Belgium

Everyone who guess NATO last chap is correct

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Germany stretched as he got up from trimming the rose bush. He took a step back and admired his work.

Looked pretty good.

He nodded his head in satisfaction before heading over to the next bush and getting down to trim it too.

He was at Belgium's house trimming her rosebushes. She wasn't the one to request his help though. It was Netherlands and Luxembourg.

 Ever since the end of the war, the two of them noticed how Belgium would bury herself in work and always head to meetings. She was barely taking care of herself and her house. She really wanted to get her country back on it's feet.

So Netherland's was all like. The guy who caused this is offering services, so who are we to decline?

So yeah, here he was.

Germany hadn't seen Belgium at all yet, he had talked to Netherlands and Luxembourg when he first came and they had told him what he needed to do. 

Based on how she looked when he saw her at meetings, her country was still recovering from the war. She looked so tired.

He sighed, he felt so bad about everything. So many innocent people and countries had been affected. He noticed Belgium wasn't as cheery as she usually was. Man he wanted to put a smile on her face.

After this, he was gonna have to mow the lawn, repair broken shudders on the roof, and rip out the weeds and old flowers and plant new flowers.

Oh yeah.

And give the roof a new coat of paint.

Yep, it was gonna be a busy day.

A really busy one.

Netherlands and Luxembourg always cleaned the inside of their sister's house every week. But Belgium never noticed due to always being at her government building doing work/being at meetings.

Or being in her room. 

Doing paperwork.

They hated seeing her like that.

Hopefully this would cheer her up.   

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"You're doing good."

Germany looked up and saw Luxembourg looking down at him. "Oh, thank you."

"Are you a gardener or something? It seems like your experienced."

Germany put another rose down and patted the dirt around it to smooth it out. "I'm not a gardener, but Liechtenstein has always loved gardening. She has a garden at all of our houses," He smiled at the thought of his family, "Mine and Prussia's, Switzerland's, Austria's, all of them have gardens for her. Even Hungary's. We join her a lot of the time too. So we all have experience."

The other nation nodded, "It seems like you all have fun."

Germany gave a smile and nodded, "We do. Although most of the time, it ends up with most of us yelling at and chasing Prussia around... That's us."

His smile soon faltered, he was the reason his family was in the state it was currently in.

Luxembourg noticed this. "The three of us aren't like that. But when we're together, we do have fun. Bel is really the only one who can make Brother smile. I sometimes do too but it's mostly her. And ever since the....... she hasn't been smiling at all. So has he, and it's nice to see him happy at least once in awhile. " He sighed and looked up at the sky, "We've been trying to make her smile but it never works. She looks so sad and we knew she's overworking herself. It's only sometimes, when we can get her to stay home and rest.." He shook his head, "The light in her eyes went out and they still haven't returned."

Germany frowned and looked down.

"I'm scared that they never will."

Germany forced himself to look at Luxembourg, "I'm so sorry." He remembered back during the war... When all captive countries were forced to live in the same house as him and his family.. The siblings were always together. At first it seemed like Belgium was always in one of her brothers' arms crying. And then, after awhile she started to look tired.. no actually dead.. She had gone dull."

He did that.

"I'm so so sorry. None of you deserved what happened... what I did."

Luxembourg only nodded, didn't know if could ever forgive. Not like that, but if the light in his sister's eyes ever returned again...

Maybe he would.

"Luxembourg!!" Netherlands called from the house, "Leave the Na- Germany alone and let him work!!!"

Both of them heard what he almost said.... Germany only closed his eyes and sighed. He turned back to his work as Luxembourg turned to walk back into the house. 

"Wait," He said, "Luxembourg," He called.

Said nation turned around, "Yeah?"

"What is Belgium's favorite flower?"

"The red poppy."

Germany nodded, "Thank you."

It was time to see her smile.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Germany had finally finished everything. 

He hated fixed the roof, painted it, moved the lawn, and planted new flowers.

And he had done something extra that not even Netherlands and Luxembourg knew about.  

Hopefully it would make Belgium smile.

"You're finished?" Netherlands asked as he walked into the house.

He nodded, "Yes. Is there anything else you would like me to do?"

Netherlands thought about it before shaking his head, "No, thank you for your services," He passed Germany a glass of water.

"Thank you," He said, downing the bottle. When he was done, he started to head out. "And one more thing Netherlands."

"Yeah?" Said nation asked.

"I'm very sorry for everything," He walked out the house and left a shocked Netherlands behind.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Belgium finally reached her property. She liked walking to and from her capital and seeing the progress her country was making.

As soon as her house came into view, she stopped and gasped.

It was beautiful.

"Abel!! Michael!!!" She called her brothers and they came rushing out.

"What's wrong?!" Netherlands asked.

"Did you two do this?" She asked as she stared at her house.

They looked at the house and their eyes widened.

There were red poppies on windowsills and weaved on the front fence, and many of them were mixed in with other flowers in the front of the house. This took skill.

"It's beautiful," She said again in awe.

"It is," Her brothers agreed, they looked at each other. Both knew the other didn't do it.

As they looked at their sister, both saw something they hadn't seen the beginning of the war. 

The light in her eyes. It was back, maybe not for long. But for now, yeah.

Luxembourg smiled and Netherlands heard him say something under his breath.

"Thank you Germany."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX