ᴅᴀʏ sɪx

"You're playing a dangerous game Taehyung."  

🌾🌾🌾

JIMIN groaned and splashed some water onto Taehyung.
"I still don't get your whole Summer Crush logic," he sighed, looking at his red haired friend. Taehyung shrugged as he continued to watch a certain instructor who was busy dipping his feet into the water.

"It's really simple Jimin. I crush on one dude..or gal which somehow always happens during summer camp. Once summer ends, whatever crush like feelings I have for them go away," said Taehyung.

"Do you forcefully harbor and let go of those feelings Tae?"

The red head thought for a moment as he let himself get carried away by the water. "I don't think I try to like them. But I do try to let go of those. You do know what happened to my mother right?"

Jimin nodded. "Come to think of it, this all started because of Bogum," the smaller one mentioned, not noticing how Taehyung tensed up. "Well I'm over him so let's stop talking about who I like," replied the latter.

"I know I always pester you about your love life but I don't think you should keep up with this Tae," Jimin eyed his friend warily. Taehyung smiled when he saw Jungkook wince when some of the kids splashed him with the cold water as well. "There's no harm."

"You're playing a dangerous game Taehyung."

"It's just a crush Jimin. Nothing more. Nothing less."

"You don't rely on the chances of falling in love, do you?"

"I don't."

-

Taehyung didn't mean to walk out on his best friend just because of his messed up self and commitment issues. The boy had his shoulders slumped once he sat down at the near end of the lake, away from the rest of the group.

"If only father didn't do shit like that...and if only I wasn't stupid three years ago," he mumbled, looking up to the azure sky. This camp was really something he held dear, even if he did some crazy shit.

Where he lived, laughing felt like a chore. How could he laugh when his mother and sister continuously struggle to maintain the top spot in the business world just for his sake? How could he be happy when those he called friends at home only stuck with him because he was rich?

Jimin and the rest couldn't be reached easily. And the thought of that made him really guilty for snapping at his true friend.

"That's right. I should apologize," said Taehyung, determined to clear the misunderstandings between him and Jimin. The red head stood up and huffed. He wasn't going to let a measly crush (was the instructor already his crush though? for real?) get in the way of their ten years of friendship.

"You know, you're cute when you talk to yourself." The boy let out a small squeak and turn to face the owner of the voice. "Jesus! You scared the hell out of me. How long have you been standing there Mr.Jeon?" Taehyung scolded as he ignored the forming blush on his cheeks.

"Didn't I tell you to call me hyung?" Jungkook wondered, ignoring the other's question.

"And didn't you just call me cute?" Taehyung giggled.

The instructor coughed and handed the younger a clean towel. Said boy tilted his head in confusion as if to say 'huh?'.

The smaller of the two gasped when felt the elder's calloused hands grazed his bare shoulders as the towel was wrapped around him.

"You'll catch a cold if you stay here any longer. Are you coming strawberry?" Jungkook smiled and outstretched his hand.

'He's so...'

His eyes trail from the outstretched hand until his roommate's charming face. "Strawberry?"

"Mhm. Let's get going," he said and took the elder's hand into his.

'Why do I feel like..he's different from the rest? But isn't it too early?'

ᴀ/ɴ

Taehyung is smaller than Jungkook by two inches uwu