Without you

The two rode in silence as time went on. Jake held Lilli's hand as he held the wheel with his other.

"We're about two hours from Clearwater, we'll find a hotel than start searching for William's nuke tomorrow." Jake spoke as Lilli nodded.

Soon the rolled into a parking lot and Jake woke Lilli. As they walked into the building Jake saw someone he didn't expect.

"Anthony?" Jake mumbled as his heart skipped a beat. Anthony climbed out of a taxi and started towards the hotel as he spotted Jake. He ran towards Jake as Jake got Lilli's attention. Lilli turned back to see Anthony and Jake walking towards her.

"Long time no see." Anthony laughed. Lilli hugged him and smiled. Jake patted him on the back and held Lilli's hand.

"Where's Hannah?" Anthony asked as he glanced around. Jake glanced at Lilli who buried her head into Jake's chest.

"Well, I was escaping two truck fulls of William's soldiers and as I was catching up to the girls a soldier I thought was dead came out of nowhere and... well... he s-shot Hannah." Jake mumbled as his voice cracked. Anthony's mood changed drastically and he pulled Jake and Lilli into a hug. Jake was the first to break free and cleared his throat.

"Well, before we get all dramatic I'm gonna get us two rooms, for Lilli and I and a room for you." Jake chuckled as Lilli nodded.

Soon Jake returned to the others with two room keys. He handed one to Anthony and held the one for him and Lilli.

"Alright, we'll get some sleep than meet up in the morning. God knows we need it." Jake ordered as they headed into the hotel.

As Jake opened the door he flicked on the light and found a cozy room. Jake fell onto a bed and rolled over as Lilli laid down beside him. She grabbed his hand and the two of them laid there side by side.

"When do you think we'll finally kill William?" Lilli asked.

"Hopefully tomorrow, but we haven't exactly been on top of it. So who knows." Jake mumbled. Soon they had gotten into bed and quickly fell asleep, the first time in a week that Jake slept without being put into a sleep due to medicine.

Suddenly Jake was in the middle of a long street with Lilli and Anthony at his sides. Lilli has a massive cut on her left leg and her eyes were bright orange. Anthony's shirt was shredded and his eyes were bright blue. Jake glanced down to see his shirt was gone and his metal arm was covered in scrapes and a black ooze. He felt a scrape across his face throb as the surge in his eyes was strong. In an instant William jumped from the sky and hit Jake directly in the chest. Jake flew backwards and smacked into the pavement violently. He rolled multiple times, each tumble bringing a new pain. As Jake managed to get to his knees he saw Anthony being lifted up by his throat and hearing an awful crack as his head suddenly turn to the left. Jake felt his stomach turn suddenly as Lilli cried out. She suddenly rolled directly in front of him. He grabbed her and looked into her eyes. They were grey and motionless. Jake cried out and held her close.

Suddenly the ground shook as if someone was walking. Jake glanced up to see William standing over him and had a devilish grin across his face.

"Waver... It's time you met your maker." William laughed as he quickly forced his fist towards Jake.

Jake suddenly opened his eyes and took in a deep breath as sweat trickled down his face. He glanced around in the lamp light to see Lilli looking over him as if he was sick.

"Jake? Wake up!" She demanded. Jake grabbed her arm and shot up.

"Wh- Lilli!? Where- How-?" Jake panted as he got a look around the room. As he realized it was a nightmare he heaved a sigh and let his head fall back onto the pillow.

"What happened?" Lilli asked still looking over him.

"It was just a nightmare, I can't even remember what it was about. Now it seems like a massive smudge." Jake groaned as he rubbed his eyes. As he let his arm fall back to his side Lilli kissed him on the cheek. Jake grabbed her hand and soon they both fell asleep.

Soon Jake opened his eyes to see the sun peering in threw the curtains and Lilli was sitting at the end of the bed messing with her shoes. Jake sat up and slowly pulled his clothes on.

"So, where do we start?" Lilli asked as Jake finished with his shoes.

"I assume the dock, we'll need to rule out all warehouses before we go into the city, and if there's a fight, I'd like to keep it away from the city." Jake confirmed as he grabbed Lilli's hand and the two walked out the door.

As they walked down the hall Anthony caught up to them.

"So where to?" He asked.

"We're going to the docks to search threw all the warehouses." Jake confirmed.

"How about you and Lilli do that whilst I search anything sketchy in the city? It'll cover more ground." Anthony spoke up.

"No, the last time we were separated someone died, and that was when we least expected it, we're staying together it's safer." Jake ordered. Anthony nodded and followed Jake and Lilli out the doors. As they walked towards the corner Jake noticed a large black truck leading a convoy of black SUVs towards them.

"Any chance that's William?" Anthony asked as he elbowed Jake.

"Yeah, if we plan on stopping him than this'll drag him out." Jake smirked as his eyes began to glow white. As the truck slowly drove on Jake jumped down in front of it. The truck skidded to a halt and blew its horn.

"Hey, asswipe get out of the way!" A man shouted from the cab. Jake didn't move but only removed his coat and threw it down. The people around them gasped as the metal of his arm glistened in the sun. The truck suddenly lurched forward as to intimidate Jake. As the truck inched towards Jake he forced his hand on the bumper and the truck suddenly skidded backwards into a car of the stopped convoy.

As the crowd began to run in separate directions the drive jumped out of the truck and held up a machine gun.

"Let's see if you can stop this!" He laughed. As the bullets approached Jake he stomped his foot and a stone wall erupted from the ground. As the echo died down the wall crumpled into pieces.

"You have no idea what I'm capable of." Jake smirked. As the man charged Jake Lilli swooped in and out her hand to his chest. It suddenly began to glow hot as the man cried out. As the man grabbed Lilli's arm Anthony grabbed the back of his shirt and flung him to the ground. The man hit with a grunt and Anthony kicked him in the ribs.

Jake stood over the man as the wind pushed against his hair and his shirt.

"I'll take you to Thatcher! He won't expect it!" The man cried out.

"Thatcher? Who the hell is Thatcher?" Lilli demanded.

"That's William's last name. He must've started going by that." Anthony spoke up.

"Thank God, I don't think I could've kept saying William with a straight face." Jake chuckled. Suddenly he knelt down and grabbed the mans throat.

"Where is he?" Jake demanded.

"P-pier twenty three." The man gasped as Jake's grip tightened on his throat.

"Jake let him go!" Anthony demanded. But Jake couldn't hear him, his anger had managed to take over his emotions.

"Jake!" Lilli screamed as she grabbed at his arm. Suddenly Jake came out of it as he flung around. His eyes suddenly flared red as he saw Lilli standing there. He gulped and groaned.

"What?" Jake asked as he wiped sweat from his face.

"You didn't respond to me or Anthony." Lilli spoke. Jake gave a confused look as he got up and grabbed his coat.

"I didn't even hear y'all talking to me." Jake mumbled as he fixed his coat and walked back towards them. Suddenly all Jake saw was fire and lightning booming violently. As he spun around he saw two lifeless bodies beside him. One had a tattoo of a flame on their forearm and the other had a lightning bolt on his forearm.

Suddenly Jake was back in reality when he saw Lilli standing over him.

"What's going on, Jake?" She asked as she helped him up.