ᴅᴀʏ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

You're lying.

🌾🌾🌾

SHIVERS began to run down his spine. His jaw slacked as he tried to find the words to say. Taehyung thought that deja vu decided to visit him once again yet somehow, it was like reliving the same nightmare that continued to haunt him in his dreams.

"Fuck!" He yelled in frustration. "I-i'm sorry Taehyung. You have to go after him! Quick!" Bogum apologized and gave him a soft push that was enough to make him start running. He ran as fast as he could. Chest heaving, heart pounding, tears pooling.

You're going to lose him

Taehyung may be the best athlete next to Jungkook but why does it feel like he was miles and miles away?

He hates you

"Jungkook! Kookie-please hyung. Just listen to me," Taehyung pleaded. The red head clutched the door knob harder than he thought and opened the door too fast that he wondered if it broke.

To say that he was shocked was an understatement. He was astounded. In the middle of their bedroom was a pillow fort (something he had failed to do during his childhood) that had fairy lights around it. The next thing he noticed was one of his favorite lofi playlist playing in the background and the laptop which was all set for watching "Titanic" (a show he wanted to watch with someone he loves).

Amongst all the pretty things he's come to love over the years, the only thing he could notice was the male standing by the balcony. Jungkook's hair was messy, posture stiff and rigid. "H-hyung..." he called out softly.

I forgot about the date...

The moment the elder turned around, he knew he had been crying. His cheeks were swollen and eyes red. Taehyung gulped, not being a fan of seeing Jungkook cry. "Kookie, please listen. You have to understand. Bogum just wanted closure and I-fuck, it's not what it looks like," the red head rambled as he felt the other's deep stare bore into his figure.

"J-jungkook, say something, please. You're scaring me," he whimpered once he received no sign of a response. The said male looked at him with an expression he couldn't decipher. Confused, empty, betrayed.

Jungkook laughed, bitter and sarcastic, heartbroken even.

"Understand? Taehyung, how can I understand if I don't know what happened in the first place?!" he bit back a growl, not wanting to scare the younger any further.

"I know that you and Bogum have something in the past-that I understand but do I know anything further? No. You know that I don't like forcing you into telling me everything. Heck, you rarely talk about yourself!" The flowers Jungkook were holding started to deform, some of the petals falling just like what was happening to them.

"B-but you would've hated me if I told you..." his voice cracked as he explained. They were almost the same height but he has never felt so small compared to Jungkook.

Cracking, breaking, hurting.

"That's not the point Tae. I would've listened. Relationships don't work like this! You have to talk to me and I'll talk to you. Just-I...do you even trust me Taehyung?"

The said boy reached out for something he could hold onto (Jungkook wasn't an option right now). His lungs were constricting, he couldn't breathe. He felt like spinning and it was as if he would vomit anytime soon.

Strawberry. Call me Strawberry, please...

"I was supposed to take you out on a date Taehyung. We'd eat your favorite food then dance to the music. You'd probably step on my feet like you always do and I'd laugh it off. I'd cuddle with you and tell you how beautiful you are, how your eyes seem to shine brighter than the sun and stars. I would've kissed you and you'd be my boyfriend," Jungkook went on, letting his tears fall and voice crack. He was so tired.

"Juh-jungkook..." Taehyung sobbed as he bit his lips harder, the physical pain feeling better than the one he felt inside.

"But I guess things don't always go my way right? I come looking for you because Jimin couldn't and I saw my date kissing someone who isn't me!"

"I'm scared okay?! Every single person that I love has left my side all because of me. My family is hurting because of me. Bogum cheated because of me. I'm hurting because of me. I couldn't bear to hurt you Kookie...I didn't know how to tell you. Everyone hated me and blamed me when I told them...shit-I'm just so sorry."

The music has stopped playing. No one said a word. It was too quiet.

Taehyung had never realized how much keeping quiet affected Jungkook. He couldn't see his hurt, thinking only about what will happen to himself in the end. He couldn't look at him in the eye, his hands clutching on his shirt as he tried to get a hold of reality.

This is your reality

"I don't think we could work out Taehyung." That alone made him snap his head to the instructor's direction, making sure that he heard wrong. "N-no Kookie. Please-you can't...no..." he sobbed louder, this time gripping onto the male's biceps.

"Tae, let me go-I have be alone," Jungkook sighed, gripping his wrist and refraining the younger for stopping him. Taehyung tightened his grip, moving his hands from his biceps to his waist. "S-strawberry, let me go yeah? We'll talk about this later. I- we need some time to think," Jungkook cracked, because as much as it hurts, Taehyung's loud sobs were far worse.

"P-please don't hate me. I don't want you to huh-hate me." That alone was enough for the elder to cup his cheek and peck his lips. "I don't hate you Tae. W-we just need time. You can't expect me to take all of this in one go. It'll be fine, we'll be fine. Please, let me go for tonight," he smiled slightly, hating how he was so unsure about what he's just said.

Everything will be just fine.

He loosened his grip, letting his hands fall to his side.

Everything will be just fine.

Slowly, Jungkook walked towards the door, Taehyung's heart going with him and he didn't look back.

Everything will be just fine.

You're lying.