Death Count

He opened his eyes slightly and let out a pain filled groan. Jake rolled onto his stomach and got to his feet, slowly but fast enough to feel his scorched wounds pull against his limbs.

He looked towards the tanks last position to see cars forced to the sides of the road and a massive, steaming crater from the explosion.

He limped slowly towards the crater as he slowly removed the remaining shreds of his jacket and tossed the down to the ground. His ripped shirt now exposed his scars from previous battles.

His metal arm somehow, was still in place. He looked into the sky and before he knew it he was floating in the air and looking down at the crater.

Instantaneously the rev of an engine made him spin around as a truck rolled out of the tunnel and came to a stop. Jake hit the ground with a thud and held up his arm, although he was not prepared for another fight.

Then, the doors swung open violently and Abbie ran out from behind the door. Jake let his arm drop as did his heart.

Jack, Mark, and Anthony sprinted up behind her and held her back. As if he was oblivious, Jake hadn't noticed her anger stricken gaze.

"How could you!?" She screamed.

Jake stammered before finally speaking.

"I- I'm sorry. I had to, to pro-"

"To protect us!? You left us all alone without a reason!" Abbie shouted.

"I know, I couldn't give a reason then, I was going to call you when I was done but as you can see, my plans were interrupted by unforeseen circumstances. I'm sorry I can't tell the future!" Jake snapped.

"Enough!" Anthony cut in.

"It's been a long fucking day! Let's just suck it up and forgive and forget!" He finished.

"Do whatever you want! I'm out." Abbie went on.

"What do you mean?" Kyle asked as he started out of the truck.

"We're leaving." Abbie conformed as she stormed off and Kyle started to follow her when Jake started as well.

"Abbie wait!" Jake shouted as he grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

Abbie turned quickly and looked into Jake's panicked eyes. She didn't move, the moment was quickly ruined as Kyle shoves Jake away.

"Back off dip shit!" He shouted.

"Make me, fucker." Jake snapped back.

Kyle grabbed Jake's form shirt and pulled him closer.

"Last time we got this close to a fight, you turned into a demon from the exorcist." Kyle mocked.

"Yeah, well how about you try your luck again. You have yet to give me a reason to trust you." Jake went on as he made a metal fist and his eyes began to turn as red as his bleeding face.

"Stop." Abbie spoke, pulling on Kyle's jacket.

Kyle pushed her off and Abbie hit the ground.

Jake felt something snap inside of him, a lever changing his mind set.

"That was your first mistake." He spoke.

Jake rammed his fist into Kyle's stomach and Kyle fell backwards. Jake kicker Kyle in his chest and climbed on top of him.

Jake put his hand around Kyles neck and began to tighten his grip. Kyle's eyes grew black as he snapped his fingers with a grin on his face.

Jake flew backwards and felt his spine crack on a rock. Kyle stood up and slowly started to walk towards Jake's unmoving body.