Joining

America and Canada walked up to him.

"Hey Germany," Alfred spoke, "Can we ask you something?"

He looked up at them, "Um sure."

Canada smiled at him, "Well as you know, your NATO idea is liked by a lot of people and it has helped ease paranoia a bit. And you've been trying your best to gain better relations with other nations."

Germany nodded slowly.

"So what we're trying to ask is... Would you like..... no actually.... we would like you to join NATO."

What?

"What?" Were they serious?

He just started at them, "Are you serious?"

"Of course we are," America nodded.

This was, this was it.... They were actually asking him to join....

He slowly nodded his head and smiled, "Yes, thank you."

"You deserve it."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And that's why he was here right now.

Standing in front of the fellow nations already in NATO.

He couldn't believe this... This was actually happening.

Was this real?

"West Germany," One of the American diplomats spoke. "As you know, NATO was made to protect the rest of Europe from the Soviet Union. Joining this agreement means you will be there should the USSR ever try to or succeed in invading any other country in this agreement. Do you agree?"

Germany and his reps all nodded together.

"Welcome to NATO," One of the British reps spoke.

Germany smiled as people started to clap.

This was it.... finally. The world was starting to see him differently.

Finally.

He looked around the room and sighed, this.... didn't feel so right..... Not as he thought it would feel.

Why?

The world was starting to view him differently. He had wanted this for so long. Why didn't he feel so happy?

Maybe because a few certain nations weren't there with hi-

No, that could be it. 

As people started to pack up, North Italy rushed to his old ally and still friend. He jumped on Germany, "Congratulations Germany!!!!" 

Germany almost went down from the unexpected force. "Um, thank you Italy. Now please get off."

"But I haven't talked to you in so long!!! Roma won't let me see you!!"

"I-"

"Feli!!!" They heard Romano call out, "Get away from the potato bastard!!!" 

Romano walked over and grabbed his twin. 

"But Roma!! He's my friend, he's like a brother!! Yeah, all three of us!!! Germany, we should all go see Japan one day!!! It's been so long!!!"

Germany tensed up, "Brother?" He asked.

N. Italy nodded rapidly, "Yeah, we're like brothers!!! Don't you feel that way?"

"I-Italy.... I don't have a brother. I don't have any family."

And that's when both Italies stopped.

"What?" Feliciano asked, wide eyed. Romano just stared.

"I don't have a family."

What?

"But what are Mr. Austria and Prussia and Liec-"

"They're not my family and you and Japan aren't my brothers. I don't have a family."

Why was his gut telling him different? He didn't have a  family.

Not for years.

Feli stared at him, hurt. "But we- But you all...." He nodded and walked away.

Romano walked his brother walk away and then looked back at Germany. He knew the Potato Bastard was dumb but this was...Was he serious?...... "You really are dumb, aren't you bastard?" He started to walk away.

Germany sighed, "Romano, I know your upset about what I said to Ital-"

"That's not what or who I'm talking about," Romano said firmly, he then turned and left Germany to his thoughts.

Ludwig watched him go....

What was he talking about?

Who was he talking about?

What?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I can't even stick to the schedule I made. Oh well.