NATO

April 1949

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And he did it. 

So now he was here.

In a room watching as the 12 countries there with him, their bosses, and their reps got ready to sign for the  formation of NATO.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization. 

Many of the bosses at the meeting two years ago had liked his idea. So since then, many of them and their nations had been coming together to create  the group Germany had been talking about.

Some had actually included Germany in the process at times.

But many were still wary of him, which was understandable. 

He slightly smiled as he saw England and France work fast to get a protesting America's hair under control while Canada tried to help his brother escape their grips. 

They were such an interesting four. 

But honestly, America's hair had been fine when he walked in but it wasn't up to his parents' standards for a signing ceremony so yeah. 

In the corner of his eye, he saw North Italy looking at him. 

 And he also saw Romano keeping an eye on North Italy as he talked to Portugal. 

Germany sighed, Romano had all the right to keep Veneziano away from him. He had pulled the two into a damn war. He didn't deserve either of their trust at all.

But Italy....

He had stuck by his side through everything and still didn't think he was a monster even after everything. 

But he couldn't.

He couldn't talk to him, not after everything that he did. Romano seemed to have the same line of thinking, so he completely stopped all contact between the two. He didn't blame him.

"Mr. Kirkland, Mr. Bonnefoy," One of America's aides spoke, snapping him out of his thoughts, "America's hair is fine. I really think you can leave it."

"You tell them Derek!!" America cheered.

England rolled his eyes at his son and looked at Derek, "Well Derek, knowing my son and his hair. He will find some way to mess it up before the ceremony is over and besides, it may be combed but it won't stay that way for long."

France who had finally finished up with America nodded, "Oui." He then turned and gently grabbed Canada to start fixing his hair.

"Dammit Papa!!" Canada cursed under his breath.

France lightly smacked him upside the head, he had heard that.

"Okay....." Derek simply said.

"Mattie no!!" America started to try and help his brother get out of France's grip. 

"Alfred, leave him!!" England grabbed him and started pulling him away.

"Hong Kong!!" Canada called, "Help!!"

HK, who was also in the room, just shook his head and backed away. He wasn't getting into this.

Germany sadly watched with a sad smile on his face. They reminded him of his family. How were they even doing all the way in Europe? (They're in Washington D.C)

Germany sighed, maybe he should stop calling his family.... his family. After all, he was the reason everything was happening to them. If only they could be spared from him and everything. 

Maybe they could be....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

America, Canada, Belgium, Portugal,  Netherlands, Denmark, Luxembourg, Norway, England, France, Iceland, both Italies all stood on the stage with their bosses and reps. 

The document was right in front of all of them. 

Finally, after all of the European nations signed, the two North American countries and their reps and bosses went up to sign.

And when the last person signed, it was done.

Germany smiled, more action was being taken against the USSR. 

It wasn't official yet though, NATO would be ratified soon. Anything could still happen but he knew no one would change their mind about this.

When the countries came down from the stage. America and Canada walked over to him.

"Well Lud," Alfred said, "We told you they would love your idea!!" 

Germany smiled and nodded, "I'm glad they did, now Western Europe has some protection from the USSR."

They nodded, "You look down," Canada said, "Is something wrong?"

Germany shook his head, "You two, Hong Kong, and your parents just reminded me of my family."

"Oh," Canada nodded, "We've been talking to the other allies members about a reunion for you all. Since, you still had 8 hours left."

Germany nodded, but he didn't deserve a reunion, "What about Russia?"

They both sighed, "He's not budging. But don't worry!!" America said, "We'll make him break."

"Actually, you can give my family the reunion. I don't deserve it."

They both frowned, "We've been over this Germany," Canada said, "This isn't your fault, it was your bosses."

He nodded.

That's what they say.

Canada and America looked at each other, they really had to get the Germanics a reunion. Germany was kinda falling back into his depression.

America swung an arm over him. "Let's go find somewhere to eat!! This is my capital so I know a lot of great spots!!" He looked over his shoulder, "Yo Papa, Dad, Hong!!! We're heading out to lunch!!"

"Hold on mon fils/ Wait a moment Alfred!!" France and England both said at the same time. They were both talking with their bosses.

Kids.

Hong Kong walked over to his brothers and Germany, who decided to wait outside and were walking to the door. 

Germany looked over his shoulder and saw Italy looking at him. Romano was holding onto his brother so he wouldn't run off.

Veneziano tried reaching out for him, before he stopped and just waved. "Germany... bye."

 He just gave him a nod.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX