Unknown Power

Jake had been checked over in the Ambulance and had his arm put in a sling and his leg in a cast.

"So, any chance I'll be able to walk in like a week?" Jake asked the nurse as she checked his pulse.

"Not even sliver. Your leg is shattered from the thigh down and your forearm is cracked in half. You'll be lucky to walk in a month." She went on as she helped Jake into a wheelchair.

Jake sighed and rubbed his temple. He put down his insurance on a clipboard and rolled himself towards the others.

"Well, I'm sorry I nearly killed you all. It wasn't my ideal afternoon." Jake laughed.

"So, how long will you be tied to a chair?" Jack asked as he held an ice pack to his jaw.

"At least a month, but I have tech they don't. I'll just add a few customizations to a suit and I'll be able to support myself." Jake mocked.

"But the entirety of your house was destroyed. How do you plan to get a suit?" Mark cut in.

"I don't hold my suits in the house. I hold them in a n underground hanger about five miles out. When I get the suit I need to go through the rubble and find the stones." Jake spoke sternly.

The group than agreed that they would get food and find a hotel and Jake would meet them there. As they left Jake tapped his watch and held it again to his mouth.

"Aiden, send me a suit along with package 88. Make it snappy." Jake spoke in a scruffy tone.

"On its way." Aiden spoke.

After about five minutes of sitting around Jake heard a buzzing in the air. He looked up and saw the suit rocketing towards him alongside a small case. The suit landed beside the case and the back opened up as if to engulf Jake into it.

Jake grabbed the box and put his thumbs on two separate circles on the lower corners of the box and it opened with a click. He pulled it open and grabbed from it a metal shaft that had a grip that would go onto the back of his ankle.

He put the shaft in place and tapped the bottom of it. Metal wrapped around his leg and tightened. Jake stood up and took of his sling. He limped into the suit and it closed onto his back.

The suit powered on and lit up. Jake removed his mask and knelt down beside the box and took out three parts to an arm. He clicked them together and forced the arm into place. He held it out in front of him and clenched it into a fist.

"Now, Aiden find the power aura of the stones and put it on the radar." Jake ordered.

After a few seconds a blip popped up on the radar and Jake followed it towards the remains of his home.

As he sifted through the rubble he came across a journal. One he hadn't recognized. He picked it up and wiped the cover off. The writing was far to worn to able to read. Jake tossed it into the box and sent it back to the hanger.

As he set back to searching he spotted a large block of metal sticking out of the ruins. Jake walked towards it and heaved the box out of its hiding place and placed it on the singed grass. He turned it over and felt his heart stop.

He removed his helmet with a tap of his suit and ran his armored hand down the shredded hinges of the what was a door. He couldn't believe his eyes. Jake ripped apart the safe and searched every inch of the case.

After ripping it apart, Jake put his mask back over his face and called the group.

"The stones, they're gone." Jake spoke in a defeated tone.

"What do you mean?" Anthony spoke up.

"They aren't in the safe! Thatcher took them and now he might be able to kill us all." Jake snapped.