Blood

They say you don't truly know how much someone means to you until they're gone.

Austria had always known how much his older brother meant to him. Not many knew, but he actually looked up to Prussia.

Since he was a child.

But now Prussia was gone.

And Germany was leaving soon too. America would be here soon.

He sighed and shook his head. What were they going to do?

Europe looked at their family differently now. Like- like they were monsters.

They weren't.... He knew that they weren't.

He and Switzerland had put the door back up. But neither had the motivation to fix it yet.

Austria felt a hand land on his shoulder, snapping him out of his thoughts. "You shouldn't be up with that injured leg of your's."

"It's healing," Hungary responded.

He sighed and turned back to look out the window. "What do we do? Where do we go from here?"

No. He wouldn't cry, not here. Not in front of her.

Hungray was slient for awhile. She walked closer to him, "We stay strong and make it through this."

He scoffed, "That's easier said rhan done."

She gave him a sympathetic look, "Austria-"

"This is the second time Elizabeth!!!" He threw his hands in the air and walked away from the window, "The second time. The world..... everyone.... they're probably expecting World War 3 to break out in 20 or 25 years. They don't trust us. We're monsters to them..... They won't be as forgiving as they were during the first war. Some still hate Ludwig for that."

"I'm taking you all down with me," A voice from behind them said.

Austria quickly turned around, "Ludwig-"

"You're right.... it's because of me they see us as monsters." He sighed, "This is the second time..... And bruder took the fall for it." Germany walked out the room.

I'm the menace of this family.

Austria sadly looked down. He hadn't meant for his brother to hear that. But it was just......

What could they do now?

How could they bounce back from this?

During and after World War 1, the Germanics had gotten some rude comments such as, 'Control your brother' and 'You messed up while raising him'

But now, from during World War 2 to now it was, 'Oh look it's the family of monsters/Nazis' and 'Keep Germany on a leash' and 'We'll be ready for when one of you start World War 3'

The whole world was against them.
And Austria didn't know what too do.

But he knew one thing.

Hungary didn't have to be included in this.

She wasn't a Germanic, just a good family friend. She didn't have to stay with them through this. She had done that during the first World War and had experienced the same rudeness they did.

Not again. He wouldn't let her go through this again.

She had no ties to them in biological terms. Or in other terms.....

She's not blood.

"You should go talk to him," Her voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

He nodded, "Yes," Austria started to walk upstairs but than stopped, "You know, you don't have to stay."