Old Dogs, New Tricks

Jake limped quickly towards Lilli, hugged her and lifted her into the air. He spun her around and kissed her. As Lilli reunited with Anthony Jake saw Hannah and his heart instantly went back to Jax.

"Hey! Did you find Jax?" Hannah asked as she hugged Jake. Before Jake could respond Lust raced around the corner.

"I'll explain later, run!" Jake yelled as he pulled Hannah away. Anthony led the way as Jake limped behind Hannah and Lilli.

Suddenly Lust yanked Jake by his coat and he hit the ground. Before he could call out Lust knocked him out.

Jake slowly opened his eyes and winced as the bright sun hurt his eye. Once he regained his vision Jake saw Anthony, Lilli, and Hannah all in front of him and being held at gunpoint. Jake tried to move as a chain on his arms tightened. He looked up as Lust hit him with a sharp dagger. He hit the ground and grunted as the metal cut his cheek.

Lust forced him back to his knees and forced his head down.

"Now than, I would like to point out the elephant of the room." Lust announced.

"Waver has clearly broken his God like potential and has lost sight in his left eye." Lust finished. Hannah stirred uncomfortably in place as she glared at Jake.

"Now than, we have one person missing don't we?" Lust laughed.

"Not only has Jay died. But the only other person from your team is dead! Due to the lack of protection from Waver himself!" She boomed. Jake felt his stomach turn as Hannah lost all color in her face.

"Jake? Is she telling the truth?" Hannah asked as her voice cracked. Jake didn't answer and Hannah let out a groan. Suddenly a massive gust of wind hit the group and knocked Lust off her feet and Jake into his side. Lilli broke her cuffs and fire blazed violently around Lust. Anthony destroyed the guards and helped the others up. Jake managed to rip his robotic arm from the chain and untied his other arm. As he got up Hannah pushed him down and kicked him in the chest.

Jake got up and held her arms as she tried to hit him.

"It's all your fault! You killed him!" She screamed as she cried. Jake pulled her into a hug and let her scream. Soon she began to sob and stopped hitting him. Jake held her in his arms as Lilli was comforted by Anthony.

As time went on Hannah pulled away from Jake and stormed off.

"So, what now?" Jake asked as he cleared his throat.

"First, I need to know how you got so much bigger and how you grew a beard in a few days." Lilli spoke looking at Jake.

"Well, Lust was right about that. I've unlocked my God potential and now this is what I look like. I have also unlocked a second power, which is telekinesis." Jake finished.

"So, was she right about Jax?" Lilli mumbled.

"...Yeah... Jax died because I was careless and didn't think." Jake stuttered as he wiped his eyes. Lilli hugged him and he hugged back. Anthony managed to get Hannah back to the group and as Jake and Lilli got into his car Anthony helped Hannah into his.

"So, we need to meet up back at the base and come up with a plan." Jake ordered. Anthony nodded and soon they sped onto the road.

"So, what happened to your eye?" Lilli asked as she gazed out the window.

"I was fighting a pretty big guy and when he threw me against a wall my already damaged robotic arm flared and some sparks seared the nerves." Jake mumbled as he tightened his grip on the wheel.

"Why did you do that?" Lilli mumbled.

"I did it because I was willing to give anything to find you." Jake smirked slightly.

"How long have you liked me?" Lilli asked through her grin.

"Is this the time to be asking that? We're in the middle of a war." Jake chuckled.

"Come on, please?" Lilli begged.

"Fine, Beaver I've liked you since we were in the ninth grade. Even when you pushed me away, I liked you. I liked you than, but now, now I love you Beaver. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Jake spoke as he stared at the road.

"You... love me?" Lilli asked in a high pitches voice.

"Yeah, I love you Beaver, it's only now that I'm realizing that." Jake smiled. Lilli beamed back at him and she grabbed his metal hand. Jake glanced at her and suddenly an explosion went off. Jake let go of her hand and looked forward. Anthony's car had flipped due to a rocket hitting directly in front of it. Jake pulled the wheel to the side and the car veered into the dirt. As the car skidded Jake used his powers to create a small ramp to stop the car. When the car stopped Jake told Lilli to stay in the car and ran to Anthony's.

As he ran he held out his arm and the car slowly rolled on to its wheels. Jake grabbed the door and ripped it away. He grabbed Hannah and put her next to the road. He than raced to Anthony's side. As he gripped the door his arm surged. Sparks shot up and Jake had to back off to avoid them. He gripped the door again and as he pulled his arm gave a loud groan and the hand gave a creak as it snapped off and fell to the ground. Jake gasped as he looked at his arm as it surged and sparked violently. He held up his other hand and the door suddenly snapped away. Jake grabbed Anthony with his one hand and drug him to Hannah where Lilli was helping Hannah.

As Jake placed Anthony down he got to his feet and looked towards the flames. A figure was making their way towards him. Jake felt the color drain from his face. He picked up Anthony and looked at Lilli.

"We need to get out of here. William isn't far off." Jake ordered. Lilli helped Hannah up and they all got into the car. Jake slammed the gas and soon they were bolting down the road, away from the base. As Jake glanced in the rear view mirror, William was flying towards them and clearly catching up. Jake thought for a moment the turned to Lilli.

"Alright, I need you to trust me on this and don't interrupt me. William is catching up and none of y'all are in the right condition to fight. Granted I only have one hand and last time I fought William he nearly killed me. But as soon as I get out of the car, I need you to jump over the middle and floor it out of here. Okay?" Jake ordered as he slammed on the breaks. Lilli looked at him and kissed him.

"Be careful and come back in one piece." Lilli demanded. Jake nodded and got out of the car.

Soon the car sped away and William was directly in front of Jake. Jake gulped loudly.

"How brave, sending your friends away so they have a chance. How sweet." William laughed. Before Jake could react William hit him in the chest and sent him flying to the ground. Before Jake could get up William kicked him in the ribs. Jake rolled into a few trees and slid to a stop. As he wiped blood from his face and mouth William yanked him up by his collar. William forced him to the tree and held him in place.

"Now you won't stand in my way anymore Waver! I will make sure your friends die slow alone side you! For my plan will destroy the world and clean this universe of sin!" William boomed.

"Is that why you hired the deadly seven? So we would destroy them?" Jake mumbled as blood ran out of his mouth.

"Exactly! Now that they are gone my nuke will destroy the rest." William finished. Jake felt his heart stop and a shockwave knocked him down. Jake landed on his feet and immediately took flight. As he raced threw the sky William grabbed his leg and pulled him back. Jake smashed into the asphalt and tumbled violently as the asphalt tore at his skin and jacket. Suddenly William grabbed Jake by the back of his collar and drug him as if he were a toy.

Jake waited for something to pop into his mind and something did finally. He placed his hand on the ground as he was being dragged and focused all his energy. Without warning a pillar of stone erupted from the ground and trapped Williams foot. Jake broke away from Williams grasp and slowly flew off. As he went in and out of focus he began to fly faster. Soon he saw his car not far in front of him.

Jake landed suddenly and almost fell. Jake managed to catch himself and started to limp towards the car. As he drew closer Lilli burst out of the car and ran towards him. Jake tried to move faster but suddenly he started to see large black spots in his eyes and before he knew it he was on the ground. As his vision started to fade he saw Lilli kneel down beside him and grab his shoulders.