Strife

Before the team knew it, they were bombarded with explosions and gunfire. Jake and Anthony were both constantly flying over each other avoiding whining bullets.

Jake looked down towards the ground to see the suv skidding violently from constant fire when suddenly a massive ring of fire surrounded the car as it sped off. The two raced through the now dark, cloudy sky.

Anthony and Jake made eye contact and they both knew what they needed to do. Jake made a fist and as soon as he thrusted it into the air lightning wrapped around Anthony's arm and the two stopped mid air. Jake instantly spun around drove right towards the ground. He felt the freezing wind force itself against him. As the ground drew closer by the second a sudden unseen force crashed into Jake's stomach.

Jake was forced out of his dive and slammed onto the pavement of the road. He flipped and his front side skidded and rolled repeatedly until he slammed into a truck.

Glass, wood, and a few shreds of metal had forced themselves into Jake's body. Jake rolled off of the truck and hit the ground. His metal limb groaned loudly before a surge of sparks erupted from the shoulder plate. It now laid motionless against his torso. Jake gave a loud groan and tried to sit himself up. His entire body began to ache.

Jake glanced down to see a large shred of metal Sticking out from his leg. He tried to move it but the pain was to much. Suddenly the ground vibrated. Jake looked up to see non other than Thatcher standing over him.

Jake tried to speak but his voice box was exhausted. Suddenly Thatcher gripped Jake's neck and lifted him up. Jake grabbed Thatcher's arm but was to weak to push it away. Suddenly Jake was staring into Thatchers eyes.

"Well, I assume you've felt my new wave of power." Thatcher laughed.

"T-That's all you got..?" Jake managed to mutter. Before Thatcher said another word he grabbed the metal in Jake's leg and ripped it out. Jake cried out and hit the ground. Thatcher then put his boot on Jakes chest.

"Consider yourself lucky, Waver. I'm in a good mood today. Otherwise, you would be dead. Take this as a warning. Next time, I won't miss. Thatcher than raised his foot and forced it down twice as fast as humanly possible. The ground right beside Jake's head suddenly shook and gravel hit Jake's face. He glanced to the side to see a boot. Jake looked back up and Thatcher was gone.

As soon as Jake pulled himself into the sitting position an suv slid to a stop in front of him and Anthony landed beside him. Before he knew it Lilli and Anthony were knelt at his sides.

Jake closed his eyes and what felt like only seconds later he was in the suv, but not in a seat. He was in the very back where his leg was wrapped up and his robotic arm was somewhat repaired.

The sun had started to descend and Jake could here voices in the distance. He slowly sat up and leaned out of the car. He could see Jeeps and Hummers about one hundred feet away and about fifty feet away was Lilli, Jack, Mark, and Anthony all of which looked prepared for battle. Jake moves his hand and as it creaked loudly a canon went off. The suv suddenly lurched sideways and fire suddenly engulfed the entire car. Jake flew from the suv and hit the ground. His wounds from the previous fight had begun to ache once more. He got to his feet and patted down his coat. Anthony had flown to him and stood at his side.

"Hey, we're in trouble with the military." Anthony panted.

"No shit!? I had no idea." Jake snapped.

"Look, all we have to do is just convince them we've done nothing wrong." Anthony whispered. But before Jake could reply he felt cold steel push up against the back of his head.

"You move, I put two rounds in the back of your skull." A voice commanded. Jake slowly slid his hands up.

"I have a feeling you're gonna arrest us." Jake mumbled.

"Shut up and walk towards the group." The man boomed. Jake slowly started walking towards the group whilst swears raced through his head. Jake glanced at Anthony who Troyes along beside him.

"Care to explain why I'm held at gun point dumb ass?" Jake snapped.

"We were about to leave when they showed up." Anthony mumbled.

Jake thought for a moment. Than he thought of something. He felt the steel of the gun pushed against his skull, if he made one wrong move he would be as good as dead. He took a deep breath and grabbed the barrel of the gun. He yanked it over his shoulder and forced his foot into the mans knee. Jake felt the bone crack and the man yelled out in pain. Jake put the gun to the mans forehead and pulled the hammer back.

"Never hold a gun against someone, it makes it too easy to spin around." Jake said deeply. Before one of the guards could pull a gun on Jake Anthony head butted the guard and picked up his machine gun.

"I wouldn't pull the trigger." The old man wheezed. His white beard gleamed in the setting sun.

"Why's that old timer?" Anthony scoffed.

"Because your little girlfriend will get the same treatment." The man grinned.

Jake turned back to see a large soldier holding a knife to Lilli's throat. Jake looked back to see the old man seeming to grow larger. The man suddenly grabbed the gun and kicked Jake onto his back. Before Anthony could counter the old man shot him in the shoulder.

Jake held out his hand and as rock began to shoot out the man shot Jake in the chest. Jake yelled out as blood quickly flooded out of his wound. The man knelt down beside Jake and pressed the gun firmly against his temple.

"I told you what would happen if you fought back a second time!" The man yelled.

Jake's eyes widened as Thatcher was suddenly in front of him. Kneeling over Jake as if he were a deer. Jake gulped and Thatcher forced his thumb into Jake's wound.

He yelled in pain as Thatcher twisted his thumb and yanked it from the bullet hole. Blood ran down Jake's cheek.

"No more of you running away, no more of you and your friends delaying my plans for world domination." Thatcher laughed. He gripped Jake by his coat and heaved him towards the others. Thatcher placed Jake beside Lilli and knelt down to meet Jake's gaze.

"Do you remember what I said, Waver? I said next time, I won't miss. But maybe, just maybe... my gun his turned slightly to my right." Thatcher boomed. He then stood up and aimed his gun at Lilli.

"Say goodbye Waver, getting over Jax and Hannah was hard I know. But this one, oh it'll be shit." Thatcher laughed. He pulled the hammer back and a bang echoed for miles.

Something suddenly hit the loose gravel. Jake felt his heart beat rapidly. He looked to Lilli...