Foot In The Grave

"How did you do that!?" Lilli stuttered.

"I- I don't know, something just told me to trust my instincts." Jake mumbled as he wiped blood from his face.

"What do we do now? We don't have a car." Lilli spoke as she grabbed a shred tire from the ground.

"Well, I have something that I've hidden due to barely being able to control it." Jake mumbled as he took his shredded coat off.

"What do you mean?" Lilli asked dropping the piece of tire.

"Well, whenever I had that 'upgrade' I kinda got the ability to fly." Jake chuckled nervously.

"You've been able to fly all this time!?" Lilli demanded. Jake nodded slightly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Fine, let's go." Lilli said in an annoyed tone. Jake agreed and grabbed Lilli's hand and pulled her close.

"Hold on." Jake ordered. Lilli wrapped her hands around Jake and he slowly lifted into the air. As he went higher he felt Lilli's grip tighten on him. Jake felt his face grow hot and soon they were headed for Hannah, and hopefully a car.

As they raced through the air Jake had to concentrate on the open air around him to avoid focusing on Lilli. Soon Lilli's phone vibrated and it was Hannah. Jake stopped and Lilli picked up.

"Where are you?" Lilli demanded.

"Well, I was headed back to the base when I saw your blip shoot right past me." Hannah laughed.

"Well, we kinda did." Lilli mumbled as Jake lowered them to the ground.

"We?" Hannah asked. Before she could go on she saw Jake and Lilli land and walked towards them with annoyance in her eyes.

"When the fuck did you learn to fly? Where's Anthony? Why did you guys drive?" Hannah demanded.

"Look, it's a long story and an even longer one to tell you where we're goin' and how long it'll take us to get there. So right about now we need a car and a fast one, so y'all'd be able to get there 'bout the time I do." Jake went on noticing his rare, southern accent was coming out the faster he talked.

"We? Like me and Lilli?" Hannah asked.

"Well, since I can fly I was assuming based on my lack of strength and room it would be best for y'all to take a car." Jake smirked slightly.

"Yeah, I still have the Audi. When ever you guys are ready, we can go." Hannah confirmed. Jake sighed as he began to pant a little.

"What is it?" Lilli asked.

"Well, flying that long all of the sudden with no warm up took all the fight outta me." Jake panted. Lilli and Hannah rolled their eyes.

"It's fine, I'll just take my ability to fly and just be on my way, unless you want to just give me a few and than we can get a start on William much faster." Jake snapped. The girls sighed heavily and Jake leaned on the Audi.

As an hour past Jake was ready to go and he met back up with the girls.

"Alright, let's get going before I change my mind." Jake laughed. Hannah started the car and Lilli took Jake by the hand.

"What is it?" Jake asked. Lilli said nothing and looked him in the eyes. Before Jake could say anything Lilli kissed him. Jake felt his heart skip a beat than kissed her back. As he pulled away he ran his fingers threw her hair and hugged her.

Suddenly Hannah slammed on the horn and Jake pulled away from Lilli. She smirked and got in the car.

"Okay, I'll meet y'all in Florida." Jake spoke as he began to hover in the air.

"There's a main interstate that leads directly to ClearWater, we'll meet there." Jake ordered. As he sped into the air he heard the car roar onto the road.

As Jake sped threw the air he felt the wind force it's self threw his hair. His ripped coat flapped violently in the wind and his shirt rippled. He took a deep sigh as he slowly lowered close to the ground. As he drew closer he noticed it was an open road and surprisingly Hannah and Lilli we're right in front of him. He sped up and slowly snuck up on Lilli side of the car.

As he crept up he slowly put his hand on the window and suddenly started pounding on the window. A scream erupted from the car and sped up to where his face was visible. He saw Lilli panting as she rolled down the window.

"Did I scare you?" Jake laughed.

"You're a dick." She mumbled. Jake laughed even harder and flew off. As he sped in front of the car he heard Hannah honk and Jake looked back with a grin on his face. Yet she wasn't smiling she was pointing in front of him. Jake turned back just as a force smashed into his side and sent him rocketing into a pond.

As Jake crashed into the water he heard a boat engine. Jake frantically swam for the surface as something wrapped its self around his ankle. Jake tried to fly but whatever this was was clearly built for holding things in place. As he tried to pull away his breath began to fade. Suddenly whatever was gripping his ankle gave away and Jake shot out of the water and landed in the grass. As he coughed up water oxygen filled his lungs. Jake managed to sit up and his ankle stung bad.

As he got to his feet he saw Lilli and Hannah jumping out of the car. He ripped off his coat and tossed it aside. Than he ripped his shirt off to avoid freezing to death. As he glanced down he saw scars from previous fights and one massive scar across his chest stood out from the rest.

"What the hell was that?" Jake asked as he continued to cough water.

"It was some truck, it shot out from a side road just as you glanced back at us." Hannah defended. Jake than felt the sting of lake water against scrapes on his face and chest. His arm gave a slight spark than went back to normal. The three glanced to the semi and saw the cab was completely caved in and faint sirens echoed.

"We need to get out of here in order to avoid prison." Jake said as his shoulder popped loudly.

"Why? All we need to do is explain this to them." Hannah defended.

"Well, that'll be pretty tough seeing they'll most likely kill what they don't understand." Jake interrupted.

"Yeah, I guess so." Hannah sighed. Jake held out his hand and motioned towards the semi. It lurched backwards and slowly began to move back into the trees.

"Jake, you're going to give yourself an aneurism, stop." Lilli ordered. Jake ignored her as the ground began to rumble. However Jake took no notice as stone began to engulf the truck and the ground around it.

It wasn't until Jake felt blood drip from his nose and Lilli shaking him for him to stop. As he panted police cars began to show up.

"We gotta go before they get here." Hannah demanded.

"Go, I'll get y'all sometime." Jake spoke as he wiped his bleeding nose and ripped off his jacket. Hannah nodded and got in the car. Lilli however, didn't.

"Beaver, go before they get a look at you." Jake ordered as the cars grew closer. Lilli hesitated and reluctantly got in. Hannah sped off and Jake watched as they sped away.

As Jake spun back around the cars came to a screeching halt. Jake slowly fell to his knees and put his hands behind his head.