ᴅᴀʏ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ

His heartache was somewhat bearable, he just didn't want to rub salt into the wound.

🌾🌾🌾

HOSEOK still remembered when he bumped into a crying Jimin not so long ago. His cheeks were puffy along with his doe like eyes. Why was such a sweet boy like him crying? So he did the only things he could do, whip him some warm milk and lend him his shoulder. Jimin didn't speak much, probably too tired to do so.

That is why he decided to confront the boy today. He didn't want to appear as nosy yet he really wanted to know what was going on, maybe he could help a little since it was no doubt that he had this soft side for the male.

“Ah Jiminieeeee~!” he beamed once a blob of pink came to view. The said male froze but then gave him a tight smile that wouldn't go unnoticed. “Do you want to talk buddy?”

Jimin would be lying if he said that he wasn't trying to avoid Hoseok and Yoongiㅡespecially Yoongi. His heartache was somewhat bearable, he just didn't want to rub salt into the wound. Jimin was the type who'd probably confess although the person was already in a relationship. “Better have no regrets” was something he'd usually say.

But Yoongi wasn't just with anyone. He was with Jung Hoseok. That just made things harder. Hoseok was someone you could never hurt. He doesn't deserve to be hurt. Hence, he would just let it go. Jimin wouldn't want to come in between their healthy relationship.

Yet here he was, by the famous J-hope lake, talking to the person who was shining brigther than the sun.

“S-so hyung, why did you approach me all of the sudden?” he started shyly. “A-ah well, I just wanted to ask if you were okay. You never really told me that you were that day,” Hoseok replied. Oh, that day. The day wherein he felt his heart break for one reason then crush those already broken pieces for another reason.

'But Hoseok-hyung just seems so..'

“Hobi-hyung, what would you do if you like this person and yet that person was in a relationship that makes you think th-that they look so good together,” Jimin asked suddenly. Just as his thoughts, the instructor seemed so easy to talk too like you could spill almost everything and won't worry if you'll get judged or not.

'Maybe that's why Yoongi-hyung likes him' a small voice in the back of his head hissed.

Hoseok looked stunned at first but then cleared his throat as he thought of what to say. “I've been in those situations before Jimin. You know what I did? I gave up easily. Looking back then, I realized that it would've been easier to tell them what I felt rather than faking a smile while thinking what we could've been. No regrets right? It may hurt, but hurt makes you learn things along the way. That's what I would do anyway. Then again, what would you do Jimin?”

Hoseok's eyes bore into him for a long time, waiting for his answer. The question hit him harder than he thought. What would he do?

“Well?”

“I'll tell him hyung. Maybe not now but soon,” Jimin smiledㅡthat cute smile of his that reached his eyes (it made Hoseok's heart race but he didn't pay attention to it). He'll find a way to convey his feelings.

“Thanks hyung! You're the best!”

“Now go my Jiminie Cricket, be free!”

On the way back he crossed paths with a certain blonde male. Why was he bumping into all the people he wanted to avoid today?

“Yah Jiminㅡ”

“Oh hi Yoongi-hyung! Sorry but I really need to go to practice with Jungkook. Have a nice day!” he beamed truthfully and patted Yoongi on the shoulder. “Oof,” the instructor muttered in shock as a blush began to form on his cheeks.

“Y-yeah...alright then.”

' Park Jimin you can do this! Taehyung didn't raise a weakling!'

▶ ᴀ/ɴ
Updating when its 3:00 am bc why not?