Hevans Hell

He felt his body being jerked around, and lifted, then laid down. He slowly opened his eyes expecting to see a familiar bright white light in his face. However, he saw a dim, yellow light.

He moved his arm as it creaked to life. He looked around and saw no one. Jake sat up and groaned as a tightening pain hit his stomach.

"What the fuck is going on?" Jake asked in a mumble.

He drug his legs across the bed and placed them on the ground. He was surprised he was still in his clothes and not a gown.

He stumbled out of the room and into a brightly lit hallway. As he limped he passed closed doors and an elevator room. Suddenly two people walked into the hall.

A man and a woman, the man is wearing a Santa hat and has the smell of whiskey on his breath.

The two instantly notice Jake stumbling and watch in disgust as he walks by. Jake found himself at the top of a staircase and rolled his eyes.

"I'm getting down one way or another." He chuckled.

He placed his foot on the step before instantly losing his balance from a splitting pain in his knee and tumbling down the stairs.

As he smacked the bottom he heard Ellie's voice.

"Jake! What are you doing down here!?" She snapped as she helped him up.

"I figured I'd throw myself down the stairs to see if I could get one or two more bruises." He groaned.

"Looks like you but off more then you could chew." Anthony laughed.

Jake looked up to see his old friend standing with Mark, Jack and Abbie.

"Hey." Jake spoke with shock in his voice.

Abbie ran and hugged him. He felt his bandages tug against his skin and his back ached against the push of Abbie's force. Heat suddenly rushed to his face as he weakly put his arms around her.

"You're a dumb ass for going off on your own." Abbie mumbled as she pulled away.

Jake let go, wanting to keep his arms around her, he felt something for her, only a type of feeling he had for only one before. One who had been taken from him.

The tension was broken as a bell rang from being hit by a door. Jake looked back to see a tall, short haired man wearing a white hoodie with black jeans standing at the door with a pair of keys in his hand.

"I managed to find a spot Abbie, its just a few blocks away." He spoke as he eyed Jake.

"Who's this?" The man asked as he walked towards Abbie.

"It's Jake Waver, the guy who took down Thatcher." Jack snapped.

"You know, they guy Mark and I told you about on the way here." He finished.

"Jake, this is Kyle, my boyfriend." Abbie introduced.

Jake felt his stomach turn into knots. He was starting to feel his heart begin to pound, rage filled his chest.

Suddenly, a splintering pain blinded Jake and sent him to his knee.

"Jake!" Ellie shouted as she knelt down beside him to help him up.

"I'm good, guess, I've been standing to long. Ellie, could you help me back to the room?" Jake asked, anger still flowing through him.

Ellie agreed and helped him up the stairs.

"I can't believe she got a boyfriend." Jake admitted.

"I mean, she seems like a nice girl. Is she your type though?" Ellie asked.