Bloody Knife

Jake and Ellie quickly caught up to Abby and could sense the disbelief from Abby.

"Uh... what's that!?" Ellie asked, quickly turning her head back.

Jake glanced into the rear view mirror and saw a white sports car quickly catching up.

Abby glanced back just as Jake did and began to slow down.

"What's she doing!?" Jake snapped.

"They're both stopping." Ellie spoke up.

Jake hit the breaks and the car skidded to a halt. He quickly got out of the car and started towards Abby and the car.

"Jake, stay back." Abby commanded.

"Who is that!?" Jake repeated.

There was silence.

"Abby! Answer him." Ellie yelled, now standing beside Jake.

"It's not important, keep going to Austin. I'll catch up." Abby spoke in a pleading tone.

Jake ignored her and started towards the car. As he approached a woman in a white suit stepped out and drew a pistol.

Jake stopped just as a shot rang out. He felt something go right through his stomach. He dropped to his knees instantly and fell onto his back.

"Jake!" Ellie shrieked.

"Get in the car!" The woman shouted at Abby.

"You're not going anywhere." Ellie snapped.

The woman gave an irritated groan and held her gun up again and another shot rang out. This time it hit a something before it hit its original target.

It was the metal arm of Jake. He stood the rest of the way up with his eyes glowing red.

"Healing ability bitch!" Jake laughed as he started towards the woman.

Jake saw Abby sitting in the car as the woman put three more bullets in him. He dropped again as Ellie started to run at the woman.

The woman sat back in the car and the woman then held the gun out of the window and shot out a tire to the Impala.

"That lying whore!" Jake sputtered as his chest slowly began to heal.

He jumped up and felt his eyes burn with power. His hand began to glow red and he slowly began to hover in the air.

"What are you doing?" Ellie asked, in complete shock of Jake's sudden burst of power.

"I'm gonna show Abby why she chose wrong." Jake mumbled.

Ellie started to grab at his shirt when he rocketed down the road.

The wind ripped through his flowing shirt and hair. He quickly saw the car and landed on the roof. The car gave a sudden swerve and his body swung out.

He repositioned himself and hit the roof with as much force as he could muster.

The road beneath the wheels of the car ripped open and the car scrapped harshly against the pavement.

Jake slid off of the top of the car and rolled onto the asphalt in front of the car. He got up quickly as Abby broke through the door and started to run.

He felt the anger in his chest grow stronger as he trotted after Abby. He held out his hand and a decent sized rock hit his palm. He stopped and without even second guessing himself he chunked it and it hit Abby in the middle of her back which sent her to the ground with a thud.

Jake grabbed her arm and turned her onto her back.

"You're just gonna throw it all away huh?"Jake snapped as he ripped a satchel off of her shoulder and with his other he pulled the bag apart.

"Don't, you haven't even been here with us." Abby argued.

"Haven't been here!? I've been fighting for my fucking life out there! I just happen to decide to come back for this shit!" Jake shouted. "If I hadn't, who knows, maybe you would've killed all the others!" He went on.

Abby said nothing but reached for a black sack that had fallen from the bag. Jake latched his metal hand to her forearm and pinned it to the ground, just inches from the baggy.

"You lost an arm, how are you still hell bent on helping these people?" Abby asked, squirming.

"These people!? These people were your friends! Your family Abby! You grew up with them! Now you're just gonna throw it all away? Just for some cash!?" Jake snapped.

He grabbed the baggy and opened it with his free hand. He pulled out a folded piece of paper. Jake snapped his fingers and rocks rolled onto her arm and pinned it in place.

Jake unfolded the paper and scanned over it. He felt his heart stop. He crumpled the paper and tossed it away.

"A hit list... you've been killing people, for Thatcher!?" He screamed.

He raised his metallic limb and as it gleamed in the sun he forced it down wards and drove it towards Abby's face.

He was caught off guard when he felt it stop before it met its target.

"It's funny, you never know who really uses their powers to their full potential." She mocked.

Suddenly Jake saw his metal hand hit him in the nose. He stumbled backwards and grabbed his face and rolled over. Abby ripped her arm from the rocks and stood up just as Jake did.

Blood oozed down his face and onto his shirt. His arm glitched as sparks flew in all directions.

"Strength? Alright, let's see how fast you are." Jake mumbled as he held his broken arm at the shoulder and ripped it off, leaving a small port.

Abby looked on in confusion as Jake held it to the sky and a low rumbled began to become more clear. Abby started towards Jake with an evil gleam in her eye.

Suddenly a silver gleam hit the port and instantly turned into an arm just as Abby hit Jake in the chest with a extremely fast reaction.

Jake flew through the air and slammed into the side of the car. He pulled himself away from the car and grabbed a shard of glass.

As Abby walked closer he climbed to his feet and swung the shard at her. It dragged across her face. It cut from the far side of her cheek to the top of her forehead.

Abby grabbed her wound and stepped backwards. Jake then stomped forward and drove his shoulder into her stomach. She hit the ground and groaned.

With his strength weakened from the recent throwing into the car, he fell to his knees at her side and put his arm over her stomach, as if to pin her.

She opened her eyes, one a deep brown and the other completely red with blood.

The wind tossed their hair around as if it were a child playing with a toy.

"You know, way back when, I always wanted to have you on top of me, but not in this way." Abby chuckled and suddenly grabbed Jake's shirt and pulled him into a kiss.

Caught off guard Jake didn't know what to do. Abruptly, Jake cried out as a large metal point was driven right under his rib cage. He felt the breath leave his body. Jake fell on top of Abby and breathed lightly.

She tossed him off and stood up. Jake grabbed the weapon and pulled at it. He gave a slight shriek and let go. Without saying a word, Abby walked away.

"Abby!" Jake shouted. "You coward!" He screamed as he crawled slowly towards her. Blood rushing from his face and oozing from his stomach.

He fell onto his back and felt his eyes grow heavy. When the roar of an engine made his jerk.

Through his foggy vision he saw Ellie and two others over him.

Instantly darkness took over.