Rebuild

Jake slowly opened his eyes as he groaned from a major migraine. He glanced around the room as bright lights hurt his eyes. He saw five figures over him that resembled Lilli, Hannah, Jax, Anthony and Jay.

"So far I've only seen the hospitalizing of this place." Jake chuckled softly. After no one responded Jake spoke again.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, that's the thing. When Anthony and the others were out, Willis did quiet the toll on you." Jay spoke up.

"Yeah, that's why I'm in the bed." Jake laughed.

"Well, not all of you." Anthony chuckled slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"Jake, when you were in the fight Willis took your arm." Lilli mumbled.

"What?"

Jake squeezed his fist and bent his elbow. There was his left arm. Jake went to move his right arm. Nothing. He started to panic as the heart monitor began to beat rapidly.

"Jake, it's going to be okay." Jay said as he walked to Jake's side.

"How do you know that Jay!? You swore up and down that mission would be safe for us! Yet Lilli, Jax, Hannah, and even Anthony were nearly killed! The only reason they weren't is because I held him off until you came to and killed him and I lost my arm in the process! So excuse me if I choose to never believe another word you say!" Jake yelled. Jay sighed heavily.

"There will be a mechanic in here soon to take measurements for a bionic arm. Until than I suggest you rest." Jay spoke confidently.

"Yeah, I'll be sure to relax with my arms at my sides... oh wait" Jake mocked. Jay looked down and walked out of the room.

Anthony was close to follow as did Jax and Hannah. Lilli sat down at the end of Jake's bed and rubbed his leg.

"I can't believe you didn't die." Lilli laughed.

"I can't believe it either. But somehow I didn't so I'm glad I'm still here with you." Jake grinned slightly.

"I thought you believed in a higher power? Wouldn't you want to die in order to get there?"

"I used to, but now I have you, and what's the point of going somewhere that I would be without you? I can't imagine my life without you Beaver, and I don't want to." Jake mumbled. Lilli scooted closet to him and put her forehead on his.

"Well, look at that, I am suddenly shouting up." Jake laughed. Lilli grinned and nodded.

"Maybe I can give you a reason to shut up even more." Lilli laughed. Before Jake could say anything Lilli kissed him. As she pulled away Jake grew bright red.

"I see you're still not used to that." Lilli smiled.

"Well, I have to remind myself daily that you're my girlfriend." Jake smiled. Than a man walked in with a measuring tape and a pad with a pen.

"Are you here to make me whole again?" Jake asked. The man nodded and Lilli spoke.

"Well I'll get out of here and leave you to it."

Jake watched as she left the room and the man got to work. After five hours of questions and measuring the man left and Jay walked in.

"Hey." Jay spoke up.

"Hey, I'm sorry I snapped earlier, it wasn't right and you couldn't do so anything about it." Jake said in a mumble.

"Don't worry about it, you lost your arm, and still managed to take on a villain." Jay retorted.

"Now than, time for you to get out of that bed and stretch your legs." Jay spoke positively. Jake smiled and sat up. As he got his clothes on Jay's voice came from the other side of the door.

"The mechanic is done with the plans, now all you have to do is confirm a design and we'll attach the arm."

"That reminds me, how exactly will that happen?" Jake asked as he fixed his jacket and stepped out the door.

"Well, there are five main tendons in your arm and we attach them to the mechanics of the arm. It hurts like hell and you'll want to die. But it'll only take a second." Jay confirmed. Jake sighed heavily and walked with Jay down the hall as people glanced towards Jake and Jay.

"I'm still not used to people staring at me." Jake groaned.

"Well, surely you had some admirers at School?" Jay asked.

"Well, not really. At School, I was just some theatre geek that barely fit anywhere. It was rare that I got attention from those outside of my group. And until the warehouse, I hadn't even had a chance with a girl. Lilli is my first girlfriend, and believe it or not, I want her to be my only girlfriend." Jake mumbled.

"Well it seems that Lilli has had feelings for you for a while." Jay defended.

"Maybe she has, I just don't understand why she waited until an explosion that gave us superpowers to show her feelings." Jake went on.

"Well, it can be just as hard for girls to go up to guys as it is for guys to go up to girls. She might've just not been able to do it until now." Jay finished.

"Nonetheless, I'm glad I decided to tell her, and I'm even more happy that she felt the same way." Jake smiled as they entered the garage.

"Alright, Mr. Waver we need you to choose from these designs." The mechanic spoke duly. As Jake surveyed the builds he made mental notes on all of them. After ten minutes he decided.

"I'll take the dark grey with silver accents." Jake spoke confidently. The mechanic nodded and took the arm off the table and Jake sat in a chair next to a small table. The arm was laid beside him and a single tool was on the table.

"Alright, this will hurt like a bitch, and due to your powers being activated by your mood we will need to do it quickly." The mechanic spoke as he positioned the arm into place and grabbed the tool.

"Alright just tell me wh- Son of a bitch!" Jake cried out as a terrible sharp pain rang out in his shoulder. As the pain died Jake looked at the arm.

"Alright Jake, try and move it." Jay said apprehensively. Jake moved his shoulder and slowly attempted to move the elbow. The arm slowly bent up and Jake smiled. Then he made a fist. Jake felt his heart skip.

"And there we have it!" Jay laughed. The mechanic patted Jake on the shoulder and walked away.

"Now, we have some brand new upgrades for the team. Seeing as all of you are above eighteen I thought it was important you had your transportation." Jay finished as Jake got out of the chair.