Swan Song

Anthony burst into Jake's room and flicked on the light.

"It's Thatcher! He knows we were at the hotel! He's all over the news... Jake, he's pissed!" Anthony shouted.

Jake shot up in his bed and ripped off the blanket.

"Get Mark and Jack up. We need to get out of here now." Jake ordered.

As Anthony left Jake got up and ran into his closet. He opened the safe and yanked the arm off of its stand. He ran to the desk and placed the arm the machine and quickly attached it. He raced back into his closet and changed. He soon met the others in the garage.

"Alright, we need to split up, everyone needs to take a different vehicle. I'll take the Hellcat, Jack you take the motorcycle, Mark you take the Charger and Anthony, take the Ferrari. We'll meet up in Dallas, that's four hours from here. Go." Jake ordered.

The four split up and got into their assigned cars. Anthony was the first to speed out of the garage and went left. Jack went right, Mark went straight and Jake went right with Jack.

As Jake sped down the road a call popped up on his windscreen. It was a blocked number.

"How'd you get this number?" Jake snapped.

"This is Abbie with Dallas Police. Your little villain is trashing the city. You need to get here now!" She snapped back.

Jake sighed deeply.

"Fine, we'll be there shortly. Just find everyone you can and hide." Jake ordered. Abby hung up the phone and tapped the screen a few times.

"Alright guys, I'm going to go offline for a bit. Just keep heading to Dallas. I'll meet you there." Just before Jack could finish his sentence Jake hung up and slammed on the break.

The car skidded to a halt and Jake flung open the door. He climbed out and put the rocks in their slots. The arm bursted with life and Jake rocketed towards Dallas. As he flew he couldn't help but think of Lilli.

Suddenly Jake heard gun shots echo loudly. He looked around and was just meters from Dallas. He stopped suddenly and saw Thatcher standing just feet from a female cop and a few others. The woman threw her gun to the ground and held up her fists.

Thatcher held up a machine gun and put his finger on the trigger. Jake raced downwards and directly towards the group.

As the bullets rang out Jake felt a terrible pain in his back in five different spots. He hit the ground and rolled.

He quickly got back to his feet and gritted his teeth. There he stood, just feet from Thatcher. The man who ruined his life.

"It's been years, Waver. How's your girlfriend?" Thatcher laughed.

Jake winced in pain and rocketed into Thatcher's stomach. The two rolled onto the ground and Jake landed on top of Thatcher. He gripped Thatcher's jacket and punched him in the jaw. He did it again, and again, and with each punch he got faster and faster until the metal of his hand bent.

As Thatcher laid still Jake let go of him and looked at the group.

"What? Never seen a metal armed guy take down an eight foot giant?" Jake panted. Suddenly Jake felt a large hand hit him in the side of the face and he flew into a glass window. He hit the floor and slid into a group of mannequins. He felt the bullets in his back shift as he struggled to get up.

He slowly climbed to his feet and looked out of the broken window. Thatcher was towering over Abbie and the others. Jake made a fist with his metal limb and the slots began to glow. He held out his palm as if he had been doing it for years and held it in place.

Suddenly a beam of white energy roared from his palm and sped out of the building. It soared right into Thatcher's side and knocked him to the ground. Jake flew out of the building and landed in front of the group.

He watched as the massive built man rolled onto his back and barley moved.

"Look, I need you to take these people and get them hidden." Jake ordered.

"I'll take them to a safe place but then I'm coming back, those bullets in your back are slowing you down." Abbie argued.

"No, I've got a few others on the way. They'll be here any second." Jake spoke. Suddenly Thatcher got up quickly and grabbed something off of his back and held it out in front of him. It was a sort of gun object.

"This will destroy you in an instant." Thatcher mumbled in a slight wince.

He held up the gun and just as he fired Jake stomped and a stone wall erupted from the ground.

"Go!" Jake shouted. "I can't hold him much longer." He winced.

Abbie sighed and took the group into a building. Jake let go of the wall as it crumbled to the ground and Jake took the full force of the blast. He hit the ground and slid on his back into a light pole.

As Jake staggered to his feet Thatcher ripped his throat and yanked him up. Jake's deer were two feet off the ground.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this." Thatcher laughed. He drug back his hand and it began to glow a dark grey. Jake closed his eyes and braces for his heart to be ripped out when he heard a car door slam shut and a loud crack of a whip.

Jake hit the ground and Thatcher cried out. Jake tried to run but Thatcher gripped his leg and yanked him down. Thatcher forced Jake's head into the cement and closed his fist on his throat.

Jake began to gasp for air. He saw the others try to help.

"N-no *gasp* get them out of h-here." Jake struggled. The three reluctantly grabbed the bystanders and put them in the cars. Suddenly a gun shot rang out and Thatcher let go of Jake's throat.

Jake gasped and rolled onto his side. As he coughed he saw Abbie holding her pistol up in the air. Jake got to his feet slowly and flew in between the two. His body weak, but still standing. He held up his arm and aimed his palm at Thatcher.

"Back off.. you aren't going to kill anyone else." Jake mumbled.

"Get the girl to put down the gun and I'll leave." Thatcher ordered.

"Fine." Jake grumbled.

Abbie put her gun down and into its holster.

"Now than." Thatcher boomed. "Back to it."

He grabbed Jake's metal arm and it shattered at the elbow. As cables, wires and lug nuts broke free the slots began to glow brighter and brighter. Until... boom.