The God Particle

As Jake looked over the the hill in the distance he heard Jax step out onto the balcony beside him.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" He asked.

"Well, it would appear that Lilli is thankful for us getting her out of town. So much so to her showing her great fullness by kissing me when I set her down in the bed." Jake said shakily.

"I'll be damned, Hannah owes me five bucks." Jax laughed. Jake chuckled slightly and rubbed the back of his neck.

As the sun finally set Jake walked back inside and closed the door. As he walked he glanced towards Lilli. She had fallen asleep and looked rather peaceful. Jake fell into an arm chair and laid his head against the back of the chair and fell asleep.

Suddenly Jake felt his body being shook violently. He opened his eyes to see Lilli.

"Hey..." He mumbled.

"It's your friend, he keeps saying he feel water in his lungs." Lilli said in a panicked voice. Jake shot up out of the chair and sprinted through the doors. As he saw Jax laying on the bed with water gushing from his mouth Hannah grabbed Jake and held him by his shoulders.

"What is going on with Jax!?" She demanded.

"How the hell am I supposed to know." Jake defended as he knelt beside Jax. Jake grabbed Jax and pulled him up. The water stopped and Jax gasped for air. As Jake looked Jax in the eyes a sudden glow of blue surged in Jax's eyes. Jake fell backwards and Jax got to his feet.

Jake tried to get up but Jax kicked him back down. Jake rolled and was taken back at his surprising strength. Hannah looked at Jax as he turned to her.

"Jax?" She mumbled. Jax raised his hand as water began to accumulate in his palm. As he forced his hand down Jake grabbed Jax by the shoulders and threw him down.

"Get to the cars now!" Jake ordered. Hannah nodded and grabbed Lilli. As they raced to the Camaro Jake smashed into the dirt beside them and rolled several times. The girls were in absolute shock. They ran to his aid as Jax walked down the stairs and water flooded the room and staircase. Jake stumbled to his feet and the ground slowly began to shake.

Lilli looked into Jake's eyes and was disturbed. His eyes gave off a grayish brown glow. As Lilli got in the truck Hannah sped off in the Camaro. Jake looked to her and boomed.

"Follow Hannah to the gas station up the road and stay there until I arrive."

Lilli nodded and sped off after Hannah.

Jake looked back to Jax as his foot was planted in Jake's rib cage. Jake's back slapped at the asphalt and skidded. Jake felt his shirt rip and his skin tear as he rolled violently. He managed to get to his feet as his bones aches and his body groaned. Jake suddenly felt a strange booming in his chest. Than next thing he knew rock was sculpting around his arm to form a sort of armor. Something in his mind clicked and he held his palm to the ground suddenly a sword of stone formed and Jake grabbed it off the ground and looked at his left arm as the rocks formed a shield on top of the armor.

Jake cracked his neck and dug his foot into the dirt and readied himself. As Jax raced towards Jake. Jake took off towards Jax. As they approached each other Jake jumped into the air and slammed the blade into the dirt. A massive crack shot open and Jax had to dive to miss it. As the crack went on it got more and more wide. Until it stopped when it engulfed part of the motel.

As Jake pulled on the handle of the sword it didn't budge. He glanced up in slight panic as Jax drew closer. Jake pulled as hard as he could when suddenly the sword slid out from the crack and Jake pulled it upwards. As he glanced back to Jax a fist hit the side of Jake's head and Jake hit the ground with a thud. When Jake opened his eyes he saw the sword cracked in half and his shield had been broken off of the armor. Jake looked up as Jax blocked out the sun. Suddenly Jake was yanked up by his torn shirt and look Jax in the eyes.

Jax plunged his fist into Jake's side and gripped one of his ribs.

"J-Jax.. please." Jake mumbled. Jax chuckled.

"Jax isn't here anymore, only the minion of Poseidon." Jax laughed than crushed on of Jake's ribs. Jake cried out as Jax dropped him to the ground and kicked him in the side. Jake had never felt a pain such as this before. Jake glanced up as Jax raised Jake's broken sword and grinned like the devil. Jake shuttered in fear. Suddenly Jax cried out as a roar of fire came from now where and flames knocked Jax down. A gust of wind pushed Jake to the side and Jax fell to his knees. Jake managed to pull himself up and started towards Jax. As he limped Lilli called out.

"Careful, he might be conscious." She laughed. Without even thinking Jake raised his armored arm and hit Jax in the jaw. Jax crumpled instantly and Jake fell onto his back from the pain of his rib being in two pieces. Soon, all of Jake's injuries began to take affect on him. He felt blood run out of the side of his mouth and drip from cuts and scrapes on his body.

The next thing Jake knew he was in a hospital bed with a man next to his bed. Jake gasped and sat up.

"Not so fast, you're safe." The man said calmly. Jake instantly felt the pull of something on his torso. He looked down at his body and saw bandages wrapped around him and bandages all over his face and limbs.

"I heard you had a pretty good fight. Which is amazing because it was your first and against your best friend." The man laughed.

"Where am I? Who are you?" Jake asked with a dry throat.

"All will be answered in good time, now we need to get you to your girlfriend and other friends." The man went on.

"Girlfriend? I don't have a girlfriend." Jake said slowly.

"Well, she seemed pretty invested that you were taken care of." The man finished. Jake felt a weight lift off his shoulders. As he got out of the bed he realized that all he was wearing was a robe.

"Hey, I don't wanna step on any toes but, could I change into normal clothes before I walk into a world with basically nothing on?" Jake mocked.

"Yes, I have had your clothes restored and given them some updates." The man spoke as he left the room.

Jake glanced to a chair and saw clothes neatly folded on the seat. He picked up the leather jacket and looked at the grey stripe running down the arms and across the back and grinned.

As Jake walked threw the door he fixed the sleeve of his black leather jacket. He pulled the white T-shirt down and repositioned the black jeans. He felt the black work boots push against his foot as he walked.

As he paced down the hall he kept getting glanced from everyone. Than he saw the man from earlier in a massive glass conference room. As he opened the glass door a high pitched noise rang out. As Jake regained his hearing, two arms wrapped around his neck. Jake hugged Lilli back and when he pulled away he saw the man holding an "I told you so" face.

"I see you liked the new get up." The man grinned.

"Yeah, I see that you turned us into some sort of mercenary group." Jake said as he saw Lilli in the same type of jacket except with an orange stripe, Hannah with a bright blue stripe, and Jax with a dark blue stripe.

"So is that what we are now? A team of paid killers that only respond to what you order us to do?" Jake asked.

"Not exactly, you'll be a team of mercenaries and you'll be paid. But if you feel bad about a mission, you won't be forced to go through it." The man finished.

"Anyway, who the hell are you?" Jake retorted.

"I am Jay Black, I am the leader of this organization, and now, I'm your boss." Jay finished.

"So, where do we start?" Lilli asked.

"Well, we need to talk about the 'God Particle' the very thing that corrupted your friend." Jay went on.