Breaking Bonds

Latvia smiled to himself as he swept the dining room floor, it was still fresh and shocking to think about. 

He had a mother now.

That's something not all countries had been blessed with.

But he was deemed worthy enough of one now, he was being given one. And it felt so nice. To have so much attention on him on from such a caring source. 

Make that two caring sources, he was actually starting to see Prussia as more of a father figure than a brother. 

He hoped the older nation wouldn't mind.

He sighed happily, and then started to wonder..... When Hungary and Prussia left the USSR.....

If that would ever happen.

They said they would take him and his brothers too..... So he would live with them.. at least until the Baltics left the USSR. did that mean he would be part of the Germanics family? Would Liechtenstein and Italy be his siblings since they were Hungary's other children?

Hmmm...... Latvia didn't know why, but he started to feel a little jealous. Of course he loved his two brothers, but having a mother, finally having one. Was just so different. 

But of course, he hadn't fully known what he had been missing out on till now. Sometimes he would watch mothers in his villages care for their children and wonder what that was like. 

Well now he knew.

You know, maybe he was just jealous of the other two. They had always had Hungary growing up but he just got her, it was just....... He really did wish he had, had her before. Maybe she could have made so many nightmares disappear, and maybe she could have held him and sang him to sleep during loud and terrible snow storms in her safe arms, maybe she could have found something to make for dinner, even if it was a tiny portion, when he and his brothers' countries were in such weak states that there was no food. When they were in starving times.

All those times, when he needed her.

He sighed and looked out the window. Would he even be accepted into the Germanic's family- 

¨Latvia!!¨ A voice suddenly yelled out and he jumped and quickly turned to Russia.

¨D-da sir?¨ He asked quivering.

Russia glared at him, whatever this inappropriate behavior was with Hungary and Prussia was. He wanted it to stop.

NOW.

¨I don't know what you and the other two are conspiring against me, but it will STOP!!¨ 

Latvia shook. ¨What do you mean?¨

¨Whatever this little relationship you have with Prussia and Hungary is, it will stop. This is your only warning.¨

He wouldn't let this weakling have a family when he couldn't. 

Not in his house.

Latvia fearfully nodded under the gaze of Russia's glaring eyes. M-maybe letting go of Hungary and Prussia was best.

Even though it would hurt.

But who even knew? He may have not even been accepted in the Germanic's family. Hungary would never be his mother.

Tears fell from his eyes.

She would be Liechtenstein and Italy's, but not his.

He let more tears fall as he nodded to Russia. 

The older and taller man smiled.

Perfect.

If he couldn't have a family, nobody could. 

And the Russian walked away, ¨I'm pretty sure there are others who matter more to them than you anyway.¨

And Latvia fell to the ground in shock and sadness, that hurt. 

So that's what heartbreak feels like.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hungary looked around the hallway, she sensed something was off. 

With her child.

And now she was trying to find him. 

¨Latvia?¨"She called out, stopping when she heard footsteps walking away. It was coming from the dining room.

She rushed into the room and caught a glimpse of Latvia rushing out through another door. ¨Baba, várj!!! (Baby, wait!!) ¨ She called to him. 

And her son actually stopped. She was teaching him Hungarian and could understand what she said.

And it was so sad. He truly liked being called those special names she called him. It made him feel so special, important, wanted.

But she probably called Italy and Liechtenstein that too. They were first, they mattered more. They always would.

And Russia was right, she and Prussia had more history with them. So they would spend more time with them than him if he even was accepted into the family.

He sniffled, looking down as Hungary rushed to him. She quickly took him into her arms and hugged him.

He didn't do it back.

¨Mi a baj? (What's wrong?)¨ She asked softly, starting to comb her fingers through his hair. Making him want to relax and cry in her arms.

Making him want to ask how she truly felt about him.

He shook his head, ¨I'm sorry.¨

She looked at him confused, ¨For what??¨

He forced himself out of her arms, ¨For wasting your time and for never being them.¨

Liechtenstein or Italy.

Hungary stared at him. 

Them? Who was them? What was he talking about? He never wasted her time, what was this?

Latvia rushed out, ¨I'm sorry that you confused me as your child.¨ 

Hungary heard his footsteps rush out.

And stood there confused and shocked..... and hurt.

What just happened?

What was wrong with her baby?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anyone what to see the follow up to this next chap?

And during this time, Germany is traveling around living with Japan and Italy in the Axis countries. I won't go in depth for that, it will be a timeskip.

Bye!!