The Final Straw

Soon they ended up in Oklahoma and Jake stopped at a motel. One that resembled the one they stayed in before Jay had found them, when everyone was together... than Jake gasped and his eyes widened.

"Hannah!" He shouted. He slammed on the breaks and Lilli jerked awake.

"What the hell!?" She screamed groggily.

"Where's Hannah!?" He demanded. Lilli gasped and looked at Jake.

Jake typed on the screen and soon found her location.

"She's somewhere in Louisiana. But as long as we have the signal we'll be able to find her." Jake sighed in relief. As they headed into the motel Jake put Anthony's arm over his shoulder and helped him up the stairs as Lilli got the key.

As they waited Anthony groaned and moved his head slightly.

"Hang on buddy, we'll lay you down before long." Jake said quietly. Anthony groaned again and let his head fall forward. Soon Lilli came up the metal steps and put a key into the door. As they walked into the room Jake put Anthony on the couch and sat down beside him. Lilli sat on the edge of the bed facing Jake.

"So, I'm gonna leave Anthony here and I'll go get a key for another room." Jake spoke as he got up and headed towards the door.

"You're not staying here?" She asked getting up after him.

"No, I can't exactly sleep in the same bed with someone I'm not in a relationship anymore." Jake mumbled.

"What if we were in a relationship?"

"Beaver, I know that but we can't just act like nothing happened."

"There's no point in leaving this wide open, please?"

Jake thought for a moment than sighed loudly.

"Lets just talk about this outside so Anthony doesn't wake up to an argument."

Jake closed the door behind Lilli and leaned against the wall.

"What are we gonna agree on?" He asked.

"What if we ran away together?" Lilli asked loudly.

"Are you insane? We can't do that for two reasons, one being that Anthony most likely doesn't need to be left alone and two being that we're in the middle of a war basically." Jake finished. Lilli sighed heavily and leaned on Jake.

"Is this what we've become? We're like a married couple yet we never even had a first date." She groaned. Jake put his arm around her and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm going to fix this. I'm going to destroy this force even if it kills me, and you can bet on that." Jake finished as he let go of Lilli and grabbed his coat. He ran down the steps and grabbed the handle of the Mustang.

"Where are you going?" Lilli called out.

"I'm going to find William. I told I would, even if it kills me." Jake said in a determined tone. Lilli quickly grabbed her phone and put it to her ear. As she got into the car she put it away.

"What was that?" Jake asked as he started the car.

"I called 911 and told them about Anthony, they should be here soon, let's go." Lilli ordered. Jake hit the gas and the wheels spun. Soon the sped onto the dirt road and into the town.

As they sped back into Texas Jake clicked a button on the arm rest. The roof gave a slight jerk and started to retract backwards.

"I figured if we're going to die we might as well do it in style." Jake laughed. As Jake turned back towards the road a car pulled out in front of them. Jake slammed on the breaks and turned the wheel. The car skidded and flipped into the air.

Jake ripped his seatbelt and grabbed Lilli's hand. He pulled her into his arms and took the impact as they hit the asphalt and slid violently. As they stopped Jake groaned loudly. Lilli got up as he managed to and looked on as people began to crowd. Jake felt the ripped shred of his coat flap against the cold wind. Jake glanced at the car that had pulled in front of them as a woman stepped out, she had scars on her face and an arm just like Jake's.

Jake let his eyes glow bright white as Lilli let's hers glow orange.

"It's Lust, we need to finish her off now." Jake ordered. Lilli gave a faint nod and her hands bursted with flames. Jake cracked his neck and cracks in the earth formed. Lilli sped forward and Jake created a ramp beneath her. As Lilli jumped off the edge Lust held out her hand and a black blade slid towards Lilli.

Jake slid and forced his arm out. A force shoved Lust to the ground and the blade crashed to the ground. Lilli forced flames from her hand and the struck Lust in the metal arm.

As the arm began to malfunction Jake gripped it with his and pulled it away. The arm easily broke free and Jake threw it onto the ground. He spun around as Lilli yanked Lust up and punched her in the jaw. Lust dropped like a log and Jake flicked his wrist and stone wrapped around her ankles, wrists and torso. Jake grabbed the blade and held it to her throat.

"The only reason you have a blade is because you know, we would be able to kill you. But you didn't want the blade. Someone made you use it. And who other than William? I mean, he is you boss." Jake mumbled as he drove the blade into the asphalt beside her.

"Now, where is he?" Jake demanded.

"He's in Florida, that's where he plans to set off the nuke. Now let me go!" Lust demanded. Jake nodded and the stoned broke away. Lust got up and Lilli started after her. Jake grabbed her arm and pulled her close. Before Lilli could talk Jake flicked his finger and the blade shot from the asphalt and drove its self into Lust's back. As Lust hit the ground Jake sighed.

"That is the message we are sending to William, that nothing will stand in our way." Jake finished as his eyes went back to normal.

As they started towards the ripped over car siren began to wail in the background. Jake held out his hand and the car began to turn. Suddenly two police cars raced onto the scene and stopped just in front of them. The car was completely back on its wheels when a voice boomed.

"Let's me see your hands!" A cop called. Jake didn't move a muscle as Lilli obeyed the demands.

"Jake, do as he says." Lilli mumbled. Jake ignored her as his eye began to glow green.

"You have 'till the count of three!" The cop yelled. Jake still didn't move.

As the cop began to count Lilli knelt down. Just as a shot rang out Jake stomped his foot and a wall of stone erupted from the ground and took the impact. Jake than forced his hand backwards and the car rolled towards him.

"The windshield is beat to shit and there's most likely glass in the seats but it's all we got." Jake demanded. Lilli hopped over the door and Jake got in the other side. He started the car and sped off. As they sped down the street Jake heard the sirens behind them.

"We're almost out of the city, we'll need to lose 'em before we get to the Interstate." Jake shouted as the car sped up. As Jake glanced behind him he saw a car speed around the corner. Lilli cried out and Jake spun around to see a police van and a spike strip in front of them.

Jake slammed his foot on the break and the car shot over the spike strip. A loud pop echoed as the car lost control and slid all over the road. As the car stopped Jake and Lilli got out.

Jake spun around to see three cars headed right for them. Out of sheer force of habit Jake raised his arm and closed his eyes. Suddenly a loud crash echoed. Jake opened his eyes to see the cars piled up and clearly a force stopped them.

Jake suddenly felt something run down his face. He wiped it and looked at his fingers, blood had oozed from his nose. Jake spun around in a panicked manner to see Lilli looking at him just as confused.