CHAPTER XIV: 14 years old

"Finally!" Raising my arms to stretch the tense muscles of my body. "There's only one thing left to do and I'm done !"

I was alone in the pantry. Again. And there was no one in the ward except for the nurses.

I fixed myself to look more human and started to walk towards his office.

'He must be already home' I sighed

This week's report is finally done but, the things NamJoon wrote is still flowing inside my mind.

"Do not make him feel like he's not enough
Do not hurt him
Do not make him hate himself
Do not make him regret "

I whispered to myself. I was expecting things like spiders, raisins or things like that to be written on that paper but, it was way deeper than that...

Shaking my head to clear away from the thoughts and walked nearer to his office but, something made me halt my steps.

"No...!" A faint shout was bouncing off the hallway's walls.

I felt every hair on my body stand up making me look around if anybody was around but, I saw no one.

Scary thoughts stormed in my mind as another muffled shout was heard and it was coming from....His office
My eyes widen; I rushed and went inside immediately

"Mi-mis-mister Jeo- Jeon?"

There he was, head on the table. Shouting "no" continuously while sweat was glistening his face.

I runned to him and shook him furiously trying to wake him up from the nightmare he was possibly trapped in.

"NO!" His eyes shot wide open, his breaths were heavy and his sweat:cold. What a relief...

"Are you ok Mr. Jeon?"

He looked at me with teary eyes making me look at him; confused
"EunByeol-ssi...?" He breath out and hugged me

My breathing hitched causing a huge lump  stuck at my throat

"Thank God you're here... I was scared... I was furious....."

He sobbed on my shoulder as his embrace tightened. I brought my hands to his back and patted it in attempt to calm him down..
"It's ok... I'm here... its just a dream..."

"Nothing is ok EunByeol... Nothing is just a  'dream'... nothing was ever since I was 14 years old..." he broke the hug and sitted properly

I tilted my head at him. I'm not sure if this is the right time for my curiosity to take over nor if I should be asking him any questions so, I just choose to shut up.

"He ruined everything... he took away my happiness ... he made it so hard for me... but, why can't I hate him? Why can't I resent him? Why do I still care for him after all the things he've done? Why do I still miss him? Why...."

he looked at me, tears falling from his once happy eyes
"Why do I still consider him as family..?"

I was taken a back from his question...
His words somehow reminded me of my father...
My father ruined everything and made me suffer the loss of my mom's care; he made me thirsty for love and attention...
And I found myself ask this question a couple of times as well...

Why do I still consider him as family after all the things he did..?

"You can't find yourself hating them because you love them. Even after all the things they've done to you; you just can't seem to find yourself to stop thinking about them. You always find yourself asking if they're doing fine, if they're eating well or if they're sleeping peacefully at night"

I smiled to myself as I'm just realizing the answer to my long unanswered question.

"No matter what you do you just can't stop loving them, you can't stop yourself from wanting their care again.... On the other hand, you can't seem to forget and forgive them for what they've done and that's what makes it worse..."

I looked back at him and smile a little more as he was listening to every word I was saying.
"Family is family... you will never hate them"

I didn't realize my own tears escaped from my eyes not after JungKook wiped it off..
"You seem to know the words I wanted to hear.." he pulled up a weak smile. "How come you know very well?"

I held his hand and brought it down to my lap. "I just know. Can you stop crying now?"

"Ahh! Don't remind me that I cried infront of you! I'm extremely embarrassed. I can't believe I cried like that with you! I'm still such a babyboy" he hid his face causing me to chuckle at his cute act.

He laughed too and looked at me "thank you"

Its a relief to see him smile and laugh after the drama earlier... "you're welcome"

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Still couldn't
Move on the

Love yourself:Tear
Concept photos

-Luna❣️