Memoirs

The three managed to get into normal clothes and started walking towards the docks.

"So, when we get there they will most likely have security. We need to either sneak past or make our entrance known. I prefer the sneaking. But I'm open to suggestions." Jake mumbled as his sunglasses slid slightly down his nose.

"Yeah, let's sneak." Lilli spoke as she repositioned her hat. Anthony nodded along and managed to reposition his hoodie. As they made their way Jake noticed a black van pulling onto a side street.

"Look, let's follow the van until it stops than we'll confront the driver." Jake ordered. The three slowly started to walk towards the side street as a car sped past them. Jake stepped back in fear of being hit and stamped his foot. A crack suddenly formed below his foot and raced towards the car. The ground opened up quickly and the cars entire back half became stuck.

"Shit!" Jake yelled as he felt his heart skip.

"Do something Jake, you caused it." Lilli ordered. Jake ran towards the car and stared in awe as he looked down into the gash and saw a radiating orange light glowing brightly.

"Hey, come here!" Jake shouted as he grabbed the front of the car and began to pull it. Anthony and Lilli made their way towards Jake as the car gave a sudden jerk towards the pit. Anthony grabbed a wheel and Lilli grabbed another. Jake pulled as hard as he could on the bumper when the car wouldn't budge.

"I'm going to the back of the car, get the people out and then I'll let the car fall." Jake ordered. Before Lilli could say no Jake flew around to the back and flew into the hole in order to hold the car up. Jake heard the doors open and saw people climbing out. Suddenly the ground moved again and someone lost their footing.

Jake watched as someone fell past him. Jake glanced up to hear screams and he shot downwards towards the person. He heard her scream as she drew closer to certain death. Jake reached out as his hand met her and he pulled her into his arms at last second and rolled onto his back to avoid dragging her through lava. As he straightened back out the car crashed into the lava and began to sink. He glanced down at the woman who buried her head in his chest.

"It's okay, you're safe." Jake assured her as he flew back up. As he broke the threshold he felt cool air hit his face. He carefully placed her on her feet and straightened out as she ran to her family.

"Nice job." Lilli spoke as she punched his shoulder.

"Yeah, well I did what y'all would've done. I was just doing what we do best. Besides, this was my fault."Jake mumbled as he wiped ash from his face.

"That's not true, you panicked and your powers got away from you." Lilli defended.

"Oh please, if I had just looked I wouldn't have stamped my foot and I wouldn't have nearly killed those people." Jake fought back. Before Lilli could argue Jake walked off.

"Jake, don't walk away from me!" She shouted as she grabbed him and flung him around. Jake was caught off guard and nearly fell over.

"You can't deny that was my fault Lilli! I was careless." Jake went on.

"Lets just take a break than we can focus on the mission at hand." Jake pleaded. Lilli sighed and agreed. Anthony managed to get them both to apologize to each other and soon they found a park bench. Jake was the first to stand up and soon led the others back towards the side street.

"That massive lava pit was basically our proof that Thatcher's base is close by." Jake brought up as they crossed the street.

"We need to make sure that no one is around when we bring it down." Jake finished.

"So are we going to bring it down tonight?" Anthony asked.

"No, funny enough we're gonna wait until next year to bring down our arch nemesis." Jake laughed. Anthony grumbled to himself as Lilli pinched Jake.

"Okay, so I cant make jokes?" Jake laughed as he lightly shoved Lilli. Anthony shoved Jake and laughed as Jake ran into Lilli. Lilli tripped Jake and elbowed Anthony.

As Jake slowly got up he saw Anthony holding Lilli back with his hand and holding her at arms length. Jake laughed and called it off. Anthony let go of Lilli and she hit him on the back of the head. Jake grabbed Lilli by the hand and the three walked towards the corner. As they approached it the sun began to set and cars slowly stopped driving by.

"Alright, we're gonna take the exact path the van did and than we'll hit 'em with all we got." Jake ordered.

"Not to be that guy but, we don't have much." Anthony spoke up.

"Well we'll use their strength against them." Jake grinned. Jake led the way down the side street when a van's engine suddenly started. Jake pulled Lilli down beside him and Anthony found cover on the other side of the street. As the van pulled in front of them Jake had an idea.

"Follow my lead." Jake whispered to Lilli. Before she could ask Jake jumped into the top of the van and placed his hand on the roof. A beam of red energy exploded from his palm and the van swerved onto it side and Jake immediately jumped off. He reached threw the windscreen and pulled a man out. Before the man could call for back up Jake elbowed him in the temple. Jake spun around to see a woman with a gun aimed at him.

"I'd stand down if I were you." Jake laughed.

"Why? Are you gonna kill me?" She mocked.

"No, but she will." Jake smirked as Lilli grabbed the woman and slammed her into the roof of the overturned van. As Jake looked at the back of the man's collar he heard Anthony knock someone to the ground.

"Alright, the sizes of these thing might be off a little but they'll help us get in. Take anything that looks like a key or identification. We'll need 'em." Jake ordered as he pulled a jacket on over his old one. Soon they were all dressed and started back towards the building.

"Wait, What do we tell the guards? They just them leave." Anthony spoke up.

"We tell 'em what happened the van was over turned and we had to come back." Jake said instantly.

"Something tells me you put more thought into this than we did." Lilli laughed.

"You have no idea." Jake mocked.