Family of the West

Germany looked at himself in the store mirror and honestly couldn't believe it. 

He looked so different in bright colors. 

They just looked so new and fresh and wow. He had been wearing the bright colors for a few weeks now and he still couldn't believe how he looked.

Some of the female states and cities had taken him out shopping to buy them a few months back. 

"Luddy!!! You coming!?" North Carolina asked as she dragged South Carolina along with her to him.

He nodded and followed the two. He and a few of the states, cities, and territories were out shopping for baking supplies. They loved it when Germany baked, which was often since they loved it so much, so when they all discovered that they were out of baking supplies.

Everyone lost it.

So since Germany is Germany, he was able to calm them all down and organize a trip to the grocery store. 

"This would look so good on you!!!" Montana squealed as she held up a jean jacket to him. 

Oh yeah, and they were no longer shopping for supplies. That was done, so some of the states and cities had dragged him clothes  shopping.

"Umm...." He said, "It is very nice."

"Nice!?! It's amazing!! We're buying it!!" Atlanta said.

"Okay?" He said not knowing what to say.

After another 2 hours of shopping, they finally left the store. But it had started to rain.

Fantastic.

"We didn't bring umbrellas," Germany sighed, "Hopefully it's light so it'll pass soon." He was prepared to wait this out.

Expect, the states and cities he was with had other plans.

Most of them rain out into the rain and started to spin in it.

"You all are going to get a cold!!" He said, shocked at what they were doing.

Oregon laughed, "You're too strict Luddy, let loose for once." She went out to join her siblings. 

Germany just watched them. 

Let loose?

He had always been strict. Even his brothers would tell him that he had the same personality as their father.

Who he couldn't remember by the way.

But still..... maybe she was right.. He was starting out fresh.. A new man. Who says he couldn't have some fun? The Old Germany didn't have much fun but the New Germany did.

Germany put down the bags he was holding and went out. He stood in the rain. 

This actually felt nice.

He closed his eyes and tried to not think about everything that had happened last year. He wanted the rain to wash off the remains of Old Germany. 

He opened his eyes when he felt someone grab his two hands. He opened his eyes and saw Hawaii and Honolulu smiling at him.

"Come on Germany!!!" Honolulu said. She wanted to spin. Her sister nodded.

Germany suddenly smiled and started to spin around with the two in the rain.

This felt amazing.

And all of a sudden the rain stopped and the Sun had started to break out. But they all of a sudden heard music.

A band was setting up nearby. They had been waiting for the rain to end. They started to play what sounded like a country song. One started to sing.