Guest

Dinner was a mixture of quiet and compassionate, to say the least, so far.

The quietness was on Austria's and mainly Switzerland's part. And as you can guess, the compassionate was on his sister's.

Liechtenstein had noticed that Ludwig, had gotten a tan, and commented and asked him about it.

So he started to tell her about his adventures in the former Axis countries. His baby sister looked so interested, doing more listening than eating. So of course, Austria would gently remind her to eat her food. 

Speaking of Austria, his brother was actually listening to the conversation too and adding his input, he even seemed generally seemed shocked at the fact Ludwig went on an 8 year exploration trip to different countries.

He just didn't seem like the type for it.

But he was impressed that his brother did seem to change, truly inside and out.

He looked more defined, more at ease, just different.

"It was just so peaceful," Germany spoke with a smile on his face as he remembered the country side of Japan. He had been to many villages. Of course, many villagers were wary of him and Feliciano or even downright rude, they did have different features after all. Plus, many didn't want to deal with Europeans. But some did come around after awhile and hang around and teach him new things.

And it was just so enjoyable to learn more about their culture. It was amazing how different villages had different traditions and routines. 

And of course Japan told him about the traditions and lifestyles but hearing it from a human, a villager gave it a different perspective and just intrigued him so much more.

Liechtenstein smiled, her eyes beaming with interest, "I wish I could go to Japan."

"I would love to take you," He smiled back as Liechtenstein gave him a look of excitement. "It's a very beautiful place and the countryside is very-"

As this conversation went on, Austria looked at Switzerland, "You're awfully quiet." 

Vash looked up at him, he had been listening to the conversation but that was it. Wasn't making any comments on or anything. Was just quiet. 

Switzerland wasn't a loud person, but tonight he was just silent. 

"Are we just sure?" Is what he asked as he looked at his two younger siblings talking, "Lily's been through so much through this whole ordeal and I swear I won't be able to take seeing her get so hurt again," He whispered.

He was concerned about Liechtenstein. That made sense, and he was trying to keep distance from Germany in case their brother did something... something that would go against their family and hurt their sister.

Austria truly understood Vash's reasoning, but when he looked at Germany, he saw changed man and that was saying something since he was the one who wanted to make sure Ludwig had truly changed and wouldn't drag their family down in another war. Plus, their brother was telling them about his 8 year journey.

It seemed like he had truly found himself.

And that was something so many nations couldn't do.

"We need to have a talk with him," Switzerland spoke.

And Austria nodded, "Of course." But not right now, "Later though."

"Why not now?"

"Look at her," He discreetly motioned to Liechtenstein who was giggling at something Germany said.