Bombshell

As the morning drew in Ellie, Daniel, and Jake met in the kitchen. The smell of hot coffee made itself known.

"Alright, if what you say is true we need to go in separate cars, they'll be looking for one car with three people. I can only assume that the news about Thatcher has reached all over now. You two get a challenger if you can, I got a few strings to pull. I'll be right behind y'all go ahead and head to Dallas." Jake ordered as he grabbed his phone.

They walked out of the room and into the outdoors.

"What does he mean by get a Challenger?" Daniel asked as they walked down the steps.

Before Ellie could respond a Challenger Hellcat roared to a stop in front of them and the doors slid open.

"No fucking way." Daniel mumbled. The two looked in expecting to see someone sitting in the driver's seat.

"Th-there's no driver." Ellie mumbled.

"Precisely, Mr. Waver has fitted most of his cars with an AI called Aiden." A voice rang out from the car.

The two nearly fell down after they searched the car for the source of the voice but to only find speakers.

"Shall we begin our journey to Dallas?" Aiden asked.

The two reluctantly got in the car and closed the door. The car roared with power and raced onto the road.

Jake put his phone in his pocket and walked out front to see the Challenger speeding away.

Just then a low roar of a car echoed. As Jake turned a 1961 black Impala rolled next to him and the door opened.

"Aiden, turn off auto pilot for the Impala." Jake ordered.

"And for the Challenger?" Aiden asked.

"Keep it on, let's see if we can freak them out anymore." Jake laughed as he sat in the Impala and slammed the door.

Jake slammed on the gas and the car roared loudly as it jerked forward onto the dirt road.

The car lurched suddenly as it hit the hard asphalt of the road and the Impala quickly picked up speed as if it were going to take flight.

Jake quickly caught up with the Challenger and sped by it.

"What is he doing?" Daniel asked as he tightened his grip on the wheel.

"It would appear that Mr. Waver has challenged you to a race. Would you like auto pilot to be engaged?" Aiden asked.

"Daniel step on it!" Ellie shouted with a smile on her face.

Daniel took a deep breath and slammed on the pedal. The Challenger roared with power and shot towards the Impala.

Jake watched as they drew closer. He gripped the throttle and shoved it forward.

The two cars rocketed down the road at lightning speed.

"I need to smack talk!" Daniel laughed. "How do I call Jake?"

"Calling Jake Waver." Aiden spoke suddenly.

"What's up bud? Having trouble in the car?" Jake asked.

"No, just calling to tell you you're gonna lose! That Impala is way older than the Challenger." Daniel said in a proud voice.

"Actually I took this car apart and completely reworked it. This baby can go as fast as I need it to. My GPS says Dallas isn't too far away, where did Abby say she was going?" Jake asked.

"Something about a bar on the north side of Dallas, any clue where that could be?" Ellie spoke.

"Well, as of now I have three bars in mind, they're quite popular and have a pretty good constant flow of guests. We'll each check out one. Park a block or two from the state park, I'll meet you there. I got another call coming in." Jake shot out as he hung up and tapped the screen.