ᴅᴀʏ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

"The past is now behind us yeah?"

🌾🌾🌾

TAEHYUNG watched intently as Namjoon announced the next performers on stage. The show has been going on for a good hour and in that span, he was able to see a Chanbaek duet, Jackson and Namjoon having a rap battle and BLACKPINK perform on stage.

The long awaited portion has arrived and he almost jumped at the mention of his lover's name (oh and best friend too). "Give it up for Jungkook and Jimin!!" yelled Seokjin who quickly exited the stage just before the lights went out.

"Holy freak Jungkook-oppa looks so good."

"I know right?! Ten out of ten would bang."

Taehyung snickered and scoffed at the words he could hear coming from his other camp mates.

'Sorry ladies but he likes my ass better than yours.'

His sarcastic train of thought was interrupted when he set his eyes on the stage as he heard the music play. Apparently, the two were performing Black Or White by Michael Jackson. Yes, he didn't have a single clue as to what they would be performing. He blames that on the duo's continuous protest about it being a surprise.

The sudden appearance of Jungkook made him yelp because goddamn, he looked fine. "Jeon Jungkook!" He screamed in glee and partially in frustration since the elder was so rude looking that godly.

His soon-to-be boyfriend began to dance to the beat, that high kick almost sending him to outer space (okay he promises he'll be serious now). Then he turned to his best friend who took place in the center. The red head has always been a fan of Jimin's passion. He could feel all the emotions being sent by the way they move.

(and yeah, in other words, he's being attacked)

Jimin and Jungkook danced in sync and with such great passion. For a moment, everyone was quiet as they were busy eyeing each and every single move of the duo. It was amazing, and yet no words could describe how proud he felt for the both of them.

"Thank you!" Jimin shouted into the mic then went off the stage with Jungkook. Taehyung whooped, yelled and cheered in so many different ways. By the time his eyes caught sight of the time, he cussed. He was going to be late to meet Bogum. He may still be wary of the boy but it doesn't mean that he'll stand him up.

He quickly excused himself through the sea of people, then jogged towards the meeting place.

There, Bogum paced back and forth, making Tae giggle at bit at the elder's nervousness. He stopped then coughed, catching the other's attention. "I thought you said you wouldn't be late?" Bogum dared to tease.

"I didn't say that. I said if you were late." Taehyung corrected as he puffed his cheeks out in embarrassment. The cool summer breeze blew his red hair in different directions and the elder thought he looked ethereal. Too late for that now, isn't it?

"So..." the younger started. "So... I'll start explaining now although its been long overdue. I hope you'll ask questions after I'm done talking," Bogum smiled shyly.

The student no longer said a word and let the older male continue.

"Remember my older brother and how he suddenly got sick and had to take lots of medications just to stabalize his health? He never really got better even before we met. Dad was having a hard time paying for all the expenses, including the meds and yet he still continued to send me to camp because it made me happy. Irene was my girlfriend back then. A real bad influence but I was too blind to see it. One day I mentioned you during a phone call with her. She recognized you because of your family business. She told me to befriend you and I could possibly get your sympathy and money as well," Bogum said as he avoided his gaze.

Taehyung felt a weird bubbly feeling in his stomach. It was as if something would go wrong. He shurgged, thinking that it was just because of what Bogum was currently confessing.

"I never intended to be in a relationship with you or to fall for you either. Yet you just shone brightly than the rest and my relationship with Irene was falling a part. I didn't know what came over me when I asked you out. Irene found out sooner or later then threatened me to end things with you or else she'll spread rumors. I couldn't let that happen. You're somehow known because of the family business and I didn't want to ruin that for you. Instead, the only way was to break your trust," the male looked down in shame, his fist clenched to his sides.

"T-the only way? Are you really- I mean..," Taehyung stuttered, clearly at lost. He couldn't take all this information at once. He's pretty much glad that Bogum liked him with the same intensity before but he wanted to scream at the said male for being so stupid and for using him.

"Fuck, I know it sounds bad and it is. I'm really sorry Taehyung-ah." Bogum bowed and all Taehyung do was sigh.

'Why is my life so complicated aijskdasd'

"Raise your head hyung," he mumbled, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "The past is behind us now. I'd just appreciate it if you wouldn't do such mistakes again."

As Bogum did what he was told, the sudden words that was never meant to leave his lips slipped. "Taehyung-ah, we've never really gotten our closure right?"

"Isn't this closure?" the red haired male chuckled nervously. "Would it be okay to kiss you?" The other asked slowly. "Please? Just one last time."

'What the hECK-'

Taehyung's eyes widen like saucers. Forgiving him was enough but actually kissing him? His stomach felt a dark pit forming, his heart was racing. Should he agree? What about Jungkook?

'But this was the proper closure you've always wanted...right?'

Eventually, the younger found himself pressing against those odd yet familiar lips. It was just a short peck, something to conclude all the heartaches they've gone through.

"The past is now behind us yeah?"

That didn't seem to look like it through Jungkook's eyes.

▶ᴀ/ɴ

HELLO LOVES!! I know it's been very long since I've updated properly and I hope you'll understand that I'm struggling with school (math specifically) and have little time to write the chapters. So hopefully, you've enjoyed this 1k + lengthy chapter.

Summer Camp has recently received lots of love and I'm very happy about that. Thank you all so much!! The notifications are kinda a lot so I don't have time to reply to each and every one but just know that I read them :))

Before one starts yelling at me because of the taegum thing, don't worry this is still taekook and I just needed to write that for more character development-ish.

See you around loves!!