War

Lilli let out a groan as Thatcher laughed maniacally.

"No!" Jake shouted he grabbed Lilli and pulled her into his arms. He held her against his chest, he felt her heart beat, slowly decrease. He laid her on the ground and grabbed her hand.

"Lilli, please.... don't go, we need you. I need you. More than anything in the world." Jake pleaded.

"I don't think I have a choice Jake." Lilli sputtered. Her eyes slowly began to glow bright orange and as did her hair. Jakes hand was suddenly burned and as he let go of her hand she slowly began to rise. As he followed her with his eyes, that are wet with tears. She slowly began to fade, into tiny specs of light, as if ten thousand lightning bugs had been let out of a large jar. She began to light up the dark sky.

As she did metaphorically with Jake. He watched as the light began to fade and a rock seemed to fall from the core of it all and hit the ground with a thud.

Jake quickly grabbed the rock and turned it over in his hand.

It was an orange, smooth, rock with the symbol of fire in the center. Jake made a fist over it and closed his eyes. He felt his anger flare and his hate roar. He swore he would get revenge, that he would destroy Thatcher and his army. Even if it meant killing himself.