are both starving. I only had one bread at the ward earlier because I was still shy around them and I don't wanna have a ' shameless pig' as their first impression of me.

"Samgyupsal sounds good tonight" she cheered and we went on our way.

"How's your parents? " I asked putting my hands in my pockets as we walked towards the restaurant

"They're doing fine. We went to visit your mother's grave like a week ago" she clinged her arm around mine "mom's still mourning at the loss of her sister and they still can't understand why your father did what he did. "

"Neither do I" I sighed the memory came back flowing like a river. "Look, we're here!"  I dragged her as the restaurant was just a few steps away and also to drop the topic I don't really want to talk about

"how's the first day of work being a psychiatrist ?" She asked while making a wrap for me to eat.

"Should I call myself a psychiatrist now? I'm working as a doctor at Busan Psychic Ward" I sighed and ate the wrap she offered me with pouty lips

"Well, Its not bad for a start EunByeol. I also start off as a assistant tailor at a tailoring shop before I got my own clothing line."

"I'm not complaining tho. The nurses and doctors are nice to me and I don't feel like an outcast in anyway. I even have the most important patient as my first!" I said squeling which later on HaeNa joined to.

"Your hard work in studying paid off at your first day." She gave me a proud smile and offered a high-five. "How about your boss eh?"

I felt my cheeks blush and they're probably tinted right now just with the thought of the gentleman that I was starstrucked earlier

"Just by the look on your face right now I can tell you're going to love your boss right away" she laughed at my burning state while cooking the meat.

"I think I already do tho" I retorted with a soft laugh and took a sip of my cold soda to ease the heat in my body

"When we were young you were just crushing on Troy Bolton and now you're inlove at first sight with your first ever boss. You've grown up so much" She squeezed my cheeks and cooed like a little kid having her first dog.

I moved away at her touch and glared at her which she responded with a wink.
"You're lucky since I'm thankful for you using the third floor of the house" I said eating another delicious wrap made by her

"You're welcome cousin-byeol" she laughed.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I quickly kicked off my shoes and run towards their room at the third floor having my perfect final exam in my hands; ready to receive compliments and be praised.

"Mom? Dad?" I heard some weird laughter inside their room. My heart was beating so fast as bad thoughts tried to get the best of me.

I cracked the door open just a little just to be able to see what's inside. My hand immediately went to cover my mouth in attempt to muffle the shock cries that were caused by the scene I saw.

Blood in my fathers hand and a used knife. My mother laying breathless on the floor; her life taken away by my own father.

"I told you to listen to me! But you never did! I wanted you to help me! But you choose not to! Why!? Do you prefer seeing me this way!? Am I better in this state of mine!? You let her control me! You always knew she wanted to kill you! You knew she was always jealous of you! " My father shouted to my dead mother and continued to stab her for the nth time.

I was crying in horror. The man infront of me was nothing like the loving father that I had; he was a complete stranger to me. The look in his eyes were different, his aura, his personality was different at this moment... he wasnt my dad but, instead he was the monster inside of him that was waiting to be released.

It was his other self that got into him; His dual personality...

his other identity...

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Wow....
I'm disappointed on myself😭

How can I be so baaaaadddd

But, yeah here you go

I really hope you guys are enjoying this...

-Luna❣️