Hidden Scars

"Well, last night when I woke you up from tossing and turning, I was having a nightmare. One that puts all the others in the shadows. It showed me on my knees with a gash across my chest. On my right was Anthony, he was cut up worse than me. On my left, it was you, you were cut up just as much. We were holding off Thatcher, when suddenly the ground shook and the next thing I knew Thatcher was holding me by my throat and as he hit me I woke up. And now I think my nightmare is coming true." Jake mumbled as his head began to ache.

"Well, that's happened countless times. How do you know it means death?" Lilli asked.

"... Well, I felt my life depleting in the dream. As if he was finishing me off. And the only reason I woke up than wasn't because you were shaking me, but because it's said that since your brain doesn't know what death is like, if you die in a dream you wake up. So I can only assume that Thatcher... Thatcher wins." Jake mumbled as his head ached. Lilli started towards Jake when he stepped back.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I can't let him kill y'all. I can't lose you, Lilli, you mean the world to me, if you were to die than I would never forgive myself for letting that happen." Jake mumbled as he took another step back. As Lilli began to spoke the truck gave a massive groan. The three looked towards it as the back two doors flung open.

Anthony stepped back and slowly watched as Thatcher stepped out of the truck and looked at them.

"I see you've made it to Clearwater. It's a shame you won't see anything else." Thatcher laughed as he snapped his fingers. Suddenly Jake felt a terrible stabbing pain in his gut. He immediately crumpled to the ground as blood forced its way out of his mouth.

"What did you do!?" Lilli screamed as she ran towards Jake.

"I just gave you an example, if you stand in my way, I give you stage four stomach cancer. He has about ten minutes before he dies. I'll give you a moment." Thatcher spoke calmly as he suddenly disappeared. Jake rolled into his back and could feel his stomach begin to shift. Lilli supported his back and Anthony knelt down beside her.

Jake glanced at them and gave a faint grin.

"It's funny, I was afraid Thatcher would k-kill you... but he d-didn't. H-he k-killed me, I w-would day I'm okay with d-dying b-but I'm not. L-Lilli, if I die here, t-than I c-can't protect you."

Suddenly Jake's eyes flared a bright red and his hand grew bright red. Almost instantaneously a shockwave erupted from Jake and knocked Lilli and Anthony away. Jake's body was now suspended in mid air and hovering.

Without warning Anthony felt his chest begin to hurt as lightning began to boom loudly. Than Lilli felt her arms began to burn as the building exploded from a fire in side.

Suddenly Jake woke up to the bright sun piercing his eyes. As he slowly sat up his robotic arm started smoking. As if something had over heated it. Jake looked around to see the remains of a burned building next to him. He looked behind him to see Lilli and Anthony on the ground. Jake ran towards them as a massive truck rolled into the street. Jake knew he couldn't get both of them out.

"At least Lilli." He told himself. As he ran an explosion knocked him away and sent him rolling. Jake got up as quickly as he could to see two guards walking towards Lilli. Jake sped forward and suddenly something went off in his head. Jake held up his left arm to see black streaks spiraling down his arm and ending at the top of his hand. Jake held it up to the guard and suddenly the black steak was filled in by a bright red glow. A blast of red energy erupted from his hand and struck the guard. As the blast died out and his arm stopped glowing Jake saw a massive hole in the guards chest.

The guard slowly looked down and quickly fell over. Jake grabbed Lilli just as she woke up and saw Jake's eyes glowing red.

"What's happening?" She yelled as the roar of the truck got closer.

"Not a clue, help me get Anthony up!" Jake ordered. As Lilli grabbed Anthony's arms Jake turned towards the truck.

"Jake, let's go!" She screamed. A sudden ache erupted in Jake's chest, as if something wanted to break out. Suddenly Jake get the power in his chest let loose as a beam of red power broke from his chest and soared towards the truck. It soared threw the truck as if it were nothing and soon died out. Jake fell to his knees as the truck exploded and panted hard. Jake had never felt his heart beat so fast before.

Jake could feel his body begin to shake violently as blood began to ooze from his nose. Suddenly Jake felt his adrenaline kick in and he gasped for air as his body began to function again. He slowly panted as Lilli helped him up.

"Wh-what the hell just happened?" Jake panted. As Lilli made sure Jake could stand on his own she got him to help her with Anthony.

They slowly heaved Anthony onto a bench and they sat down beside it. Jake had managed to catch his breath but his body still shook.

"So I get stage four stomach cancer then next thing I know I have a brand new power I can't even explain. I mean I guess it's cool I have a new tattoo." Jake smirked as he lifted his sleeve.

"So, who do you think gave us the powers?" Lilli asked.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked pushing his sleeve back down.

"Well, it's obvious that we didn't obtain the powers naturally." Lilli mumbled.

"I don't know, but Thatcher might." Jake mumbled as his chest began to burn. Jake undid his shirt and looked at his chest. The black streak around his arm had grown from his shoulder and made a half circle around his chest.

"So, now what?" Lilli asked as Jake buttoned his shirt.

"Well, I say we find Thatcher's base and wipe 'em off the face of the earth." Anthony spoke as his eyes began to glow bright blue.