On The Run

Lilli held the rock in her palm for Jake to take. Jake grabbed it and held next to the others. As he examined them they began to glow brightly and vibrate violently. Suddenly they shot into the air and as all four of them looked up they separated and each one floated toward each of the four friends.

As it drew closer to Jake he grabbed the rock and as soon as it touched his palm a scorching pain struck him. Jake held his hand and cried out in pain.

Lilli grabbed the one above her yet it didn't burn her. Jax grabbed his and as did Hannah. They both were burned. As the three looked at the marks on their hands Lilli spoke up.

"I think those rocks gave us marks for our element." She spoke rubbing her hand over her fore arm. Jake walked over and saw the symbol for fire etched into her arm. Suddenly Jake felt a scratching on his back and lifted up his shirt. As he ran his fingers over the scratch he felt the indentions of the mark over his right shoulder.

Jax had one on his palm and Hannah had hers on her leg.

"So, now what do we do?" Jake asked.

"I mean, we're basically super heroes. So I guess, whatever we want." Hannah laughed.

"No, that's the thing, if we plan on being heroes we need to act like heroes. Not just play the part." Lilli retorted.

"Well, I don't think I asked for your opinion." Hannah snapped back.

"Alright that's enough." Jake cut in.

"No one cares what you think." Lilli said as she faced Hannah. Hannah started towards Lilli and as did Lilli. Suddenly the wind picked up and Lilli's hands began to glow a bright orange.

As Lilli raised her hand fire erupted from her palm. Jake reacted in a split second and put his palm to the ground. A pillar of rock shot up wards and deflected the flames.

As Jake got back up Jax was holding Hannah back and Jake grabbed Lilli and pulled her back.

"What has gotten into you two?" Jake demanded. Lilli jerked free from Jake and stormed off to the truck. Hannah got into the Camaro and slammed the door.

Jake and Jax were the only ones left standing there.

"Let's keep heading north until it gets dark and then we'll stop for food and hopefully the girls have calmed down by then." Jake spoke. Jax nodded and headed to the Camaro. Jake got in the truck and slammed his door.

"What the hell was that!?" He yelled.

"I don't know, it was just some sudden surge of energy." Lilli defended.

Jake sighed in anger and started the truck. It roared to life and soon they were on the road. As they drove Jake glanced to Lilli who had fallen asleep. He gave a slight smirk and focused back on the road. Soon the sun had fallen behind the earth and Jake's phone rang again. It was Jax, Jake picked it up and spoke.

"Yeah?" He asked groggily.

"There's a motel up ahead, want to stop their for the night?" Jax asked quietly.

"Yeah, I think we're all to tired to eat." Jake chuckled. As they turned in Jake grabbed his wallet from the glove compartment and slowly stopped the truck. As he got out he noticed Lilli hadn't moved. He soon heard a slight snore. He slightly chuckled and walked over to her side of the truck and opened her door. He unhooked her seatbelt and picked her up and carried her towards Jax and Hannah, who was swaying slightly.

"What's up with Hannah?" Jake asked.

"She is currently fighting back the urge to pass out, what about her?" Jax spoke with a slur.

"She couldn't resist to fall asleep."

"Anyway, I'm going to pay for the rooms with your cash since I have none." Jax responded.

Jake handed him his wallet and Jax walked into a small room. Soon Jax returned with two cards and Jake's wallet.

"There wasn't anyone in there so I just grabbed two keys to paired rooms. So, What are we going to do about the sleeping arrangement?" Jax asked as he shook Hannah to wake her up.

"Well, I was thinking since the girls didn't leave on best terms, you stay with Hannah and I stay with Lilli." Jake spoke calmly.

"Seriously?" Jax laughed.

"Well Jax, I'm not sharing a room with you." Jake snapped back and slid a card in the handle to a door.

As he entered the room, he flicked the light on with his finger and placed Lilli on the bed. As he let go of her she slightly opened her eyes.

"Well, look who it is." He chuckled.

"Where are we?" She asked with a groan.

"Some motel in north Texas." Jake answered as he sat on the end of the bed.

"So we really are leaving it all behind?" Lilli mumbled.

"Yeah, everything we knew is gone. So now we need to learn the ways of this new world before it kills us." Jake went on. Lilli sat up and hugged Jake. Stunned, Jake hugged her back.

"Thank you." She said quietly.

"For what Beaver?" Jake replied.

"You got me out of that terrible war zone and took care of me." Lilli retorted.

"No problem, it's what I'm here for." Jake grinned. Lilli pulled away and looked Jake in the eyes and smiled.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked.

"Nothing, just thinking about the outcome of what I'm about to do." Lilli chuckled. Before Jake could respond Lilli kissed him. As she pulled away Jake stood up quickly and cleared his throat.

"Well, that was an experience." Jake managed to get out.

"Yeah, and that is the exact way I thought you would react." Lilli smiled.

"Well, I'm going to go get some air and I'll be back in a bit." Jake said as he opened the door and walked out with excitement in his heart and hope in his soul.