For the greater good

Jake tried to move but his arm was pinned to the wall. Jake could only watch as the man made his way towards Jay and picked him up by his coat collar. Jake had to do something.

"Hey, Assbutt!" Jake shouted with a confused look from the man. The man dropped Jay and made his way towards Jake.

"Well, look at this. A fish caught on a hook." The man laughed. Jake felt his fear jolt up as the man drew closer. Jay slowly got to his feet and called out.

"Leave him out of this William. He doesn't deserve this." Jay called. William ignored him and yanked the spear out of Jake's metal arm. Jake slid down the wall and looked up as William grabbed his throat and yanked him up. Jake coughed and gasped for air.

"I don't enjoy my work, but this does put a smile on my face." William mocked. As Jake struggled to break free William grabbed a blade from his side and held it to Jake's face. As he ran the side over his cheek he grinned.

"There's nothing better than watching those who you hate suffer." William mumbled. Than he jabbed the blade into Jake's side and let him fall. Jake yelled out in pain and fell to his hands and knees.

"No! William he doesn't belong here, let him go." Jay yelled as he limped. Jake felt blood drip from his side and placed his hand over it. The glow in his eyes disappeared and he lost all his anger. William kicked Jake in the side and sent him tumbling. Jake felt his wrist snap and his nose pop out of place. Somehow, Jake got to his feet and held up his hands as if to fight William.

"I can do this all day." Jake mumbled. William hit Jake in the jaw and gripped his leg. He lifted Jake up and flung him into a building. Jake smashed threw a window and slammed into a desk. Jake managed to crawl back to the window and pulled himself up. Suddenly William pulled him from the window and tossed him to the ground. Jake landed right beside Jay and laughed.

"I know you didn't want me here Jay, b-but that's what I do best. I do the opposite of what I'm told." Jake mumbled. Than suddenly the roar of a motorcycle echoed throughout the city along with multiple car engines. Jake glanced up as they made their way towards him and Jay. Anthony jumped out of the car and immediately took on William. Jax raced towards William as well. Lilli ran to Jake and Hannah got Jay up. Lilli helped Jake to his feet and Jake pulled away from her.

"What are you doing?" She demanded.

"I'm sticking to my job." Jake spoke confidently. He made his way towards Jax and Anthony when Jay grabbed him and spun him around.

"I am not letting you get yourself killed by that bastard." He demanded. Jay forced Jake into Lilli and Hannah's arms. They held Jake back as Jay raced towards Anthony and Jax. As he ran Jax saw him and slammed his fist into the ground. Water erupted from the cracks in the ground and smacked William in the chest. Jay pushed Jax to the side and held his hand up. Light exploded from his hand and knocked William off his feet and directly into a wall.

"Alright, you four get out of here and don't look back. I'll take it from here." Jay ordered. Anthony didn't budge.

"I'm not leaving you again!" He yelled. Suddenly the rubble from the crash started to shift. Jay pushed Anthony into Jax and Jax pulled him away. Jake pulled away from Lilli and Hannah and raced towards Jay. As he ran William got up from the rubble and grabbed a spear. Jay hadn't even started to turn to meet William.

"Jay!" Anthony yelled. Jay didn't budge but only gave a questioned look. William began to race towards Jay. Jake began to run as well. He limped towards Jay as William drew closer.

"J-Jay!" Jake yelled. Anthony raced by Jake and started to wave his arms.

Jay quickly spun to see William directly in front of him. Jake felt his heart twist. William raised his sword and drove it threw Jay's chest.

Anthony yelled and Jake felt his anger flare. Jake started towards William but Jax grabbed him and pulled him back. Hannah grabbed Anthony and pulled him away.

"Let's get out of here!" Lilli yelled as the ground began to shake. Jake slid over the hood of the Stingray and flung open the door. He slid inside and started the car. As soon as it roared to life he stomped on the gas. The tires squealed as Lilli sped past. Soon he was right beside her. Anthony was behind Jake and Jax was not far behind. Hannah was next to Jax as they sped down the road.

As he drove his arm began to whir loudly. Jake glanced down as it began to vibrate. Suddenly sparks flung out and the arm twisted suddenly. It yanked the wheel to the left and the Stingray slid into the grass. As it skidded Jake tried to let go of the wheel but his arm was stuck. He slammed on the brake and finally the car slowly stopped. Jake managed to get his arm to let go of the wheel and forced open the door. He slammed it back and kicked a stick into the air. He ripped off his torn leather jacket and threw it on the ground. He looked up just as Lilli and Anthony ran up to the dirt.

"What just happened!?" Anthony yelled.

"My arm gave out and forced the wheel down. I skidded off the road and now I'm here on the side of the road." Jake mocked.

"Are you okay?" Lilli asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just watched the guy who gave me a purpose in this world die and I couldn't do anything about it. So I'm fucking fantastic!" Jake snapped as his voice cracked. Lilli stepped back and Jake sighed deeply.

"I'm sorry Beaver, I didn't mean to snap like that." Jake mumbled. He started towards Lilli and she stepped back again.

"Beaver? What's wrong?" Jake asked in a worried voice. All she did was point behind Jake. Anthony and Jake spun around and stared in awe as a massive creature started towards them.

"Alright, y'alls cars are to far to run to them. Get in mine!" Jake yelled as he helped Lilli into the side door and slid back over the hood. Anthony got in the back and Jake climbed into the driver seat. He started the car and it roared to life. He grabbed the wheel with his left hand and slammed on the gas.

The tires spun rapidly and the creature was getting closer by the second. Soon the wheels gained traction and the car screeched onto the road. Jake twisted the wheel and the car sped forward. As they sped down the road the ground suddenly shook. Jake lost his grip on the wheel and it spun in place. The car lurched sideways and Jake instantly slammed on the brake. As the car spun out Jake grabbed for the wheel but couldn't get a grip.

Suddenly the car shot into the air and suddenly everything was in slow motion. Jake looked towards Lilli as the car over turned and suddenly his eyes began to glow bright. He held up his hand and suddenly the hit the ground.