The feeling's mutual

As the other four came back to the truck Jake let go of Lilli and stood beside her.

"Jake, that was spectacular!" Jay yelled.

"Really? So how could that have happened..? Oh I know, Anthony over here hit me in the face with a bolt of lightning." Jake said defensively.

"What? That's ridiculous." Anthony fought back.

"Oh yeah? Than how come I have a cut across my cheek and I could have only gotten that form if I was pissed off by something. I hate you, so how pissed would I be if you attacked me?" Jake argued. Anthony stepped forward and looked Jake in the eyes.

"Well maybe you weren't fast enough. Maybe you should check your ego at the door before you make ridiculous claims." Anthony spat. Something in Jake snapped. He tackled Anthony and rocks formed over Jake's right arm and he hit Anthony in the chest.

Anthony grabbed Jake by the jacket and ripped him off. Jake slid on his feet and immediately started towards Anthony. As Jake ran a beam of yellow light knocked Jake to the ground. As he got to his knees Jay yanked him up and got in his face.

"What are doing!?" He demanded.

"I'm making a point." Jake mumbled. Jay tossed him in the truck and everyone else climbed in. Jake put bandages on the cut across his check and pushed his finger back into its socket.

Jake looked at Lilli and gave a slight smile. Lilli gave a faint grin and looked away. Jake than glanced towards Jax and Hannah. They were talking quietly and every now and than they would glance at him and at Anthony who was staring out the window. Jake took a deep breath and got up. He grabbed the handle bar that ran above the seats and shuffled next to Anthony and sat down.

"Alright Anthony, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry for acting like a dick. I hope you can forgive me." Jake mumbled. Anthony glance at him and smirked.

"Good to meet you Jake, I hope we can get to know each other a little better." Anthony said confidently. Jake held out his hand and Anthony grabbed it and shook it. Jake felt his heart lighten and gave a faint grin. He than got up and shuffled to Lilli who looked bewildered.

"Well, How is that for being the bigger man?" He laughed.

"I must admit, I'm glad you found it in yourself to ask for forgiveness." Lilli smiled. Jake grabbed her hand and leaned back against the seat. As they went down the road Jake glanced out the window and watched as the trees went by. Lilli leaned on him and closed her eyes as Jake wrapped his arm around her shoulders and grabbed her hand. Jake suddenly felt a wave of drowsiness rush over him. He closed his eyes and soon he had fallen asleep.

Suddenly Jake was forced awake by the truck suddenly shaking. Jake opened his eyes as Lilli sat up and looked around. Jake got to his feet and as he ran to the front door towards the driver the truck tipped violently. Jake slammed against the wall and Lilli fell on top of him. Jax fell beside them and Hannah landed upside down. Anthony managed to catch the top of the seat and hold himself in place. As the truck came to a stop Jake felt his wrist begin to ache. He looked down at Lilli and pushed the hair out of her face.

"Are you okay?" He asked with a grunt.

Lilli nodded and as Jake helped her get over the seat the tuck lurched. Jake lost his grip on Lilli's arm and smacked his head on the wall.

Suddenly Jake gasped for air as he sat up. He glanced around to see the truck completely empty but voices came from outside. As Jake got up he felt a stabbing pain in his head. He slowly climbed out of the back of the truck and squinted as his eyes met the sun. Jake instantly saw what was going on. A tall man stood over Jax, Lilli and Hannah and Anthony was being held back by two soldiers whilst Jay was knocked out on the ground. Jake hid behind the truck as the man yelled.

"I am giving you one more chance Electrode! Where are the codes!?"

"I won't tell you!" Anthony yelled.

"Than I suppose you should say goodbye to your friends." The man yelled back. Jake couldn't let that happen. He had to do something. Jake suddenly took action. He ran from behind the truck and stomped his foot.

Spiked rocks erupted from the ground and went threw the guards and Anthony broke free. The man dropped Hannah and raced towards Anthony and Jake.

Jake held his hand to the ground as rocks formed over his other arm. As he yanked the sword up Anthony shot a bolt of lightning at the man. The man took the bolt to the shoulder and instantly fired a beam of dark energy towards Anthony. Anthony took the hit to the chest and hit the ground.

Now Jake was alone with a rather deadly man.

"Well, well, I see Jay has persuaded another group of teenagers. The man said as he lifted Lilli up by the jacket and looked her in the eyes and ran his hand on her cheek.

"Don't touch her.." Jake demanded.

"Or what? Will you kill me?" The man laughed.

"I'll make sure of it." Jake snarled. Suddenly Jake held out his hand to the man and a sharp rock erupted from the ground and shot towards the man. The man slid out of the way and shot out a massive black beam of energy. It struck Jake in the chest and he was shoved into a tree. Jake felt his back crumple against the tree and the tree cracked. Jake groaned as he slowly slid downwards. Jake could only watch as the man grabbed Lilli along with Jax and Hannah.

"N..no." Jake mumbled as he threw himself onto his side and looked at Anthony. He wasn't moving at all. Jake slowly pulled himself up and got his feet under himself. He felt his body shake violently under him as blood ran from his mouth.

"I'm not letting you get away." Jake groaned.

"I want you to try and stop me." The man laughed. Jake fixed his heel in the dirt and held his hand out. The ground began to shake as rocks and twigs began to float. Jake felt his feet lift from the ground and his eyes began to glow a bright silver.

The man dropped Lilli and his eyes turned black. He held out his hand and a massive blade came from nowhere. Jake then flew forwards. The man raced at him and the clashed in the middle. Jake's armored arm scraped against the blade and the man looked Jake in the eyes.

"I see you have learned much of your powers." He mumbled.

"I only know what I need and learn what I must. And by now, I know you will try to kill us. So I am going to learn how to kill you." Jake snapped back. The man raised his other hand and grabbed Jake's other arm. He pulled it and Jake lost focus on his armored arm. Suddenly the man raised his sword and sliced threw something. Jake felt a terrible pain in his right shoulder as the blade swiped. Jake cried out as the man pulled Jake up by the neck and held his blade to Jake's side. The pain in Jake's shoulder only grew as time went on.

"They say that the worst pain is loss. But I think the worst pain is having your ribs broken. Maybe you could tell me which is worse." Suddenly the man smashed the hilt of the sword into Jake's ribs and a crunching sound echoed. Jake yelled as he fell to the ground. He yanked his left arm as the blade swooped back down. The blade skidded on the rock and Jake had to use all his strength to hold it back. Suddenly a beam of bright light smacked the man in the back and went threw his chest. The man fell backwards and his sword disappeared. Jake let his arm fall and his head.

Suddenly Jake felt extremely weak. As if he was loosing energy by the second. His ribs and shoulder ached terribly. Somehow he couldn't feel his right arm. But before he could check it he passed out.