CHAPTER XII pt.2: 12 sticks

Jeon JungKook, a man filled with manners and a gentleman is here with me tonight raiding the stalls in the most popular food street venue in Busan: Gwangbokdong.

Plus, he's still wearing his black suit and tie

"Yah! How can you eat that much?" He looked at me with disbelief. "You're going to choke yourself"

I fed myself the 12th Eomuk (fish cakes) and held my hand up as a sign that I'll respond later. "This 12 sticks are still nothing to me" I smirk at him as his eyes grew wide. "You think you can beat me?" I teased

He returned the smirk to me "I'm Jeon JungKook, EunByeol-ah. I think you still haven't heard much about me in the pantry?" Just by the tone of his voice, I grew nervous. " I'm good in everything and I beat anyone who tries to battle with me"

"I know you're my boss but, right now... you don't stand a chance"

"Oh really? Let's bet. The loser will treat the winner and the winner will choose" he quickly gathered 12 sticks to tie up with me "game?"

I get another stick and nod at him.

Just by the look at how's he's eating I already know that I need to save up some money to treat this guy some dinner. But, I'm a very competitive person; I don't give up just like that.

After some moments I was still eating then felt a tap on my shoulder. I saw a fluffy cheeked JungKook at my side as I turned at him. "I can't anymore..." he pouted and I laughed at him. He looks so cute.

Instead of the feeling of victory, butterflies are the one running throughout my body at the moment.

"It's only your 15th stick; I thought you were 'Jeon JungKook '? I put my sticks down and paid for the food." I'll be paying this time since you have to treat me dinner " we went and walk to the next stall that caught our attention.

"Her fish cakes were so big... it made me full in just 15 sticks.." he pouted more.

"Awwwww Jungkookie It's ok" I ruffled his hair. I can't believe I reached it despite the huge height gap.

His face flushed as well as mine but, he still smiled at me.

We went back to the car with some cotton candy in our hands.

"I can't believe you were able to eat that much. You're the only girl I know that can eat 20 eunmok. You're the only one that could beat me too" he smiled at me when we both got in the car. "You've done a lot of 'firsts' to me EunByeol. I'm impressed"

I blushed at his words. How many times have a blushed already?

"I'm Lee EunByeol, JungKook-ah" I mock his line and tone earlier making him laugh. His laugh is so beautiful. "And I can't believe that you really made your cotton candy into a rabbit shape"

We both laughed at that.

This moment... I don't want it to end...I wanted to stay...

"So when will you be treating me?" I tuck a loose hair behind my ear. Thinking of another night date with him is making me feel euphoric.

"Its your choice. I'll free my time for you" he smiled and started to drive off. And that's it my heart exploded because of my very first boss.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Please send some condolences for my heart.

-Luna❣️