Man Down

The four split into their teams and soon Mark and Jake were soaring through the sky.

"So" Marks voice came in through the ear piece.

"What's the plan when we get there?"

"Not sure, right now we need to focus on getting in and getting out. I'm not letting Thatcher have what I got in there." Jake snapped slightly.

"You're showing more emotion for this hanger than for your house you witnessed crumble to the ground." Mark spoke.

"Trust me, this hanger needs to stay in my hands." Jake finished.

As an hour passed Jake pointed out a large group of trees.

"The hanger is under ground, directly under the middle tree." He spoke as the started towards the ground.

"Where'd you get a hanger like this?" Mark asked.

"Some guy, I think his name was-" Jake was cut off by a loud bang and a massive mushroom cloud expanding over the trees.

The two landed in a dead sprint towards the trees as Abbie came limping out.

"Abbie! What the hell happened!?" Jake asked as he grabbed her shoulders.

"What the shit Jake!? You sent me in there just to get shot at!?" She screamed. Before Jake could get another word out Abbie smacked him across the face.

"Okay, I deserve that. But you have to understand that I was possessed by Thatcher." Jake defended.

"The guy we 'fought' in the city?" Abbie asked.

"Yeah."

"I don't think that's him in there, that guys way too tall." Abbie spoke in a slightly shaken voice.

"Fine, stay out here and wait on Jack and Anthony. They'll be here quickly. Me and Mark are going in." Jake spoke.

"And if you guys don't come out?"

"Run like hell, because there's a monster in there and we just poked it." He finished.

"We need to go, Jake. There's no telling how long until that hanger falls in on itself." Mark ordered.

Jake agreed and the two started towards the hanger.

"Jake, wait a sec." Abbie called.

Jake turned and trotted to Abbie.

"What is it?" He asked.

"If you die, I won't get a chance." Abbie mumbled.

"To do what Abbie?" Jake asked as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"This." Abbie spoke.

She looked up at Jake and as if time stopped, she kissed him. She pulled away as she began to blush. Jake felt his face grow hot and he gave a soft smile.

"I'll be back I guess." He scoffed.

Jake ran after Mark as Abbie went towards the car.

The two made to the opening of the hanger and cough as smoke poured out.

"I'm gonna try and use the red energy to push the smoke up and hold it to the ceiling. I want you to locate the source of the fire and put it out." Jake ordered.

Mark agreed and Jake walked in and instantly held his hand up. As if it were a fountain the energy spewed from his hand and pushed the smoke towards the roof.

Mark ran in as flames billowed from an office. Soon enough the fire was out and the flames dissipated.

"Okay, we need to find this guy and get him out before- gah!" Jake shouted as a piercing scream erupted in his ears.