CHAPTER XIII: October 13th

Its already the 13th of October, the year is gonna end soon. I got off the bus and started to head to the ward.

And! I hope I'm not late.. HaeNa made me stay up late and really got me a headache from all of the teasing she went on about last night..

"Oh Ms. Lee!" The nurse that is keeping an eye of Jimin came to me "when should I bring it in?"

"20 mins after I go inside" I smiled at her "don't be late"

"I won't disappoint you Ms." She bowed at me and left.

I hope this would turn out great!

Entering in the empty pantry, I put my bag down and got the gift I bought yesterday. "I really hope he likes this" Smiling to myself I started to head towards his room.

"Jimin?" I knocked on the door and heard a faint hum in response making me go inside.

He was facing the huge window that serves the view aligned with the entrance of the building, letting him see the cars that parks at the ward's parking lot.
He looks gloomy for some reason..

I tiptoed to him and stood behind his back. He's too oblivious to even look at me.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!!! " I cheered and pop the small party popper I have.

He look at me surprised and started to blush heavily. "Uh- thi- why?-" He stuttered making me laugh at his cuteness

I put the birthday hat on his head and I put mine too "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMIN~!!" I handed him the gift and he quickly grab it with the widest smile I saw from him.

He jumped on his bed and ripped the wrapper off. His eyes widen at the sight of what I gave him. "EunByeolie..... this...." he looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "How'd you know? How'd you get this?"

"I heard that you like Hulk so, I really search the mall to buy that lamp for you." I sitted beside his figure which is crying out of happiness

"I bought this so that you'll remember that don't ever think of your situation as a curse. Hulk is like another personality inside Dr. banner right? But, even though sometimes Hulk is like a big wrecking machine, he still does good..."

He looked at me with his watery eyes which made me wipe it off with my thumb..

I hate seeing tears from your eyes..

"What I'm trying to say is don't hate your situation too much... I'll help you get through it but, you also need to help yourself. Who knows, you might be the real incredible Hulk" I smiled at him and held his hand

"You're right.. I think I need to help myself.. hating myself never really did anything good to me even before" he chuckled and smiled

"Thank you Dr. EunByeol.."

"Eyy don't thank me yet! There's something else"

Talk about perfect timing. There was a knock on the door. "It's here~" I skipped towards the door and opened it revealing the nurse earlier with the trolly.

"Am I late ma'am?" She smiled awkwardly and handed me the cart

"You're just right on time. Thank you"

After she bowed and left, I pushed the cart inside and closed the door making Jimin stand up in curiosity.

"Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday my Jiminie~~ happy birthday to you" I sang and brought the cake to him making his smile to grow even wider than before. "Make a wish"

He came closer and closed his eyes. Seeing him like this makes me really happy.. The smile on his face is priceless.. the happiness that is filling up the room is something I don't want to end.. He's too precious.. I hope it will always be like this..

I hope he stays like this, far away from worrying about himself and a break from the stress even just for an hour...
I wish... I wish his problem ends...

He blew the candle and looked at me with pure happiness, not a single glint of depression in them.. can't your eyes be always like this Jimin..?

"Thank you..." He got the cake from my hands and put it back on the cart. "Thank you for making me feel happy again..."

"It's not-" he suddenly went in and hugged me tight causing me to shut my mouth up. This really caught me off guard.

"Thank you.." his voice was muffled due to the fact that he is really hugging me tight and he practically buried his head at the crook of my neck. I hesitantly raised my hands to hug him to soothe comforting patterns on his back

My effort on finding the gift was worth it
My plan with the nurse was worth it
The slight aegyo I showed him was worth it

Everything was worth it...

"Its ok Jimin... if its for you, its ok"

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Got a super hard time
Removing my
Writers' block

-Luna❣️