Born to Die

Jake shot down the highway as he approached what appeared to be a blockade of what seemed to be military vehicles.

Jake had to think quickly, it was only moments until he would fatally crash into the hummers. He tightened his seatbelt and grabbed his phone and put it in his pocket.

He focused and put his left foot on the floor of the car. He instantly felt a jolt in the ground as he suddenly rose.

He opened his eyes to see he was on a ramp made of chunks of the highway in his path.

Jake watched as he slid off the end of the ramp and flew over the blockade. He witnessed the soldiers stare in awe as he slammed back on the road behind them and shot off.

The car jolted violently and began to slide all over the road. Jake gripped the steering wheel extremely tight yet due to a rock shaking the car he let go and the wheels buckled.

The super car lurched onto its side and began to flip time and time again. Everything seemed to go into slow motion as the car was in mid flip.

He watched as he suddenly was thrown out of the car and toppled into the back of a stopped mini van.

Jake groaned as he fell into his side and felt his ribs ache severely. He took a deep breath and felt as the pain slowly began to fade. He got to his feet and straightened his ripped clothes however he couldn't move his metal arm. He glanced down to see it was in chunks and his hand had flown off as he was flung from the car that had now stopped and was on its top.

He felt around for his phone but had found only the bottom part of it lodged in his metal arm.

Jake knee he had to run or he would have to kill more innocent people then he would like.

He quickly took flight and shot into the air. Jake raced through the sky as a rain of bullets whizzed by him.

He felt a sudden pierce of metal against his knee that shocked him into losing his focus and he crashed into the trunk of a tree.

Jake cried out as he crashed through the branches and felt his spine crumple against a root.

He laid still as the blinding pain of his spine rejected its attempt at healing. He unzipped his jacket and lifted his shirt to gaze at his wound he had previously found out about.

It had turned to a deep grey and was growing as deep dark grey lines covered his lower stomach and wrapped around to his back and down his legs. He rolled onto his stomach with a grunt and slowly pulled himself up to his feet.

Jake ran through the trees as he heard jeeps and trucks racing down the road towards him.

Jake felt the roots under his feet start to move as a rushing branch just missed his forehead. The sudden movement put Jake off of his balance and he tripped over a large root.

He tried to get to his feet but something had wrapped around his ankle and yanked him into the air. Jake hung upside down and felt blood rush to his head as the sound of engines died out.

He looked around for someone yet couldn't see anyone. He held out his arm to the ground and a stone blade appeared in his hand.

Jake slashed at the root which instantly tore against the blade and let Jake hit the ground.

He jumped up and stumbled as the blood in his head flooded away. Jake started to walk away when a sudden rustling caught his attention.

Jake spun around just as a man stood up from the bushes and held an automatic rifle up.

Jake jumped but quickly sighed in relief.

"Zane, I thought you were gonna kill me." He chuckled.

"Don't use my name, this area hasn't been secured." Zane ordered.

Jake tolled his eyes and held up his metallic nub of an arm.

"Did you get it?" He asked.

"Yes, it took eight hours of searching, but we found and made a few improvements to the arm." Zane confirmed.

Jake grinned and motioned for Zane to show him the arm. Zane lifted it from a gym bag and held out to Jake.

Jake grabbed the arm and snapped it into place. The arm gave a groan, then began to glow with power. Jake watched as the fingers moved as the system ran diagnostics.

A loud explosion took Jake out of his trance and scared Zane. The two looked towards the road as cars screeched to a halt and people began to scream.

"Let's go!" Zane ordered.

Jake agreed as the two ran to the road and instantly saw what had caused the boom. A large tank had rolled onto the road and fired a warning shot.

"Attention Jake Waver. We have been given permission to find and take you prisoner." A voice boomed.

"What? A tyrant from space comes down and demands a human and you just go with it?" Jake shouted.

"It's what we have to do." Zane spoke.

"What?" Jake asked as he turned.

Zane was aiming right for Jake's chest with his finger on the trigger.

"You're gonna kill me?" Jake demanded.

"If you don't give up." Zane finished.

"You know I can't do that." Jake confirmed.

"I know, run." Zane shouted before turning the gun towards a commander standing on the tank and pulled the trigger.

Jake took off in between the cars and hid behind a mini van. He peaked out from the van to see Zane looking back at him with his gun at his side. Jake started to move before the tank shot and a ball of fire engulfed Zane.

Jake slid down and felt his heart sink. He looked to his side to see a woman with a small child. They were both petrified with horror.

"Stay behind me." Jake spoke to the woman.

She nodded and picked up her child.

Jake slowly stood up and let his metal arm fill with energy. Jake then grabbed a pistol from his jacket and started to fire randomly.

"Go!" He shouted.

The woman got up and began to sprint towards a tunnel. Jake followed her as he continued to fire.

As the tank began to aim Jake had fired the last bullet. He tossed the gun down and held up his metal arm as he looked down the barrel of the tank and it began to glow yellow.

His arm then opened up and a massive beam of red energy erupted from the cannon.

The tank shot just after; just as the two beams collided the earth shook violently. Jake felt the heat of the beam begin to burn the remaining flesh of his arm. Reminding him of Lilli's ability.

The heat of the energy became a terrible pain for him but he couldn't give in. The tank had begun to show signs of strain as the trends began to rattle.

Jake's feet began to slide backwards in the gravel just as of Hannah had thrown another tantrum and swept him off his feet and onto his head.

He watched the scorching heat begin to burn his jacket and shirt as it started to hit his shoulder. His eyes suddenly erupted with red fire and roared towards the tank. The two beams hit the tank and it instantly imploded. The explosion matched exactly with the one that took part with Jax's death.

The shockwave knocked him backwards and completely through five cars. The beam in his arm stopped yet his eyes stayed a bright red.

Steam lifted from his arm and eyes as he laid their.