ᴅᴀʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

▶ ᴀ/ɴ
Before the chapter starts, special thanks to Valleity for making a fanfic trailer (video in media) dedicated to this book. I love you uwu!!

And I still can't get over Singularity...my god ಥ_ಥ ❤

"C'mon Strawberry. Jump. I'll catch you."

🌾🌾🌾

THE INSTRUCTOR already knew that something was going on between the strawberry haired male and his best friend ever since he saw Taehyung talking to himself by the near end of the lake. He didn't hear much really. Just a few words along the lines of apologizing to someone.

Noticing the tension between the two yesterday after the activity, it was easy to connect the dots. Now going back to his business, Jungkook proceeded to help Hoseok and Jin in distributing the meals for breakfast.

"Jiminieee, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to get mad..." He heard as he passed by the small corner of the dining area, seeing Taehyung holding his friend's hands in earnest. A small smile crept onto his face seeing Taehyung pout.

No doubt, he was fond of the kid. It's only been a day since he met him but he thought that maybe the other always had this effect around people. Taehyung had this vibe that made everyone want to be around him.

After his task, he was now able to munch on his salad in peace.

"Yah kiddo. You'll come up with the activity for the afternoon mkay? Great," notified Yoongi. So much for having a peaceful meal.

-

Time passed by and it was time for the afternoon activity prepared by yours truly, Jeon Jungkook. However, the lad couldn't come up with anything good as an activity. He panicked and started to pace back and forth as Yoongi called upon the group.

"Hey! Sorry for the late notice but could you please handle Group A for awhile? Something came up with Namjoon so I have to check the office. Thanks guys!" Jin asked as a group of five to twelve year-olds followed behind him.

'Okay now I have an idea!'

After informing the older instructor about the situation and his plan, all were gathered by the fields as long tables and chairs with art materials on top were set up for everyone to sit on. "Go on Jungkook. Take over," yawned his superior as he slowly drifted off to dream land.

"Apparently Jin-hyung had to take over some stuff leaving us with these adorable munchkins," said Jungkook who eyed all the giggling children. "I know some of you may not be interested in teaching little kids how to draw but this is summer camp after all. So go pick a kid and have some time together," he finished.

He watched as the teens scrambled to the cute youngsters. "Hey! What's your name angel?" Jungkook turned his head towards Taehyung who was talking to little Hyunri. "My name is K-kwon Hyunri. What's your name Oppa?" she smiled.

'Weird. She didn't stutter when she met me..' Jungkook thought.

"I'm Kim Taehyung. You can call me Taetae-oppa okay?" The red head said and guided her towards the table shared with Jimin and the other kids.

"Do you know how to draw angel?" She shook her head.

"Then how about I show you how to draw simple things then you do it by yourself?" Taehyung suggested. The little girl nodded enthusiastically as she grabbed some crayons and paper.

-

Jungkook kept roaming around to see how their progress was. It was really entertaining to see how those silly teenagers act like real adults in front of the young ones.

"Jungkookie-oppa!" yelled Hyunri when she saw him approaching their table. "How are you munchkin? Oh and just call me Jungkookie if you want," he said and ruffled her hair. The instructor continued to chat with the kid, not noticing the red head's soft gaze.

"So what did you draw angel?" Taehyung asked, winking at Jungkook who blushed at the sudden movement.

"I drew Taetae-oppa!"

The picture consisted of stick figures, some of the colors were outside the lines, but one thing was for sure; it made Taehyung's heart leap.

"It's for you oppa," he smiled as she handed her the drawing.

" Oh no!" Hyunri turned to the piece of paper that flew away due to the strong wind. Taehyung cursed under his breath as he followed. Fortunately, it landed on the nearby tree.

"Taehyung-ah, are you sure you can reach that? It seems too far up even for a teen like you," wondered Jungkook who saw Taehyung climbing up. "Don't worry hyung. I've climbed trees when I was young," reassured the other.

Taehyung climbed and climbed until he reach the artwork. "Got it!" he yelled below as he heard the others cheer.

'Now time to go d-...down...fuck' Taehyung realized that he climbed to high up the tree and his fear of heights has arisen.

"Shit," he cussed whilst anxiety and adrenaline crept up his veins. His knees felt week and his vision was dizzy. "Taehyung are you okay?" he managed to see Jungkook who had his hands on his mouth to serve as a megaphone of some sort.

"H-hyung..I can't.."

"You can't what?"

"I-i...can't come do-down.."

The instructor had this worried look in his eyes. Hyunri turned to him and clutched onto the ends of his shirt. "What should we do oppa?" she whispered as she watched Taehyung take deep breaths.

"I need you to go to Yoongi-oppa okay and call for help. Can you do that?" She nodded.

Jungkook turned back his attention to Taehyung. "Taehyung I need you to jump for me," he yelled. "What?! Are you crazy?!" He saw the boy panic.

"You can do it Taehyung!"

Said boy shook his head. "I'll fall!"

"C'mon Strawberry. Jump. I'll catch you," Jungkook said one more time whilst outstretching his arms.

Taehyung doubted a little but closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

He jumped.