Catching Up

Germany sighed as he looked at his drink. He and his brothers were all hanging out at a restaurant. It had been so long. 

So of course, they were gonna catch up. 

"How has everything been for you Feliciano?" He asked, "Since the....." 

The light in Italy's eyes slightly dimmed. "Roma told me that I had been brainwashed," He looked down, "He's been doing everything, all the diplomatic work and yeah... It takes him very long and keeps him busy. I feel like he's afraid that this may happen again.

That I may get pulled into this again.

He continued, "I want to help but he just says no. Big brother Antonio stayed with us after the war and comes around often for a while to check up on us, along with Big Brother Joao (Portugal). Big brother Francis.... 2 years after, he.... visited us and said that he didn't want the war to end destroy being family. (They're brothers) That's what he told Roma, I hid away. He wanted to talk to me..... Years later when at the Formation of NATO. He invited us to France... I didn't accept it so Roma didn't go either. But soon after that... he actually confronted me at a meeting and told me he..... he wanted to work on our relationship because he-he didn't want to lose me because of the war that broke apart families.... He said I was still his petit frere. I cried right then and there and he wanted to hug me.... but I couldn't forgive myself so I ran out..." He sighed, "He comes and checks on us too. But I barely talk to him."

Japan and Germany gave him comforting looks.

France actually tries to keep his family together.

They both had..... lost contact with theirs. Well, besides each other.

Japan nodded, "I am hope everything works out Feli-kun. It seem like Francis-san does still care about you."

Italy gave a sad smile and nodded.

He missed his big brother... When he was younger, he remember running to France for comfort. And sometimes he still wished he could do that.

But he couldn't forgive himself for what happened. He didn't occupy France but still.

"What about you Kiku?" He asked.

Japan slightly tensed but spoke anyway.

He could trust these two.

"I have no one. I don't visit any other Asian nations. I know they wouldn't want to see me," He said quietly, "I stirr (still) had some after leaving Yao-san but after that war and what I did..... no one... I don't forgive myserf.... I never wirr (will). I haven't spoken to any of them... Expect....... In 1956, a year after I joined United Nations.... Yao-san.. he- he didn't forgive me but he said that he was proud I was making changes. And.... he said if I ever wanted to talk. He wourd risten. I onry nodded and reft."

Italy put a hand on his shoulder and Germany sent a sympathetic look.

"You have us," He softly smiled.

Japan looked up and returned it,  "I know."

They had each other and that would help them through that time.

Italy and Japan looked at him and they didn't even have to ask. He just nodded and explained how his life had been since the war.

Everything.

He told them about the strange man who may actually be his father.

The attempted suicide.

Which was where Italy and Japan made him promised he would never do that again.

He told them about how he had broke ties with his family and how he had dissapointed them.

And they just listened to the end.

"You shourd tark (talk) to them," Japan stated. This was coming from someone who had no family besides these two left.

"I don't know.... Austr- Roderich doesn't even know whether I'm sure or not.."

"Lud-" He cut Italy off.

"Neither do I."

"Well to me," Feliciano spoke, "It sounds like you do know."

He looked at him with a 'why?' face.

"When you talk about them, you sound so guilty. Like you wanna do something so badly. Like you want to change something, somehow. I think... no..... I know you know. You're just afraid you'll mess up."

Germany just stared at him.

Japan nodded, "Deep down you know."

Deep down, he knew he missed his family too.

"Family is important Ludwig-san. Family can build you up."

China had built him up.

"It can bring you down. It can make you strong or can break you. It's unpredictable."

He didn't expect Hong Kong or the Korea twins to join the fam but they did and it got larger.

"And it's up to us to keep it going, to keep it strong."

Strong. He didn't do that... He screwed up his family.

"We need family, people or at least someone to help us through everything. To just be there with us and stand by us."

It may have been noisy and chaotic when he was growing up but his siblings- his family had been protective over each other.

He cleared his throat.. Oh damn... he-he missed them.

He actually missed them.

Japan looked Germany dead in the eye, "Make up with them. Family is important, we need it... Without it..... everything feels empty."

Germany nodded, he had to agree with that. He looked at the way the Americas interacted with each other.

And while they were like another family to him. They could mever replaced his old fam- his family. They reminded him of them too.

Sometimes he was so jealous of them. How close they were.

"You're right," He nodded, "I want to I really do. I really really do... I just..." The voice of a leader, a strong man, a military commander.

The voice of Germany.

Broke.

"I'm just scared I'll mess it all up again."

Japan shook his head, "You won't, I know it.. I messed up badry and can't fix it. But you can... It's not too rate."

Germany slightly smiled at him, "I think I could say the same too you."

Japan blinked.

Germany looked at Italy too, "I think all of us could say that."

Italy blinked.... but gave a small smile. He missed his French brother. He wanted all his siblings.
They saw Japan look like he was thinking.... The Asian man started to nod.

Maybe they all could say that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX