Friendly Fire

Jake was the first to react. He moved quickly on his feet as he raised his hand up and slid it across a wall. Suddenly the stone of the wall moved outwards and Jake jumped onto it and kicked off. He soared through the air as his hand began to glow bright red. As he slammed onto the ground he forced his fist into the cement. The stone around him shook violently as cracks formed through it.

As the shockwave raced towards the two beings the one cloaked in a green hoodie jumped surprisingly and the one dressed in red disappeared completely. Suddenly Jake felt a foot press firmly on the center of his spine and shoved him forward and to the ground. As soon as Jake hit he turned over to see a streak of green slam to the ground beside him. Jake put up his arms to defend himself just as flames erupted from no where and engulfed the one in green.

Jake quickly got to his feet and sprinted towards Lilli and Anthony as they held off the one in pink. As Jake sprinted he felt a wire like object wrap around his ankles and yank him backwards. Jake hit the ground with a thud and instantly fell unconscious.

Jake shifted slightly as he heard a distant voice. It was high pitched and clearly from Ireland. Jake managed to open his eyes slightly to see who was talking. He was caught off guard when everything seemed to be upside down. He wiggles slightly and looked to his legs. They were tied together by a strange rope like material that gave off a green glow. Jake looked out to see Lilli, Anthony and the two enemies talking not to far away. The rope appeared to be tied around the shorter one's forearm and hand. Jake tried to move his hands yet they were tied to his sides.

Jake raked his mind in an attempt to find a way out of this when he had an idea. Jake closed his eyes and felt his power grow. His hands and forearms began to glow bright red along with his eyes. He felt the rope around him begin to loosen as they noticed Jake had regained his consciousness.

"Well, look who's finally up." The one in pink laughed. As they drew closer Jake moved his hand and gripped the rope tightly.

Suddenly Jake jerked the rope and he fell to the ground. He managed to put his feet under him and as soon as his feet hit the pavement Jake kicked off and launched towards them.

He felt the air push against his hair as he raced closer. His eyes glowing bright with rage. As he came closer Anthony came out of nowhere and pulled Jake to the ground. They rolled multiple times before they were directly in front of the others.

Jake got up quickly and started towards the two. Lilli grabbed his arms and tried to hold him. Jake managed to keep on pulling however. His eyes glowing bright red. The two strangers were confused.

"Tell your dog to calm down." One spat off. Jake jerked away from Lilli and tackled the one in green. They slid a few feet and Jake raised his fist. As he swung Jake was pulled backwards off of the stranger and hit the ground. The one in pink grabbed his shirt and pulled him.

"We're the good guys." He spoke sternly. Jake paused as he got to his feet.

"What? That's ridiculous. I saw y'all in Thatcher's lab." Jake spoke as he felt his hands harden like stone.

"It's true, we were created by him but evil isn't an inherited trait, it's learned. I'm Mark, that's Jack. No secrets, nothing to hide." Mark spoke crudely. Jake felt his hands lose their hardened layer. He looked at the two than at Anthony and Lilli. He had no choice but to side with them. He didn't want to cause another fight.

After thinking for a few minutes he sighed deeply.

"Fine." He mumbled. Mark gave a smirk along with Jack and held out his arm. Jake looked at it and glanced to Lilli. She gave him a reassuring smile. Jake looked back at Mark and grabbed his forearm.

"We'll take him down, together." Jake said with a grin. Mark grinned widely and grabbed Jakes arm and shook it.

"You guys look scuffed up. What happened?" Jack spoke up.

Jake thought back to Jax and Hannah, to Jay, to his home... to the voice over the phone... to the splitting migraine. He looked down at his feet.

"It's not important where we come from or why we're fighting. All we need to know is who were fighting." Mark cut in as he elbowed Jack in the arm. As Jack rubbed his forearm he walked towards the street.

"What is it?" Mark called out.

"You don't hear that?" Jack called back. As the four started towards Jack a piercing, deafening scream ruptured into Jake's head. He grabbed his ears as he yelled out and fell to his knees. The sound echoed violently throughout his entire body.

As soon as the ear splitting sound had started, it was over. Jake panted for a few seconds before slowly removing his hands from his ears.

As he stood up Lilli and the others ran to him.

"What the hell was that!?" She demanded. Jake looked at her with a blank expression.

"I don't know, it just happened." Jake mumbled.

"It was different for everyone." A voice boomed inside their heads. The five all looked at each other in shock and terror. The voice belonged to William Thatcher.

"Before you realize where I am, just know in this place of origin... I am the flames of hell." The deafening voice suddenly vanished and all five were dumbfounded.

"How did he do that?" Jack cried out.

"I-I- I don't know... he's never been able to do that." Jake mumbled.

"He knows where we are, we have to either get out of here, or find him and fight!" Anthony ordered as his eyes began to glow.

"No, we don't know where he is, let alone if he's even here. We just need to leave and regroup. We need to find a car for those of us who can't fly and we'll meet up two towns to the south." Jake ordered.

As dark clouds rolled inwards the five ran onto the street and Mark instantly found an SUV parked on the side of the road.

"Alright, Lilli, Mark, and Jack y'all are taking the car whilst me and Anthony fly. Follow us as best you can and if you lose us than call." Jake ordered as rain began to fall.

As the three raced to the car Jake and Anthony hovered in the air.

"Something doesn't feel right, it's like we're being watched." Jake yelled over the rain and thunder.

"I know, look up there, it's a figure." Anthony pointed out. As Jake looked up he saw a glow of pale green and a surprising darkness next to the pale green. He felt a shiver race up his spine. He looked to Anthony one last time before they flew off.