Mother

What was she doing here?

Liechtenstein once again put on a fake smile and acted like she was interested as Belgium went on talking.

Why couldn't she just leave?

It wasn't like the other nation cared about her, this was the first time she had actually spoke to Belgium since the war.

There was a reason it had been awhile. She knew the other nation had been vary of her brothers and Hungary.

Hungary..... the woman who was  basically a mother to her.... her mother.... her heart ached...

So why the Hell did Belgium finally feel like it was time to come and talk? It's been years and she was fine with the distance.....

When Austria answered the door, the  older female nation and Netherlands were there. Netherlands and Austria had a meeting together, but Belgium had been unexpected.

So of course, she was expected to entertain her. The first thing the woman had said to her was 'Hi Liechtenstein' and she couldn't help but just want to frown.

The girl stirred her tea faster. Could she leave?

She had been close to Belgium in the past but the wars soon changed that.

She held nothing against the other but the moment she saw her, She felt a certain way.

Did one of her brothers write or call her so try and get her to talk to someone else or make more friends? She had Maria.

Did Belgium just feel like she could just come and talk all of a sudden.

She could have done that years ago.

No..... no.... She knew why..... She may have been young but she understood why this woman was here.

She wanted to take over..... Take the place of Hungary.... her mother figure.... her mother.

"I was thinking for your birthday," Belgium smiled, "We could go out, maybe get our nails done. But I'm not sure how your brothers will feel about that."

Liechtenstein was still look on down at her tea. Her spoon suddenly scraped the bottom of the cup and it let out a screech.

Belgium cringed at it and gave the girl a worried glance. "Lily are you oka-"

Stay calm.... relax...

Be the polite little girl Austria would want her to be.

Belgium frowned, "Lily-"

Or be the badass girl who stood up for what she thought was right, the one Prussia would cheer for.

"Don't call me that," She said in a cold tone.

Belgium gave a questioning look, "What? Lily?"

She clenched her fists, "Don't call me that name... My mother gave me that."

Belgium was looking at her with concern, "Are you okay?"

"Why are you trying to replace her?" She was dead serious.

"What? Who?"

"My mother?"

"And who would that be?"

Liechtenstein gave her a glare, that kinda shook her. Why was she playing dumb, "Hungary!!"

Belgium stood there shocked, this was Liechtenstein yelling at her.... "I'm not trying to replace her," She put her hands up.

"Yes you are!!" Liechtenstein stood up and slammed her hands on the tall. "You show up here after years of clearly trying to avoid my family. And suddenly want to go out for my birthday, your trying to become my friend and replace Hungray!!! You're trying to replace my mother!!"